watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Confirmed 25 man squad

Started by fulhamben, October 20, 2020, 04:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Not surprised about SteffJo at all. He doesn't do it for us at all. I predicted Seri (good riddance) and KMac (that's a shame). I thought the 4th would be Fabri. AK was a cert to make it

Deeping_white

Quote from: General on October 20, 2020, 06:17:43 PM

Onomah - I feel really sorry for. He was really positive for us towards the back end of last season and I thought Parker really rated him as a player and he's young and was getting better and more confident too. Is the jump to the other players that significant? Perhaps. Lemina, RLC and Anguissa are all clearly above the quality of most of the midfield we had last season. That said though, is it a stupid transfer policy when RLC and perhaps Lemina are both loans with no options when we have players on permanent contracts that aren't even in the 25? I think so and that's a problem with how we recruited.

Just two small points, Onomah wasn't picked because he's out with injury until December so there wasn't much point picking him in all honesty until he's able to contribute, and if we stay up we have an obligation to purchase Lemina which is a good deal for all parties

filham

Looks a good squad but surely Seri should have been transfered during the window. What does he do now .

General

Two observations: Our squad is actually 26 players...

Given that - what ever happened to the home grown rule?

Arsenal's squad is 29 players strong, but they have a lot of players that have come through their academy and have dropped Mesut Ozil.

Why wouldn't Tosin be considered a home grown player? Because he didn't come through our academy? Or he's over a certain age?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: General on October 20, 2020, 06:17:43 PM

In my opinion I find it strange and am gutted to see Stefan left out - weird to think not only what he can offer but also that Norway's captain is now not able to play competitive football between now and January, unless we simply let him go on a free.

You saw that Scott didn't rate him in the Championship though.   Why would his opinion change in a tougher league?   

I think all the omissions were obvious ones that Scott would make...based on his history.   He didn't rate Seri, didn't rate McDonald, didn't rate Stefjo and Onomah was injured.  (MLM probably lucked out with Onomah being injured)

Slaphead in Qatar

I think seri is being 'taught a lesson'

love4ffc

The thing about Seri is that he's 3.3 mil per year or Or 65k per week apparently.  That really hurts the wage bill.  One would have thought that surely the club would have moved mountains to get some of that off the books. 

The MLS transfer window doesn't close until Thursday Oct. 29th.  Wonder if the club could find a team to at least take some of the wage bill?
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: love4ffc on October 20, 2020, 07:18:27 PM
The thing about Seri is that he's 3.3 mil per year or Or 65k per week apparently.  That really hurts the wage bill.  One would have thought that surely the club would have moved mountains to get some of that off the books. 

The MLS transfer window doesn't close until Thursday Oct. 29th.  Wonder if the club could find a team to at least take some of the wage bill?

I'm sure we tried to move him.    Can't make teams take a player they don't value.

And what's truly the negative effect of having him hurt our wage bill this season?   Personally, I know I didn't want to see him on the pitch.   Win imo regardless of his wage.

gang

Quote from: fulhamben on October 20, 2020, 05:02:45 PM
Quote from: sarvenpa on October 20, 2020, 05:01:22 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 20, 2020, 05:00:27 PM
So the big surprise is Onomah being dropped. Along with seri kmac and stefjo

Peter Rutzler
@peterrutzler
"I understand Onomah is injured, which is why he misses the cut. #FFC"
which is a lie as Anderson has a long lay off and he still made it

Lie? That's a bit strong.

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 20, 2020, 07:31:30 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on October 20, 2020, 07:18:27 PM

I'm sure we tried to move him.    Can't make teams take a player they don't value.

And what's truly the negative effect of having him hurt our wage bill this season?   Personally, I know I didn't want to see him on the pitch.   Win imo regardless of his wage.
we did try to loan him, it was all agreed and seri himself cancelled the move
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bencher

Can anyone explain to me what the point of this 25 man squad concept is? And this season it seems particularly pointless, as what would happen if a squad is ravaged by coronavirus and they only have 5 players not in isolation or positive for Covid? Would they have to play their youth team? Forfeit the match?

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: bencher on October 20, 2020, 08:08:46 PM
Can anyone explain to me what the point of this 25 man squad concept is? And this season it seems particularly pointless, as what would happen if a squad is ravaged by coronavirus and they only have 5 players not in isolation or positive for Covid? Would they have to play their youth team? Forfeit the match?

They'd make you forfeit the match

Pluto

Shame to see Stefjo left out - particularly with all four players dropped being central midfielders (strange!), I think he has something to offer in a box to box role. Always been decent for us and a solid pro. I would have dropped Fabri or one of the centre backs (do we need 7?!)

copthornemike

As a post above mentioned especially disappointing for StefJo as recently been the Norwegian captain (last match absent due to injury).
I believe Kevin MacDonald is doing his coaching qualifications so hopefully can use this period in a coaching capacity.
Seri might be able to move to Portugal or Turkey?

Bassey the warrior

Surprised to see Seri left out given his wages. We are well stocked in central midfield though. I expect if Andersen had veen fit we'd have cut one of MLM or Odoi.

Hopefully we can send Seri out on loan.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: General on October 20, 2020, 06:57:10 PM

Arsenal's squad is 29 players strong, but they have a lot of players that have come through their academy and have dropped Mesut Ozil.

Why wouldn't Tosin be considered a home grown player? Because he didn't come through our academy? Or he's over a certain age?

Because he didn't come through our academy.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 20, 2020, 09:07:28 PM
Surprised to see Seri left out given his wages. We are well stocked in central midfield though. I expect if Andersen had veen fit we'd have cut one of MLM or Odoi.

Hopefully we can send Seri out on loan.

Since we are paying Seri's wages regardless, I don't see why it should factor into a decision like this. A little surprised though that not one of Seri and Johansen was included.

We Are Premier League

Seri to China would be great, probably the only place where they would pay a big chunk of his salary...

copthornemike

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 20, 2020, 09:09:27 PM
Quote from: General on October 20, 2020, 06:57:10 PM
Because he didn't come through our academy.
Rodak did however come through our academy.

junior white

Quote from: gang on October 20, 2020, 07:41:18 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 20, 2020, 05:02:45 PM
Quote from: sarvenpa on October 20, 2020, 05:01:22 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 20, 2020, 05:00:27 PM
So the big surprise is Onomah being dropped. Along with seri kmac and stefjo

Peter Rutzler
@peterrutzler
"I understand Onomah is injured, which is why he misses the cut. #FFC"
which is a lie as Anderson has a long lay off and he still made it

Lie? That's a bit strong.
Think they exp3ct Anderson back after the next international break