watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Confirmed 25 man squad

Started by fulhamben, October 20, 2020, 04:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Emotional and quite marvellous tribute to our midfield double act who guided us through our fantastic Joka years on Twitter written by White Noise.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Twig

Apologies if this has already been posted but I see that the players omitted from our squad include; Seri, Johansen, McDonald and Onomah.  Shame about Onomah as he showed some form last year, as for Seri the least said about such a costly flop the better.

Woolly Mammoth

My understanding is that Onomah apparently is left out as he is injured until December then he can come back into the squad in the new year if required and  AN Other may be left out.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: We Are Premier League on October 20, 2020, 09:18:10 PM
Seri to China would be great, probably the only place where they would pay a big chunk of his salary...

Our local Chinese Takeaway is looking for a delivery driver.🤗

Twig

A slightly earlier thread has just shown up on my iPad. So mods please feel free to close this thread.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 20, 2020, 09:09:27 PM
Quote from: General on October 20, 2020, 06:57:10 PM

Two observations: Our squad is actually 26 players...

Given that - what ever happened to the home grown rule?

Arsenal's squad is 29 players strong, but they have a lot of players that have come through their academy and have dropped Mesut Ozil.

Why wouldn't Tosin be considered a home grown player? Because he didn't come through our academy? Or he's over a certain age?

Because he didn't come through our academy.

That's incorrect, he counts as homegrown. I believe two different things are being mixed here. Each squad can a maximum number of 17 non homegrown players . Doesn't have to be from our own academy, but needs to have spent at least three seasons in the UK before 21 years of age. As such  Tosin counts as homegrown. As do Rodak, Aina, Hector, Bryan, Robinson, Cairney, RLC, Reed, Lookman (and Onomah).

Another thing is that outside of the 25 players allowed, you can have an unlimited number of players under a certain age (21?). We have no such players in our squad, but could use youngsters anyway I assume. Arsenal has a bunch In their registered squad, hence they can go above the 25 allowed.

fcfulham55

Heres our 25 man squad with 20 of them being defenders....

Might as well be!
Sent from my Nokia 3310

We Are Premier League

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Craven_Chris on October 20, 2020, 05:07:02 PM
Good that it implies a pre xmas return for Anderson. Slightly surprised Odoi made that cut but he is useful to have on the bench as can play anywhere across the back

He can, albeit very badly at this level!

Denzil Dexter

Seri gets an easy life.  Turn up for training and get paid £?????? every week

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on October 20, 2020, 11:27:14 PM

Parker made it clear he didn't want Seri, so Seri's agent thought he was guaranteed to be sold and held out for £15.5m wages at club of Seri's choice.

It seems Seri is only worth £16m, so if Fulham want any money they have to convince Seri that he won't leave unless he lowers his wages of £15.5m over five years.

Tony Khan gave Seri options, a) he can train with the u23s squad for the next 2 years, b) earn his spot in the first team for 2021 or c) get FFC a £5m transfer fee, but Seri cannot d) sign a £15.5m contract with another club and FFC get less than £1m.

Good on Tony Khan for not giving into Seri.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 21, 2020, 01:20:19 AM

Parker made it clear he didn't want Seri, so Seri's agent thought he was guaranteed to be sold and held out for £15.5m wages at club of Seri's choice.

It seems Seri is only worth £16m, so if Fulham want any money they have to convince Seri that he won't leave unless he lowers his wages of £15.5m over five years.

Tony Khan gave Seri options, a) he can train with the u23s squad for the next 2 years, b) earn his spot in the first team for 2021 or c) get FFC a £5m transfer fee, but Seri cannot d) sign a £15.5m contract with another club and FFC get less than £1m.

Bad on him for the ill judgement in buying Seri or should I say in being mugged to waste that amount of money on a dud in the first place and then being lumbered with his wages, and you are congratulating the owners son for this incompetence.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

We Are Premier League

One can see why his Agent thinks that they have a good position to negotiate from, even alternative D is a decent saving for us as we can avoid his wages for 2 years.
a) cost to Fulham -7m
b) cost to Fulham -7m
c) cost to Fulham +5m
d) cost to Fulham +1m

Denver Fulham

Quote from: We Are Premier League on October 21, 2020, 02:36:36 AM

One can see why his Agent thinks that they have a good position to negotiate from, even alternative D is a decent saving for us as we can avoid his wages for 2 years.
a) cost to Fulham -7m
b) cost to Fulham -7m
c) cost to Fulham +5m
d) cost to Fulham +1m

It's not that simple, if I understand FFP properly. Selling Seri for a big loss would be really bad.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Denver Fulham on October 21, 2020, 02:52:53 AM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on October 21, 2020, 02:36:36 AM

a) cost to Fulham -7m
b) cost to Fulham -7m
c) cost to Fulham +5m
d) cost to Fulham +1m

It's not that simple, if I understand FFP properly. Selling Seri for a big loss would be really bad. I assume the club wanted to loan him out to get some of his wages covered and he didn't want that, prefering just to enjoy London and collect a check. Which is his prerogative, if not exactly an inspiring response.

General

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 20, 2020, 07:09:48 PM
Quote from: General on October 20, 2020, 06:17:43 PM

In my opinion I find it strange and am gutted to see Stefan left out - weird to think not only what he can offer but also that Norway's captain is now not able to play competitive football between now and January, unless we simply let him go on a free.

You saw that Scott didn't rate him in the Championship though.   Why would his opinion change in a tougher league?   

I think all the omissions were obvious ones that Scott would make...based on his history.   He didn't rate Seri, didn't rate McDonald, didn't rate Stefjo and Onomah was injured.  (MLM probably lucked out with Onomah being injured)

I think it's a question of whether scott should be more objective in the way he views stefan. Stefan wasn't given much game time, which made me think it was perhaps more of a personal clash as it is proven he is a reliable contributor in the championship. As someone said he's also not as old as MLM.  I also think, had Scott seen Johansen for his merits then he would've seen that he had the creativity we needed as an AM, CAM type player last season, someone who can split a defence or find that reaching pass (like Lemina) but also score goals. I simply think Stefan is more of a Ollie Norwood level (Norwood stepped up with Sheffield Utd and put in a real account of himself in their success last season) and could make the step up alongside better quality players and think he proves that internationally and I think he's been unfairly treated.

I'm also dissapointed in Seri - I thought he'd perhaps get the fact he wasn't moving on and therefore it may have prompted him to put the effort in and apply himself to get into the squad at the very least. Someone said they think him being left out may be the kick up the backside he needed from Scott - I hope that's the case, but if he hasn't done it already... he runs the risk of being with us being the worst decision for him - noone likes to see that happen.

Statto

Quote from: We Are Premier League on October 20, 2020, 11:15:20 PM
Love it

Invalid Tweet ID

Brilliant

In all seriousness that sort of gamesmanship and mettle was as important in our first promotion season as the slick passing etc

steed the legend

I personally will miss Steph . He combined play very well, and was good box to box. Also having the ability of being able to take one for the Team made the midfield far tighter. We will now only have Harrison Reed who has that in his locker.  Any capable Sunday league Team should be able to waltz pass the other midfield players that we have. Lets hope our two Centre backs are ready for a load of action this Season.

Twig

Both Steph Jo and K Mac have been great servants to this club and I, for one, will certainly miss them.

b+w geezer

Last time we were in this division, Johansen didn't get much of a look in and when he did it was it a struggling team. So by all means call those excuses for the fact that we he did take the pitch, it all seemed too quick for him. He tried his usual, but found it hard either to get on the ball or hinder opponents.