more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mawson gone again...

Started by We Are Premier League, October 20, 2020, 09:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Mawson subbed early in 2nd half at 0-0...must be another injury

Updated: "Looks a bad injury for Mawson. Stretcher is coming on to take him off, which is never nice to see. Looked like he over-extended when made the tackle on Spence. Tomas Kalas will be coming on for Bristol"

filham

Does that possibly mean he is on his way back to his place in our treatment room for another spell.

Twig

Poor guy, you have to feel for him.

junior white

Quote from: copthornemike on October 20, 2020, 09:31:55 PM
Appears to have been a foul by Chris Martin (remember him)!
They both play for Bristol City

Slaphead in Qatar

Sadly some players are just injury prone.

Big T

Boys crocked
Poor fella
How much did we pay for him, Swansea conned us

WestSussexWhite

I think if it's the same knee he injured with us, that may be him retiring. He almost retired in February because of his knee issues, it's about as strong as a poppadom

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Aren't the club insured against the loss of players through serious injury?

SP

Gutted for him, I hope it's not as serious as feared.

JEEVES

Feel bad for him. I actually rate him. Couldn't understand why we loaned out a player who is better than Ream and MLM. Now I think I understand. I knew he was injury prone but at this point I'm thinking our medical staff probably assessed the fact that he's a tackle away from injury every time he steps on the pitch and for that reason he will probably never be a worthy asset unfortunately. Hope he recovers soon though obviously.

Andy S

Good luck to him it cannot be the best place to be unfit on the treatment table. If he cannot make it I hope we look after him. It's not his fault that he has dodgy knees

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: Andy S on October 21, 2020, 01:21:06 AM
Good luck to him it cannot be the best place to be unfit on the treatment table. If he cannot make it I hope we look after him. It's not his fault that he has dodgy knees

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on October 21, 2020, 06:00:51 AM
Quote from: Andy S on October 21, 2020, 01:21:06 AM
[
Its also not the clubs fault .if he retires he gets a pay out from the insurance .A mate of mine played professional football in england and had to retire due to knee issues he took a payout from the insurance company but if he went back to fulltime football he had to pay it all back .

rebel

Quote from: Big T on October 20, 2020, 09:36:55 PM
Boys crocked
Poor fella
How much did we pay for him, Swansea conned us

Swansea didn't 'con' us, that is the risk you take when buying an injured player. We knew he was injured when we bought him.

Bronaldinho

Got to be the 3rd Knee injury in 12 months?

That's so sad for a boy that was on the fringe of the England side when he joined.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retired.

But that has to be deflating, he's started so well at Bristol and even captained them.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

sunburywhite

His knees are worse than mine
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Jim©

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 20, 2020, 09:36:07 PM
Sadly some players are just injury prone.

Prior to joining us, he really wasn't.
4 seasons of entirely uninterrupted football- 188 games without missing one for an injury.

toshes mate

Wouldn't wish to comment upon Mawson's circumstances at the time FFC began negotiations with Swansea since the most vital details would have been between his medics and him, and, even then, learned opinion but not fact. 

I just hope this latest injury is not as serious as it seemed last night.   A lot of players have dodgy knees but are fortunately able to play out their careers, and I hope that will include Mawson in the fullness of time.  Wish him well.   

bog

Bill2

Quote from: bog on October 21, 2020, 11:45:27 AM
Quote from: SP on October 20, 2020, 10:09:54 PM
Gutted for him, I hope it's not as serious as feared.

+1
Me too, good luck and a quick return