watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Unbalanced Squad

Started by JimmyConway, October 21, 2020, 12:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

In my opinion even allowing for injuries which we have currently or when fully fit.

Eleven defenders! I know it's our achilles heel but think it's far to cautious and panic ridden. We now find ourselves to the detriment of the team one midfielder light and one centre forward light.

For me nine defenders would of been enough possibly ten at a push. I don't see where MLM fits in? I would of added Ream if all fit. So Onomah is out until new year? why did we not bring Seri back into the squad? I say this as it always looked like Stefan & KMac were not going to be involved in league fixtures and with their age were likely to struggle whereas Seri does have the technical ability for this level and with the right coaching could of been an asset and been more effective than MLM? With not having another striker we also waste another place on the bench in Kamara & Kebano!

MLM - Kebano - Stefan - KMac would of been my choices and with room for another striker. So what do we do now Onomah injured we weaken the midfield!!

Tabby

Andersen is injured and Kongolo is coming back from an injury. MLM was the backup CB ahead of Hector last game, so I could see him getting involved before Seri. Lemina is already back and Reed is coming back.

I assume that one of the CB options are going to be cut for the January window when Onomah comes back.

Radiowhite

If you look at most squads I think they all have similar amounts of defenders

Jim©

Quote from: Tabby on October 21, 2020, 12:38:12 PM
Andersen is injured and Kongolo is coming back from an injury. MLM was the backup CB ahead of Hector last game, so I could see him getting involved before Seri. Lemina is already back and Reed is coming back.

I assume that one of the CB options are going to be cut for the January window when Onomah comes back.

You'd guess so.
Just to add too, that Aina played the last couple of seasons as a wide MF (LM mainly), so his inclusion under defensive players is slightly dubious.

Huxley

It's only for 2 a bit months to cover for injuries. Imagine if Ream and Aderabayo went down with a 2 month injury. You'd have hector and MLM. If then injured in a game you'd be struggling for adequate cover. You can put a boy up front, but not in the backs.

JimmyConway

I understand the injury issues and because they are mainly defenders it's more highlighted from our perspective. But it seems our squad especially the defensive side has been picked on the likelihood we will have five or six defenders out injured every week?  I would of thought Andersen being picked in squad is a sign that his injury might not be as bad as first thought? or he would of more than likely not been named.

I would of thought apart from Rodak the bench consists of 2 defenders - 2 midfielders - 2 in our case wingers?

Tabby

Quote from: Jim© on October 21, 2020, 12:50:14 PM
Quote from: Tabby on October 21, 2020, 12:38:12 PM

You'd guess so.
Just to add too, that Aina played the last couple of seasons as a wide MF (LM mainly), so his inclusion under defensive players is slightly dubious.

He was playing as a wing back, just like Joe Bryan, Robinson and Tete have done when they've been in similar systems. Parker has been mentioning that he is good as a fullback or as a centre back in a back three in interviews. Look at how he has been playing so far, he is hardly a winger is he? By far the least adventurous out of our current fullbacks.