https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your FOF 11 v Crystal Palace

Started by Friendsoffulham, October 21, 2020, 06:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 21, 2020, 09:07:08 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 21, 2020, 09:03:57 PM
I'd keep Cav in to track back and double up with Aina against Zaha. Keep the rest the same but may need to bring on Lemina for Cairney later on.

Have we seen in the past that AK doesn't do this when he's on the wing?   If so, I agree...keep Cav.   But I don't think AK is unwilling to track back and double up with Aina.   Plus he's stronger and faster.
ak does track back, all the time, and is a far better attacking threat.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

My assumption, probably for the remainder of the season...is that our scoring options are going to come mostly from our left side, or our midfield.    I think Aina, Cav and AK47 can all offer something from the RW spot...DEFENSIVELY.   

Were any of Cav's goals last season from when he was driving in from the right side?   I know he can occassionally pull out a wonder goal with his right foot....driving in from the left side.   Can he do that with his left foot driving in from the right?    If not, that imo is one less reason to start him over AK47...

...again, unless Cav works harder defensively.

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 21, 2020, 09:14:55 PM
My assumption, probably for the remainder of the season...is that our scoring options are going to come mostly from our left side, or our midfield.    I think Aina, Cav and AK47 can all offer something from the RW spot...DEFENSIVELY.   

Were any of Cav's goals last season from when he was driving in from the right side?   I know he can occassionally pull out a wonder goal with his right foot....driving in from the left side.   Can he do that with his left foot driving in from the right?    If not, that imo is one less reason to start him over AK47...

if cav is being picked for defensive duties, then we should have just kept knockeart. his tracking back was his best attribute imo, and he is better on the ball than cav. they both suck when it comes to actually kicking the ball to someone or at goal, but surely it would have been better to keep knockeart
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fulhamben on October 21, 2020, 09:18:40 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 21, 2020, 09:14:55 PM

if cav is being picked for defensive duties, then we should have just kept knockeart. his tracking back was his best attribute imo, and he is better on the ball than cav. they both suck when it comes to actually kicking the ball to someone or at goal, but surely it would have been better to keep knockeart

OT:  Agree...but I think there was something else involved with the decision to move Anthony on.  Mainly, I think someone wanted him.   

St Eve

SuffolkWhite

Swap RLC for Lookman and put BDR in for Cav.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

We need continuity, same as last week but Cav. out Bryan, Kebano, Kamara or Reid in.

Milo

Quote from: MayoDomo on October 21, 2020, 09:07:20 PM
I don't like Lookman and Robinson on the same side. Get Bryan in, put Lookman on the right, Cav out.

I think this is on the money.

Lookman overlooked Robinson as many pointed out (and I missed originally) when he made himself available a few times. Bryan won't do that. Only issue is that Zaha is on the LW I believe (?) so would be up against Aina and I would say Lookman won't help him out that much.

For that reason I think Parker will keep Cav on the right initially and have AK in his back pocket come 70 mins if needed. But going forward, agree that Bryan on left and Lookman right has potential. If only because Bryan and Mitro link up well and Mitro looks a little isolated/cut off from his attacking midfielders at this early stage of integration.

Matt10

Consistency is needed, and what better way than to use the same team that got our first point. I am uncertain on Lemina's fitness, but if Parker asks for the defensive 5-4-1 again, then Cav should keep his spot. His final ball needs a lot of work, but honestly re-watching the match, he didn't put that much of a foot wrong - at least not more than anyone else. Final ball is just about confidence now. A shot on target, an assist, a goal - he needs the confidence, and I hope he takes advantage of the opportunity if he gets it.

Areola

Aina    Tosin     Ream     Robinson

Cairney     Anguissa

Cav           RLC        Lookman

Mitro

RaySmith

Cav seems to have lost confidence in his shooting ability, and passing can be wayward too, but i think he does put in a shift, especially in assisting the defence.

I think he has goes for the spectacular less in his game, trying to beat defenders for pace, and going for goal, but become more of a team player.
But think he should shoot on sight  more, and agree that a goal  would help his confidence, and playing a part in a win, would boost his, and the whole team's, confidence.

St Eve

Quote from: Matt10 on October 21, 2020, 10:12:59 PM
Consistency is needed, and what better way than to use the same team that got our first point. I am uncertain on Lemina's fitness, but if Parker asks for the defensive 5-4-1 again, then Cav should keep his spot. His final ball needs a lot of work, but honestly re-watching the match, he didn't put that much of a foot wrong - at least not more than anyone else. Final ball is just about confidence now. A shot on target, an assist, a goal - he needs the confidence, and I hope he takes advantage of the opportunity if he gets it.

Areola

Cairney     Cairney

Mitro
Can one of the Cairney's have a right foot and the other a left foot?

MikeCdawg

love4ffc

Quote from: St Eve on October 22, 2020, 12:13:27 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on October 21, 2020, 10:12:59 PM

Areola

Cairney     Cairney

Mitro
Can one of the Cairney's have a right foot and the other a left foot?
:005:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: MikeCdawg on October 22, 2020, 03:09:35 AM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 21, 2020, 09:52:46 PM
Swap RLC for Lookman and put BDR in for Cav.

I can't make sense of this

Play Lookman centrally RLC and Reid can interchange either side. Lookman runs at defences and more effective centrally imo of course only.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

..FOF..

Very strong reserves.

Hope Parker will make use of them earlier in the game to replace under performing players.

Twig

Quote from: ..FOF.. on October 22, 2020, 09:13:16 AM
Very strong reserves.

Hope Parker will make use of them earlier in the game to replace under performing players.

I hope we don't have any underperforming players lol.

Mullers OG

Same team as Sheffield.

Bench:-

Rodak, MLM, Bryan, Lemina, Reid, Kebano and Jasper.

Jim©

I worry that Robinson and Lookman spend most of their time pushed high leaving space to be exploited in behind.
Whilst Cav may not have had a great game with the ball, he was excellent without it v Sheff Utd.

MrFFC

Cav will start v Palace. Parker likes him but he owes him a performance for sticking by him this week for sure.

Unchanged for me

Lemina pushing for a start no doubt
Come on you Whites!! :)