watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Great video on PL website

Started by love4ffc, October 21, 2020, 08:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Great video and article on the Premier League website giving a shoutout to the American players that have played for Fulham in the Premier League. 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1869973

But in all honesty if they really want to celebrate the graciousness that Fulham have extended to American players then you must look beyond just the first team and the Premier League. 

Long may it continue.

PL stats for Americans at Fulham

Player                    Apps   Goals   Clean sheets
Clint Dempsey        189        50           37
Brian McBride         140        32           16
Carlos Bocanegra    116         8           24
Tim Ream                30         0             5
Eddie Johnson          19         0             1
Kasey Keller             13         0             5
Antonee Robinson      2         0             0
Eddie Lewis               1         0             0
Marcus Hahnemann    0         0             0
Luca de la Torre         0         0             0
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

General

Quote from: love4ffc on October 21, 2020, 08:10:53 PM
Great video and article on the Premier League website giving a shoutout to the American players that have played for Fulham in the Premier League. 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1869973

But in all honesty if they really want to celebrate the graciousness that Fulham have extended to American players then you must look beyond just the first team and the Premier League. 

Long may it continue.

PL stats for Americans at Fulham

Player                    Apps   Goals   Clean sheets
Clint Dempsey        189        50           37
Brian McBride         140        32           16
Carlos Bocanegra    116         8           24
Tim Ream                30         0             5
Eddie Johnson          19         0             1
Kasey Keller             13         0             5
Antonee Robinson      2         0             0
Eddie Lewis               1         0             0
Marcus Hahnemann    0         0             0
Luca de la Torre         0         0             0

Where's Emerson Hyndman? He played for us, regardless of perhaps not playing in the premier league. More deserving of a mention than Luca De La Torre for instance.

Also, whilst it's obviously an important connection to make and one which has significance to the club and country, especially as Fulham were in many ways one of the first teams to really give outfield US players an opportunity, I wonder what it'll count for in the future?

It's obviously helped recruit Robinson, who I think looks a solid signing so far... but there are a lot of U.S players now coming to europe who have a lot of quality who are starting to make their names in europe for big european clubs.. will it count in our favour in recruiting any big ones as time goes on, the stadium improves and hopefully we consolidate our position in the premier league once more.

Here's the up to date list of US players playing outside of the US

https://ussoccerplayers.com/usmnt-players-abroad

Gio Reyna - Borussia Dortmund
Christian Pulisic - (originally borussia too) - Chelsea
Sergio Dest - Barcelona
Weston Mckennie - Juventus

Are just a few to mention and there are a load more in academies - see Damian Las as the only one in our academy, oh and Marlon Fossey to date.

love4ffc

I could be wrong but I think they mention Luca because he made the bench in a PL match.  Guessing that Hyndman never made the bench for a PL match. 

I would need to varify that.  Bottom line, I agree with you General that Hyndman should get more credit. 

shepperton white

And we have another coming thru the ranks - Las, a Goal Keeper

Jim©

Quote from: General on October 22, 2020, 01:09:36 AM

https://ussoccerplayers.com/usmnt-players-abroad

Gio Reyna - Borussia Dortmund
Christian Pulisic - (originally borussia too) - Chelsea
Sergio Dest - Barcelona
Weston Mckennie - Juventus

Are just a few to mention and there are a load more in academies - see Damian Las as the only one in our academy, oh and Marlon Fossey to date.

Actually where I see US mens team improving is, as you say, the amount of youngsters they now have at good european teams (most currently knocking on the door of 1st team squads)-
Konrad De La Fuente- Barcelona
Tyler Adams- RB Leipzig
Chris Richards- Bayern Munich
Alex Mendez- Ajax
Zack Steffen (Man City 2nd GK)

Everyone wondered what the pluses would be by having the World Cup in the USA in 1994, perhaps only now we're really starting to see the payoff for that? 

MickyAdamsFamily

There was a tall fella who played for Fulham, a pretty good central defender who was born in Texas if I remember correctly...
Brede Hangeland is a dual citizen of the US and Norway, who chose to play for the country of his heritage rather than that of his birth.

love4ffc

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on October 22, 2020, 03:32:43 PM
There was a tall fella who played for Fulham, a pretty good central defender who was born in Texas if I remember correctly...
Brede Hangeland is a dual citizen of the US and Norway, who chose to play for the country of his heritage rather than that of his birth.

I was not aware of his dual citizenship.  Can't blame him though for choosing the country he has known he entire life over a place you where born. 

Quote from: shepperton white on October 22, 2020, 01:46:52 PM

Yep, so far looking very promising.  Fingers crossed he continues to develop and get a shot at the first team. 

There is also Marlon Fossey.  Hoping that news of his injury at Shrewsbury isn't serious and that he continues to develop and come back to Fulham better then ever. 

Bocanegra

When Eddie Johnson's 5 second highlight is coming on as a sub...

love4ffc

Quote from: Bocanegra on October 22, 2020, 04:46:37 PM
When Eddie Johnson's 5 second highlight is coming on as a sub...
Exactly  :005:

NJFulham

Quote from: love4ffc on October 22, 2020, 03:37:31 PM
Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on October 22, 2020, 03:32:43 PM

I was not aware of his dual citizenship.  Can't blame him though for choosing the country he has known he entire life over a place you where born. 

Quote from: shepperton white on October 22, 2020, 01:46:52 PM

Yep, so far looking very promising.  Fingers crossed he continues to develop and get a shot at the first team. 

There is also Marlon Fossey.  Hoping that news of his injury at Shrewsbury isn't serious and that he continues to develop and come back to Fulham better then ever.
Brede's father worked in Houston for an oil company around the time Brede was born.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk