watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No way Parker survives this

Started by fulhamben, October 24, 2020, 04:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plodder

The OP has obviously had it in for Parker from day one. Apart from achieving promotion last season - what has he done for us?

Statto

Quote from: Matt10 on October 24, 2020, 06:49:26 PM
I've said it before, but Parker is falling into the same traps that Slav did. Changing tactics every single week. I understand changing them based on the opponent, but if it means changing the base tactics, then it's not worth it. If we applied the exact same tactics used from last week: a 3-4-2-1 in the attack, a 5-4-1 defensively - we could have gotten something out of this game. Aina needed extra help, and having a RWB would've been ideal. Yet, Parker sets up with a 4-3-3 for the first time all year. In a must win game. He sets up with a brand new formation.

Funny, I must have missed the invisible third CB we had on the pitch last week...

rebel

Quote from: WindyCity on October 24, 2020, 06:09:20 PM
Quote from: Luka on October 24, 2020, 05:59:19 PM
Zaha can open up most defences.

Sure he can.  BUT, every time he touched the ball, FFC players looked like they were crapping themselves.  No bravery, no challenge, no marking, no nothing.  Zaha bossed the entire FFC side.  Sad to say, but true.  Palace could have had more than just the two goals.

Agree 100%, both goals were created by 'slide rule' passes, it's because the players just stood off, there were two players that could of challenged.     

Matt10

Quote from: Statto on October 24, 2020, 07:26:19 PM
I've said it before, but Parker is falling into the same traps that Slav did. Changing tactics every single week. I understand changing them based on the opponent, but if it means changing the base tactics, then it's not worth it. If we applied the exact same tactics used from last week: a 3-4-2-1 in the attack, a 5-4-1 defensively - we could have gotten something out of this game. Aina needed extra help, and having a RWB would've been ideal. Yet, Parker sets up with a 4-3-3 for the first time all year. In a must win game. He sets up with a brand new formation.

Funny, I must have missed the invisible third CB we had on the pitch last week...

Oh, Statto.

source: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1485231/Live/England-Premier-League-2020-2021-Sheffield-United-Fulham

Statto

Quote from: Matt10 on October 24, 2020, 07:35:53 PM

Oh, Statto.

source: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1485231/Live/England-Premier-League-2020-2021-Sheffield-United-Fulham

I guess neither you nor the guys at WhoScored actually watched the game then
Robinson and Aina seemed pretty symmetrical to me as were Lookman and Cavaleiro
Sorry but I think it was just a 4-3-3 like every game we've played in the last five years bar a handful

andyk

It's now or never. Either go for an established manager, now, this week or leave Parker in place  for the rest of the season. There is no point giving some old has-beeen a big retirement  cheque, if we are 10 points behind. Might as well keep Parker in place and start again next year.

Mullers OG

Only thing SP has achieved is to get promotion and to win the play offs.

Any reasonable supporter knew that staying up was going to be extremely difficult and that the team needed strengthening both at the back and up front. The defence looks better. Even last season we leaked goals a division below. Up front there has been a woeful failure to strengthen the attack. If Mitro is off form then any team which relies on a 4th tier player like Kamara is bound to be in trouble.

SP has been left with a poor hand. His teams aren't exciting but then any manager with this lot would be in trouble.

hovewhite

Blame starts at the boardroom and runs through the management.

Matt10

Quote from: Statto on October 24, 2020, 07:47:22 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on October 24, 2020, 07:35:53 PM

Oh, Statto.

I guess neither you nor the guys at WhoScored actually watched the game then
Robinson and Aina were symmetrical, as were Lookman and Cavaleiro
It was a 4-3-3 like every game we've played in the last five years bar a handful

I'm not sure if you're serious or just in the mood to argue. This is basically getting stuck in the weeds, and is doing a great job and belittling my post - but whatever makes you feel better, I suppose.

Anyway, 3-4-2-1 attack, 5-4-1 defense.

Actually, Howard here says 3-4-3; splitting a bit - but sure, that's fine as well. What does he know though...

https://streamable.com/nwuj03

bobbo

Take it easy you all , especially on each other. Emotions running high on our dreadful start to the season.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Mr K.Dilkington

pretty good squad for a manager to come in now and keep us up. People neg managers like alladyce and bruce, but if ted bundy or hitler kept us up it wouldn't matter to me.
Foolish ham

Fulham 442

Quote from: andyk on October 24, 2020, 07:51:15 PM
It's now or never. Either go for an established manager, now, this week or leave Parker in place  for the rest of the season. There is no point giving some old has-beeen a big retirement  cheque, if we are 10 points behind. Might as well keep Parker in place and start again next year.

+1

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: fulhamben on October 24, 2020, 04:27:53 PM
Possibly the single biggest mistake in our entire history was jol signing Parker. It has haunted us for years. Terrible player for us, terrible coach for us and a terrible manger for us. Surely everyone with a brain can now see this Jonah  has to go

And this from a man that thinks that AK is so great that he has a photo of him under his name. Also quoted last year that Jordon Henderson was a rubbish player and should never play for England, strange he became Journalist Player of the year for 2019. I think Ben, your view on football players needs to be taken with a pinch of salt!

Nick Bateman

I would keep Parker on as an advisor as he knows the Fulham players and we owe him that respect for all the man has done for the club. "Big" Sam Allardyce would breathe life into our game, might be less 'pretty' but  should get results IMO.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Nick Bateman on October 24, 2020, 11:01:05 PM
I would keep Parker on as an advisor as he knows the Fulham players and we owe him that respect for all the man has done for the club. "Big" Sam Allardyce would breathe life into our game, might be less 'pretty' but  should get results IMO.

I have no doubt.  If the club want results big Sam is the man.  A lot of fans dont like him but he'll do whats required. If Scott loves the club like he says he does he should step aside and assist Sam

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on October 24, 2020, 08:40:15 PM
pretty good squad for a manager to come in now and keep us up. People neg managers like alladyce and bruce, but if ted bundy or hitler kept us up it wouldn't matter to me.

Allardyce is the only real option. If he cant keep us up nobody can

Nero

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on October 24, 2020, 11:18:49 PM

Id try and tempt Dyche from Burnley

Whitestone

Allardyce. The only real option ? Just like Ranieri. Never been relegated. No thanks the world has moved on.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Nero on October 25, 2020, 12:05:27 AM

Id try and tempt Dyche from Burnley
we need brexit fc here stat lol. But in all seriousness he's done an excellent job there and a rift is growing between him and there chairman over transfers so...
Foolish ham

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

2 things
1/. We do have the players at the moment to do OK, plenty of talent on the pitch and available.
if coached properly. 
Cav. Seri, nowhere to be seen, Knock out on loan, BDR a reluctant sub. (All seemnigly good and expensive players!!!

2/. Woy out=foxed us, packed his defense, didn't worry about marking our wingers, just defended the crosses.
His plan sucked us forward. How often was Ream way into their hall.
Then they had the players who could counter attack.
We're doing the wrong thing, instead of Parker ball and drawing their players forward, we should let them come forward,
by taking a risk and lose possession defend properly and give our attacking players more space to attack.

Woy 10   Parker 1
He's a wiley old fox
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES