more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier League chiefs will discuss making a U-turn over the pay-per-view row

Started by Southcoastffc, October 26, 2020, 06:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Let's hope there's substance to this.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-pay-per-view-22908860

Premier League chiefs will discuss making a U-turn over the pay-per-view row after "disastrous" viewing figures.

Sky and BT Sport have faced a huge public backlash after demanding £14.95 from fans to watch extra games with supporters organising widespread boycotts while using the cash to raise money for charity.

It has caused acute embarrassment for Premier League clubs while the broadcasters are fuming because they have been painted as the bad boys when ultimately they feel they are not to blame and were not responsible for setting the price.

Mirror Sport has been told Burnley's clash with West Brom last Monday tea time had the worst viewing figures to date and has been described as "exceptionally low".

That has caused embarrassment and raised question marks about the whole concept.

Premier League shareholders will meet on Tuesday when the 20 clubs will discuss the issue and whether to change it, scrap it or potentially reduce the price
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

sunburywhite

Even if it only took £1 the leechs of the Premier League would still take it

They make Shylock look like he doesnt care about a pound of flesh

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

H4usuallysitting

What they going to do put the price up....for info - the pub's get the viewing's free, so you could pop down the pub to watch