more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can we give the team

Started by H4usuallysitting, October 25, 2020, 08:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 25, 2020, 10:49:27 PM
I think everybody has probably heard enough TK criticism to be honest, we all know that some posters don't like him.

Is Mike Rigg still at Burnley, does anybody know? He was another one that wasn't good enough, apparently.
There is in this comment, hopefully intended, a delicious piece of irony ...

Statto

Quote from: RaySmith on October 26, 2020, 04:45:14 AM
WE are fans, and our role should be to get behind the team and club in its hour of need.

I sympathise with this sentiment but it can't always work like that. If you applied that logic to politics for example, then no matter how much a person disagreed with a particular government's policies and no matter how badly they were affecting people, no one would be able to criticise them because the appropriate thing to do would be to "get behind the country in its hour of need." (BTW that's just a general, politically neutral analogy so I'd ask that no one makes a silly political reply.)

IMO some of those on this thread (not you) saying things like "we've heard enough TK bashing" etc. need to recognise that, whatever your opinion on the balance of his pros and cons, he's still clearly been the most consistent and significant problem at the club in the last five years or so, and our current situation is more attributable to him than to any other single person or factor. So of course fans are going to bang on about it if we're doing badly and that problem continues to be ignored by the club.

Sting of the North

Personally, I can get tired of the repetitive nature of some posts, but if those are posted in appropriate threads they are easy to ignore (or you have to blame yourself for reading those threads).

However, the same criticism doesn't have to be presented in every thread no matter the original topic, as it makes this place almost unvisitable at times. I get that there are often quite a lot of interconnecting variables which means that there is always a risk that threads go off topic, and I am sure guilty of that myself far too often. However, there is no need to hijack every thread with the same negative messages all day long. There is absolutely no risk whatsoever that the fact that many posters hugely dislike the work of TK has escaped anyone that has visited this forum more than once the last few years. It doesn't have to be stated in every thread in my opinion, but I am sure that others disagree (which is also fine on a discussion forum). 

Just my two pennies (which ironically of course has little to do with the OP).

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 26, 2020, 06:25:23 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 26, 2020, 05:27:26 AM
Well said "Ray Smith" and "Woolly Mammoth" in the last two posts, we have a good enough team to get behind them in their attempt to stay up. The bottom four are all pretty terrible and one of them will stay up, why not FFC. If we beat WBA twice this season, we probably only need another seven victories out of thirty games, which is not impossible.

Yes I agree with what Woolly and Ray have said also.
I don't know if it's because there aren't any fans in the ground,but it's a strange league already,Everton lost yesterday,so after only 6 games nobody is undefeated.
The likes of Manure and City are languishing in bottom half,theirs and other grounds are not the fortresses without the huge backings,and players down with covid and so on,I believe we're going to get a lot of strange results.
There is no reason why we can't get the points to stay up,and a win over WBA would be a start and a great confidence booster...Coyw.🤗

Yes - I agree also. We are only 1 point from safety (albeit two teams above have 1-2 games in hand), and I think we have stronger squads than the three teams above us.  The players do need time to gel and whilst I don't think Parker is the best manager in the world (!), making a change so early will be counter productive just as it was in our last two seasons in this division.

We just need to make sure that we are on the right end of some of these strange results! But there are other beatable teams above us, such as Brighton, Newcastle and West Ham (altough we never seem to beat the latter!)