https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our season starts next week

Started by St Eve, October 26, 2020, 09:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on October 29, 2020, 05:30:39 PM
Quote from: Arthur on October 27, 2020, 03:15:05 AM
I don't see Parker being sacked even were we to lose. Stay up or go down, I think he's here for the season.

I agree with this, unless there is major break down in squad morale. Norwich still hasn't fired their manager.
Quote from: Riversider on October 29, 2020, 03:23:04 PM
Our season will start when we are able to field our strongest side
I'm yet to see one single person on here , or one single person in the media acknowledge one simple fact and that is this, we are currently playing without 3 of our first choice defenders missing !! I don't care who you are any team would miss three first choice defenders from their side, look at the fuss being made about Liverpool having one defender out,
When Tete, Andersen and Kongolo are available it's going to give us so many more options,
Hopefully we get to see Tosin, Kongolo and Andersen form a back three which in turn should enable someone to play alongside Mitro,
This season is far from over.

Being saying this for a while now,  Tosin, Andersen, Kongolo could be a fantastic base to build a decent 11.  We need time.   We don't have time...   Parker needs to manage this gap big time to give us a chance.

WindyCity

Quote from: Riversider on October 29, 2020, 03:23:04 PM
Our season will start when we are able to field our strongest side
I'm yet to see one single person on here , or one single person in the media acknowledge one simple fact and that is this, we are currently playing without 3 of our first choice defenders missing !! I don't care who you are any team would miss three first choice defenders from their side, look at the fuss being made about Liverpool having one defender out,
When Tete, Andersen and Kongolo are available it's going to give us so many more options,
Hopefully we get to see Tosin, Kongolo and Andersen form a back three which in turn should enable someone to play alongside Mitro,
This season is far from over.

All well and good, and agreed.  That said, all clubs have injuries.  FFC running out of time before we're buried beyond hope.  Sure, a lot of squawking about Liverpools' loss of key defender.  BUT, they continue to win regardless, top of table at present.  FFC needs to gain some points against teams in which they should be able to compete.  (Palace loss just not acceptable, SHU draw disappointing, Wolves loss could have been a point with an AK score, etc)  SP has to find ways to secure points while our injuries are on the mend.  Injuries are part of the game, and we need to put at least a couple of teams behind us while we wait for return of key players.

ffcne

Quote from: St Eve on October 26, 2020, 09:57:07 PM
Burnley lose to Chelsea, Sheff lose to City, Brighton lose to Spurs and of course we beat West Brom. What can possibly go wrong?

Nothing so far !!

St Eve

Wingnut

Brighton are playing well against Spurs. They've got problems in the final third, but they've had the better of things in the middle of the park since Spurs took the lead. Interesting half of football ahead. Lamptey looks like a fantastic find for them.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

St Eve

FFC1987

I think it'll be a draw tomorrow sadly.....

Wingnut

Over to us. Spurs won 2-1, so the other results have gone our way. Brighton deserved something from that game.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

St Eve

WindyCity

St Eve

5 for 5. Well that's a first for me

ffcne

Quote from: St Eve on November 02, 2020, 07:42:28 PM
5 for 5. Well that's a first for me

Yes spot on.
Great feeling .
A win ,clean sheet and out of bottom 3.
Lets give to those Hammers now.
Confidence should be high.

SP

And our goal difference looks a little more respectable now.

The Rock

Eve - please tell us you put a fiver on the 5 way parlay. Easy money.

AnOldBrownie

Burnley lose to Chelsea, Sheff lose to City, Brighton lose to Spurs and of course we beat West Brom. What can possibly go wrong?

Wow.  Good call.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 02, 2020, 07:55:30 PM

+1

Wow.  Good call.

St Eve

Quote from: The Rock on November 02, 2020, 07:55:26 PM
Eve - please tell us you put a fiver on the 5 way parlay. Easy money.
I wish, but so happy with the results

Baszab

Surely with the 4 rubbish teams at the bottom - could be a record low no of points to stay up - 30 be enough ?

Pieter A’dam

St Eve: can you make another prediction for this week please ?