watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could Covid save us !

Started by Riversider, October 28, 2020, 09:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

A few people on this thread making some huge assumptions,  once players start resting positive,  as they will , what then ?
Look at Millwall last night, had to travel to Preston minus their manager and entire coaching staff because of Covid,
When the first wave struck us I didn't know anybody that had it, but with the second wave my wife, my daughter,  my best friend, and God knows how many work colleagues are currently Covid positive, this time it's different,
I refuse to believe that the Premier League haven't drawn up a contingency plan in the event of a worst case scenario,
The question is, how many completed games constitutes a full season, maybe they will ask Duckworth and Lewis to get involved.

Bocanegra

We are notoriously bad after any sort of break. So if there is a pause in the season we would somehow be worse than we currently are.

Statto

Quote from: Riversider on October 29, 2020, 11:34:39 AM
I refuse to believe that the Premier League haven't drawn up a contingency plan in the event of a worst case scenario,

I'm sure they will but it won't involve writing off the season. In a "worst case scenario" perhaps a few matches get abandoned and rearranged for a later date. A bit like when it rains very heavily.

Whitesideup

Quote from: RaySmith on October 28, 2020, 11:00:34 PM
Why would football be cancelled - it all seems to be working at the moment, with no spectators.

There were meant to be spectators trialled this month, including at Fulham, so  that won't happen at the moment, but playing games seems to be a success - it doesn't spread the virus, with the players  tested all the time, and   it keeps the population  happier  and morale up, at a time  when  people are  becoming  fed up with obeying the  lockdown rules.

Very relevant point about people getting fed up. A lot of people are not going to go along with lockdown for ever and a day, unless perhaps death rates goes up to a much higher level than current one. I already see widespread ignoring of the rules. Football helps .. it gives us something to watch at home. Taking it away could be counter-productive as the environment (ie the environment of football) is strictly controlled, and if participants are affected, they are identified quickly, and it is unlikely they will be badly affected. And other workers endure possibly higher levels of risk  e.g. supermarket workers, and often individually far more vulnerable, they don't enjoy the same level of remuneration for taking the risk.

toshes mate

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 29, 2020, 09:33:17 PM
... supermarket workers, and often individually far more vulnerable, they don't enjoy the same level of remuneration for taking the risk.
It's interesting that research suggests that some highly exposed work forces are proving to be resilient to the virus for reasons not completely understood (see many research papers on immunity which for the present remain theoretical rather than proven).

toshes mate

If you are seriously concerned about SARS-CoV-2, media and government misinformation, lockdowns, your health and that of your family, immunity issues, vaccine development, or any other facets of influenza and respiratory disease seasonal impacts, I would urge you to watch this conversation between Dr Mike Yeadon, a respected respiratory disease expert, and Anna Brees, a former BBC journalist who now runs her own media business.  The video is forty two minutes long and is worth watching in full.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y51GICqL9E