watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR. RIP Bobby Ball

Started by Andy S, October 29, 2020, 10:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Not the best comedian but they're dropping like flies with COVID - 19 good health to everyone I'm not sure the government know how to help us so we have to help ourselves. Stay safe everyone

RaySmith

Cannon and Ball were a comedy institution for years, always on  TV,  a more wacky Morecambe and Wise maybe

RIP

Atherton

To me....to you!! I think you're confusing Cannon and Ball with The Chuckle Brothers

Statto

If he's reading this thread from his new place upstairs then all I can say is thank goodness he had a good sense of humour. First post begins "Not the best comedian but...", second post confuses him with Barry Chuckle... 
064.gif

rebel

Quote from: Andy S on October 29, 2020, 10:15:23 AM
Not the best comedian but they're dropping like flies with COVID - 19 good health to everyone I'm not sure the government know how to help us so we have to help ourselves. Stay safe everyone

The thing is they made it, had their own show for quite a long time. People liked them, there isn't much more to be said. Very sad.   

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Better as Lee Mack's father in Not Going Out

ALG01

I ploved cannon and Ball. Saw them live in Wimbledon and they were genuinely hysterical.
They performed one routine that was so funny I thought I was going to die because I couldn't breath.

Some of their material could be hit and miss on TV but live and spontaneous they were right up their. Bobby was a master at milking it and I for one was very sad to hear this teerible news.

RIP

PS so many greats have gone this year in entertainment. All very sad.

Andy S

It depends on your sense of humour whether you liked cannon and Ball or not. Their act never really changed.it was funny the first time but that was it. It was a regular hit at the panto and the seaside and they were never offensive. But how many times do you need to hear "you eate me Tommy you really eate me"  or a snap of the braces and shout of "Rock on Tommy"

ALG01

Quote from: Andy S on October 29, 2020, 04:24:17 PM
It depends on your sense of humour whether you liked cannon and Ball or not. Their act never really changed.it was funny the first time but that was it. It was a regular hit at the panto and the seaside and they were never offensive. But how many times do you need to hear "you eate me Tommy you really eate me"  or a snap of the braces and shout of "Rock on Tommy"

that is true of any catch phrase. it will always bring the house down for fans....  i did realise cannon and ball were not for everybody and in fact were caricature of an act i should not like but there was something about them that appealed.

jarv

Not to my liking but for all we old boys on here, sad. Another one gone. Every week it is somebody else from our generation. I sound like my old mum now when it was her generation dropping.