watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 30/10/20...

Started by WhiteJC, October 29, 2020, 01:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Tony Mowbray's influence in helping Tosin Adarabioyo to carve a career after Manchester City

Tosin Adarabioyo spent the 2019/20 campaign on loan at Blackburn Rovers

It was the question on nearly all Blackburn Rovers fans lips in the aftermath of the previous season: what does the future hold for Tosin Adarabioyo?

The towering central defender was a notable success at Ewood Park, chalking up 33 appearances across the Championship campaign as he formulated an impressive partnership with Darragh Lenihan at the heart of Rovers' defence.

Consistency in selection and positioning were key factors in helping Adarabioyo to flourish having endured a complex loan spell at West Brom the year before, and Rovers provided the 22-year-old with the platform to express his ball-playing capabilities while helping him to nurture his physical attributes into defensive assets.

In fact, when Rovers came calling in the latter stages of the 2019 summer transfer window, it was not the first time Adarabioyo had the option of joining the club. He trained with Rovers as child and once he reached the age of nine, had a decision to make - Brockhall or his boyhood club Manchester City.

Adarabioyo was persuaded to join City and the rest, as you say, was history. He progressed through the academy ranks and his commanding features made him one to watch.

His loan spell at Rovers came at an opportune time, hoping to impress Pep Guardiola with a influential role in a Championship side looking to contend in the top half of the table. It was understood that Adarabioyo had hoped to earn a recall in January given Manchester City's centre-back plight, a growing list of injuries which had seen the likes of Aymeric Laporte forced out for a season.

A return was ruled out, and Adarabioyo remained at Rovers for the remainder of the season. If he ever needed a clearer indication of where his future lay, the defender decided it was time to leave City in order to progress in his career. A new contract was reportedly offered in January, but Adarabioyo opted against extending his current deal.

Speaking to The Athletic, Mowbray told of how Fulham boss Scott Parker had already approached him about Adarabioyo and that the defender was made aware of their interest in the closing stages of the campaign. Mowbray had discussed the deal with the defender and his future prospects, even reiterating that he always had a place in his side at Ewood. But Adarabioyo had no intention of going out on loan once more or returning to the Championship, no matter how enticing the Rovers project was or the relationships he had built up at the club. Everton and West Ham were touted, but it was the blueprint that had been set out by Parker and his plan for Adarabioyo that won the young central defender over.

"All we had to do was work throughout the year trying to make him realise the defensive side was the most important side of his game," Mowbray told The Athletic. "It often felt as if he'd want to hit a brilliant pass through the lines and that was what his job was about. But I think over the season he grew, and he understood that he was a centre-half in a team that was trying to keep clean sheets and win games. He grew into heading the ball out the box and dealing with the first ball down the middle — the essential side of being a defender, as opposed to the aesthetic side.

"He knew that when he goes to a club that isn't as dominant as Man City, that he has to use other qualities. He has to use his speed, his physicality and his strength, and that's all part of his learning process and his growing process. I think he's clever enough and bright enough to understand that.

"I had a conversation with him at the end of the season, and I think he enjoyed those aspects that we tried to put into him. He had to be a defender first and not just aesthetically great with the ball, passing through lines.

"I do feel that he has the attributes to deal with the Premier League,"he added. "The physicality, the speed, dealing with the technical players.

"He's a good signing for Fulham, particularly the way they're trying to play."

Two starts in the Premier League and Adarabioyo looks to have adapted rather well to life in the top flight. He has the tools to be a success at Fulham and for that, he owes a great deal of gratitude to Mowbray and Rovers for supporting his development and helping him to follow the right career path.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-adarabioyo-fulham-mowbray-19184553

WhiteJC

Jordan Archer signs for Motherwell as Steelmen get Trevor Carson cover

Motherwell have snapped up goalkeeper Jordan Archer following his exit from Fulham in the summer.

The one-cap Scotland international has joined Stephen Robinson's side on a short-term deal until January. This is to help cover the loss of first-choice keeper Trevor Carson, who has been ruled out until 2021 with a knee injury.

Archer was last at Fulham, where he played as back-up before leaving Craven Cottage in the summer. Having not found a club following this spell, Well boss Robinson has moved to bring him to Fir Park.

After starting his career at Tottenham, Archer has enjoyed an impressive career in the EFL. He is strongly associated with Millwall, who he made 166 appearances for during his time at the Den.

He left Millwall at the end of the 2018/19 season, joining Oxford United on a short-term deal before securing a move to Fulham as they won promotion back to the Premier League. The 26-year-old had also been on trial at Bournemouth last month, playing in a friendly against West Ham.

Now Archer will compete with Aaron Chapman to become the Well's number one with Carson on the sidelines.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/jordan-archer-signs-for-motherwell-as-steelmen-get-trevor-carson-cover/

WhiteJC

Fulham's Andersen already back in training

Joachim Andersen trained on Thursday for the first time since he suffered ankle ligament damage just days after he joined Fulham.

The new centre-back was feared to be sidelined for much longer but has "progressed well", according to head coach Scott Parker.

The most expensive Danish player ever when signed by Lyon at the start of last season hasn't got out of the starting blocks, and his boss is unlikely to pitch him into the proverbial six-pointer against West Brom on Monday.

But chances are Andersen will throw his hat into the ring Saturday week away to West Ham.

Parker said: "He trained today albeit in a modified training session, and we'll see where we are with him come Monday.

"Initially we were worried about him after the scan, but things have progressed well."

Neeskens Kebano will miss the Albion game, as will Kenny Tete, who is still recovering from a torn calf, while new defender Terence Kongolo is "still getting up to speed" after his £3m transfer from Huddersfield on transfer deadline day.

Parker pulled no punches about the importance of beating the Baggies and securing a first Premier League win.

Both sides are among the favourites for an instant return to the Championship, with Fulham bottom and Albion just two points clear of the drop zone.

"I don't want to hide the fact this is a big, big game", he said.

"They're all big games, but this is massive for both of us."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/four-fulham-players-out-of-west-brom-game-but-andersen-hands-whites-a-massive-boost

WhiteJC

Pre-West Brom Press Conference

There's not a fixture that Scott Parker will view as a small game this season, but he did admit that Monday's clash could take on extra significance.

Following promotion from the Championship by both sides last season, Fulham and West Bromwich Albion are now two of four clubs searching for a first Premier League win.

A victory for Parker's men on Monday would see us leapfrog the Baggies in the table.

"We are only six games in, but in saying that, it's a big, big game for us," he said in Thursday's pre-match press conference.

"We sit on one point, West Brom sit on three, and there are other teams who are in and around it down there, so of course this is a huge game for us.

"But I don't think we'll lose sight that after that we've got West Ham, Everton, Leicester, Man City – they're all going to be big.

"I think Slaven [Bilic] will be the same this year in terms of where he sees his team, it's probably where we are, so this is a real big game for both teams because you want to try and take some points off each other.

"Every game is massive for us, but this one has got a little bit extra."

There was nothing to separate the sides last season, with an early 1-1 draw at the Cottage followed up by a goalless encounter at the Hawthorns just three months ago.

Parker, though, believes Albion are a stronger outfit now than they were then: "West Brom have spent a bit of money, they've brought in a couple of front half players, one who was there last year, and I think we've all seen his quality – a fantastic player in [Grady] Diangana.

"The boy [Karlan] Grant has added some experience as well, so they're definitely an improved team.

"I think it's got the makings of a very good game, I sense it will be a very tight - and a very good - one."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/october/Pre-West-Brom-Press-Conference/

WhiteJC

Premier League fans raise hundreds of thousands of pounds for food banks in pay-per-view boycott – here's what every club is doing

Moving some Premier League games onto pay-per-view for £14.95 has proved unpopular, and many fans are using the opportunity to fundraise for charity instead

There have been few football reforms more universally unpopular than the introduction of pay-per-view broadcast Premier League games this season. Even VAR has its supporters.

But many Premier League fans left unhappy by the £14.95 charge placed on half of the fixtures played over the past month haven't simply opposed the scheme on social media – they've used it to organise and raise funds for charity.

People up and down the country have been hit by job losses and insecurity during coronavirus, and supporters have shown that it's not Marcus Rashford who has been doing brilliant work off the pitch. With food banks the main beneficiary, fans have raised over £300,000 in the last few weeks, using hashtags #BoycottPPV and #CharityNotPPV to share donation links and stories.

Money from the pay-per-view games goes to the clubs involved, rather than the broadcasters, and 19 Premier League clubs voted in favour of its introduction – with Leicester City being the exception. However, the blowback has led to speculation that the costs could soon be lowered, or see the idea scrapped altogether, with Sky Sports and BT Sport – which host the broadcasts – reportedly concerned about the reputational damage of their involvement.

The scheme will carry on until at least the weekend of November 6-8, after which there will be an international break. There is not yet confirmation of how the model will work after that.

Here, we've rounded up some of the good work being done by supporters instead of paying to watch their team play – and links if you want to donate too:

Arsenal

The Gunners played Leicester in a Sunday night game, with Arsenal Supporters' Trust calling for donations instead to Islington Cares, a local charity working to address inequality and poverty in Islington.

Fans have also been raising money for Islington Food Bank.

Aston Villa

Aston Villa have already had a couple of games on pay-per-view – against Leeds and Leicester – and face Southampton on Sky Sports Box Office again this weekend. Supporters who wanted to watch them all would have had to cough up almost £45.

Comments left on the Aston and Nechells Food Bank donation page indicate just how many fans have put in money to charity rather than watch those games: "A more worthy use of PPV money", "Gifting my PPV so it can be better used. UTV", "#CharityNotPPV Had no intention of purchasing any of the PPV matches on principle but this is an excellent idea. #AVFC #VTID"... The list goes on.

Brighton

Brighton faced West Brom on pay-per-view last week, with Seagulls fans instead giving money to Brighton Food Bank.

Burnley

Burnley were one of the first games to be shown as pay-per-view, with their match against West Brom given a graveyard Monday, 5.30pm slot.

But Clarets quickly raised hundreds of pounds for the club's charity programme, which works with food banks in east Lancashire. The donation page makes clear why many donations were being made: many contributions were left with comments that simply read "PPV".

Chelsea

Crystal Palace

Everton and Liverpool

Everton and Liverpool fans have already joined forces through the Fans Supporting Foodbanks initiative long before pay-per-view games reared its head. Not only have they been raising money for the games Merseyside clubs have on box office channels, but they have also been using their account to promote work being done by fans of other sides too.

Astonishingly, they alone have raised over £100,000 from the boycott alone.

Fulham

Cottagers have been donating to the local food bank, while fan podcast Fulhamish have put together a handy thread of various charitable fundraisers supporters have been carrying out

Leeds

Leeds United Supporters Trust organised their own food bank donation page – and have raised an incredible £90,000.

Leicester

Leicester fans have been organising around a number of charities, including food banks, cancer charities, and those that support children with disabilities.

Manchester City and Manchester United

Marcus Rashford isn't the only one doing Manchester proud. Mancunians have teamed up across the divide to collegiately raise money for food banks in Greater Manchester – raising over £27,000 at the time of writing.

Newcastle
Advertisement

Newcastle's game with Manchester United was the first game to be shown as pay-per-view, and fans were quick to come up with a fundraising idea attached to the £14.95 boycott.

The NUFC Food Bank Twitter account has also been promoting similar campaigns at other clubs, as well Marcus Rashford's own campaign to provide food for children who need it – despite his 96th-minute goal at St James's. Well in, Magpies.

Sheffield United

Blades fans have been raising money for a Sheffield hospice and, with their first box office game coming against Liverpool, have also been supporting the Merseyside-based Fans Supporting Foodbanks campaign.

Southampton

Southampton fans have been sending their money to two places: the club's own Saints Foundation Community Support charity, and Southampton City Mission, which supports local food banks.

Tottenham

Baggies fans have set up a WBA-specific fundraiser for Smethwick Food Bank.

West Ham

Hammers are supporting Newham food banks and organising fans for volunteering through Irons Supporting Foodbanks.

Wolves

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/premier-league-fans-pay-per-view-boycott-charity-food-bank-fundraising

WhiteJC

Scott Parker: 'We must be brave in Premier League'

Scott Parker believes Fulham "need to be brave" but insisted his side have a "clear identity" as they prepare to take on fellow newly-promoted side West Brom on Monday.

The Cottagers suffered a fifth defeat from their opening six Premier League games in a 2-1 loss at home to Crystal Palace on Saturday, despite having 64 percent of the possession.

Fulham remain rooted to the foot of the Premier League table with a single point, but they are level on points with Sheffield United and Burnley, and just a point behind 17th-placed West Brom.

Parker is aware his side need to eliminate mistakes and called on his players to show bravery.

"I say concerns it's just more an understanding of where we are really," Parker said.

"At this present moment in time you see the errors at times and you see the mistakes and how ruthless this league is and that's obviously an ongoing from my behalf and the team that you need to be brave in these situations.

"What I mean by brave is you need to see certain negatives and certain efficiencies in the game where you need to improve and you need to stand up and realise that and put your hand up on the Tuesday, Monday and come in and work it and keep trying to improve that.

"(In terms of) the positives, I see a clear identity about my team, I think the first six games, there's been a lot of bright things, there's been a lot of good things, a lot of things that I've been really impressed with."

Fulham's only point this season came at Sheffield United, the one game where they have taken the lead, and were denied victory thanks to a late Billy Sharp penalty, but Parker insisted striking first was something his side were working on.

"It's something we're aware of, we were aware of that last year as well and it's something we're very conscious of," the 40-year-old said.

"Scoring first is key and in this division even more so and for a team like us scoring first and giving us something to hang on to, certainly in terms of more of a mentality side of it, something to hold on to is key and I think we all realise that scoring the first goal in this division is massive.

"History tells us that with this team and it is something we're working on, psychologically but certainly we're in the top league now.

"Last year, scoring first and then being able to maybe scoring two free goals to still win a game was a lot easier than it is this year and we understand that and we need to be a bit solid."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/news/scott-parker-we-must-be-brave-in-premier-league_420253.html

WhiteJC

Fulham Legend Warns Cottagers Of West Ham Threat

Fulham legend Tony Gale has warned the Cottagers of the threat posed by David Moyes' West Ham United side ahead of their match next week.

Scott Parker's men and the Irons will lock horns at the London Stadium in the Premier League next week following their games against West Brom and Liverpool, respectively.

Former Fulham and West Ham star Gale is rooting for the Cottagers to earn the three points in the game as they currently sit bottom of the table with no wins to their name.

However, Gale has warned the Fulham of the threat posed by West Ham, especially forward Michail Antonio and midfielder Tomas Soucek, who he termed a goal threat from set-pieces.

Gale pointed out how West Ham have earned some positive results and added resilience to their game before explaining that Parker's central defenders will be tested.

"Obviously Fulham and West Ham are two clubs that I hold very close to my heart, but I always say that when they play each other I'll support the team that needs the points the most, so that will be Fulham next Saturday!", Gale wrote in his column on Fulham's official site.

"West Ham have had some good results lately so they're off and running. That will be a difficult game.

"Michail Antonio, in particular, is in good form, although I think he's got a little bit of an injury so I'm not sure if he's fit for the games coming up.

"That will be a game for our centre-backs, as you won't necessarily get hurt in the wide areas against West Ham, as they try and hit you down the middle.

"Tomas Soucek has been a great signing in the middle of the park, one of those players who can come up with a goal at set-pieces, or get in the box late.

"They've added a bit of resilience to their game.

"West Ham fans won't like that they sit back and hit teams on the break and give up most of the possession, but it's a style that David Moyes has implemented to suit the players that he's got."

While the two London clubs clash next weekend, they play West Brom and Liverpool this weekend and will be hopeful of adding points to their tally.

https://insidefutbol.com/2020/10/29/fulham-legend-warns-cottagers-of-west-ham-threat/479638/

WhiteJC

Confirmed: West Brom receive injury boost ahead of Fulham clash

West Brom defender Dara O'Shea has returned to training ahead of the Premier League clash against Fulham on Monday.

The Irish international missed the 1-1 draw with Brighton on Monday evening after suffering a knock in training beforehand.

Slaven Bilic claimed that at first, it looked like O'Shea would be out for a prolonged period of time with a serious knock, but that didn't turn out to be the case.

Bilic confirmed that O'Shea has returned to action for the Baggies this week in his pre-match press conference on Thursday.

"Dara is good," he said. "He's back in training.

"As I said in the beginning, it looked more like an injury that was going to take him longer and he'd be on the sidelines.

"Thankfully it isn't. He's back and is training 100%."

Competition strong
With Bilic changing system to a four-at-the-back, it has seen Darnell Furlong cement his position at right-back in O'Shea's absence.

The Irish youngster can play both at full-back and in the heart of the defence, meaning he can be the Baggies' utility man when they look to rotate.

Furlong hasn't done much wrong this season though and should keep his spot for the game against Fulham on Monday.

The 24-year-old is averaging nearly seven interceptions per game according to WyScout, more than O'Shea, with his pace a real weapon defensively.

O'Shea is back in contention this week, but it should only be a place on the bench that he should be expecting from Bilic.

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2020/10/29/confirmed-west-brom-receive-injury-boost-ahead-of-fulham-clash/

WhiteJC

Kamil Grosicki preparing for Fulham clash as West Brom winger seeks Slaven Bilic chance

Grosicki has only played an hour of domestic football this season, that coming against Harrogate Town in the EFL Cup back in September, though he has remained a regular with his native Poland

It's like Kamil Grosicki has never been away (in truth, he hasn't).

The West Brom winger learned on Thursday that he's going nowhere; his move to Nottingham Forest has officially fallen through after it was ruled at an arbitration hearing this week that the paperwork had been submitted after the recent transfer deadline - even if only by a matter of seconds.

Albion kept a space open for Grosicki in their 25-man squad which was submitted to the Premier League following the closure of the transfer window, and he'll now be re-integrated back into Slaven Bilic's plans - until the January transfer window at the very least.

Bilic, at his Thursday press conference, welcomed Grosicki back into the fold and has challenged him to force his way back into the Albion squad, which means plenty of hard work in the week.

He's already preparing himself for that test - in a short video shared by teammate Filip Krovinovic.

The Croatian, via his Instagram account, posted a clip of Grosicki in the gym working on his core training with a powerbag ahead of Monday's trip to Fulham.

Grosicki himself also posted a selfie of himself at the training ground and the caption: "Ready for football."

Grosicki has only played an hour of domestic football this season, that coming against Harrogate Town in the EFL Cup back in September, though he has remained a regular with his native Poland and bagged a hat-trick against Finland in the last international break.

Forest, meanwhile, have left enraged by the EFL following the collapsing of the move, because of the ruling having heard both cases.

Indeed new boss Chris Hughton had spoken on more than one occasion of how he'd hoped that the matter would be resolved as he'd wanted to add Grosicki into his own inherited group.

"We would like to thank the arbitrator for considering our case at such short notice and delivering his decision with the requested speed. We were always realistic about the limited prospects of overturning the exercise of a discretion by the EFL board," Forest said, via an official club statement.

"We challenged the decision of the EFL board because we believed that we owed an obligation to the player and our fans to challenge the refusal to permit the registration on the basis of an alleged 20 second delay in submitting one document when every other action taken by the club was in time.

"It is implicit in the arbitrator's decision that the board could have exercised its discretion lawfully in the circumstances and to have permitted the transfer.

"We believe it is a matter of significant regret that the board exercised its discretion against us and the player when it could have done the opposite. In particular we do not believe the board's decision was the product of the type of governance needed to enable the EFL to flourish and to provide the fans with a vibrant competition.

"Judging by the numerous expressions of private support that we have received from other Championship rivals we believe we are not alone in holding this view."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kamil-grosicki-preparing-fulham-clash-19189579

WhiteJC

West Brom, Aston Villa and Fulham fans face forking out £14.95 for fourth successive week to watch their teams after Premier League confirm latest round of Pay Per View fixtures

Premier League confirm latest selection of box office games in November
    Five PPV fixtures, costing £14.95 each, will be broadcast over the weekend
    Top flight clubs set to review the format at the next meeting on November 5

West Brom, Aston Villa and Fulham will feature in a fourth successive Pay Per View fixture after the Premier League confirmed the latest selection of box office games in November.

Five PPV fixtures, costing £14.95 each, will be broadcast over the weekend, beginning with Brighton hosting Burnley at 5.30pm on Friday, November 6.

Two PPV games will take place the following day, with Crystal Palace hosting Leeds at 3pm, and West Ham taking on Fulham at 8pm.

Premier League's pay-per-view experiment averaged fewer than 40,000 viewers per match

Both North London sides will then have PPV games on Sunday, November 8, with Tottenham facing West Brom at 12.00pm, and Arsenal tackling Aston Villa at 7.15pm,

A Premier League spokesman said: 'In addition to the live broadcast selections already confirmed, the remaining five games played over that weekend will be made available to supporters on a pay-per-view basis, shown via BT Sport Box Office and Sky Sports Box Office platforms.

'In consultation with clubs, all elements of the pay-per-view service, including the price, will be reviewed ahead of Premier League matches returning after the international break later next month.' 

West Brom, Fulham and Aston Villa have featured in every round of PPV fixtures so far

Sportsmail revealed the Premier League's pay-per-view experiment averaged fewer than 40,000 viewers per match over the first two rounds of matches.

Figures given to the clubs at a shareholders meeting for the first nine pay-per-view games – not including Brighton's 1-1 draw with West Brom on Sunday – show the average number of purchases was 39,000, fractionally ahead of the Premier League's target.

Top flight clubs agreed at a shareholder's meeting to keep the controversial scheme for the next two rounds of matches with officials set to review the format at the next meeting on November 5.

PPV MATCHES PLAYED SO FAR

Sat Oct 17: Chelsea 3-3 Southampton BT Sport Box Office

Sat Oct 17: Newcastle 1-4 Man United Sky Sports Box Office

Sun Oct 18: Sheffield United 1-1 Fulham BT Sport Box Office

Sun Oct 18: Leicester 0-1 Aston Villa Sky Sports Box Office

Mon Oct 19: West Brom 0-0 Burnley Sky Sports Box Office

Fri Oct 23: Aston Villa 0-3 Leeds BT Sport Box Office

Sat Oct 24: Fulham 1-2 Crystal Palace BT Sport Box Office

Sat Oct 24: Liverpool 2-1 Sheffield United – Sky Sports Box

Sun Oct 25: Arsenal 0-1 Leicester – Sky Sports Box Office

Mon Oct 26: Brighton 1-1 West Brom Sky Sports Box Office

PPV matches yet to come

Fri Oct 30: Wolves vs Crystal Palace, 8pm – BT Sport Box Office

Sat Oct 31: Burnley vs Chelsea, 3pm – BT Sport Box Office

Sun Nov 1: Aston Villa vs Southampton, 12pm – Sky Sports Box Office

Sun Nov 1: Tottenham vs Brighton, 12pm – Sky Sports Box Office

Mon Nov 2: Fulham vs West Brom, 5.30pm – Sky Sports Box Office

Fri Nov 6: Brighton vs Burnley 5:30pm – – Sky Sports Box Office

Sat Nov 7: Crystal Palace vs Leeds 3pm – BT Sport Box Office

Sat Nov 7: West Ham vs Fulham 8pm  – BT Sport Box Office

Sun Nov 8: West Brom vs Tottenham 12pm – Sky Sports Box Office

Sun Nov 8: Arsenal vs Aston Villa 7.15pm – Sky Sports Box Office   

Supporters have been boycotting PPV games and instead donating the £14.95 fee to charity with more than £300,000 raised so far.

The decision to make matches which were not due to be broadcast on TV available through PPV on either Sky Sports or BT Sport has caused outrage among football fans who are still unable to attend games due to restrictions.

Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville called for the £14.95 fee to be scrapped, claiming no fans are watching.

Speaking on Monday Night Football, Neville said: 'It just needs scrapping. It's gone. It's finished. No one is paying, no one is watching, it's done, it's finished, get rid of it.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8894433/Premier-League-confirm-latest-round-Pay-View-fixtures.html

WhiteJC

Anthony Knockaert sends message to Nottingham Forest fans

Anthony Knockaert made his first start for Nottingham Forest last night in the 1-1 draw against Luton Town – posting a message to the club's suppoters on Instagram afterwards.

The 28-year-old checked in from Fulham on transfer deadline day, arriving on loan until January initally.

Knockaert is a proven Championship performer and after playing the second half against Derby, he was handed a start last night.

The French trickster never stopped running at Kenilworth Road. His energy proving a useful asset as Forest were forced to play the second half with 10-men.

Already a popular figure among supporters, Knockaert had a message for the fans after the game.

Knockaert signing for Forest has to be seen as a bit of a coup. The player only signed for Fulham permanently in the summer due to an obligatory clause in last season's loan deal.

On the evidence of just 90 minutes of action, Forest will surely be trying to keep hold of Knockaert.

The versatile performer played some of his best football in England under the influence of Chris Hughton during 2016/17.

Knockaert scored 15 goals and registered nine assists as Brighton won promotion to the Premier League for the first time.

Forest supporters will be hoping that he can chip in with plenty of goals and assists in the coming weeks to fire the Reds up the table.

Under Hughton, Forest have been improved but have now drawn three consecutive games 1-1 after beating Blackburn away.

Draws must be turned into wins sooner rather than later and the form of Knockaert could fire Forest to some victories in the coming weeks.

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2020/10/29/anthony-knockaert-sends-message-to-nottingham-forest-fans/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker names the West Brom player he thinks is 'fantastic'

West Bromwich Albion winger Grady Diangana has been described as a "fantastic player" by Fulham boss Scott Parker ahead of the Premier League meeting between the two sides.

The Baggies, currently 17th in the table, head to West London on Monday night hoping to get their first win of the season, or at least extend their unbeaten run to three games.

West Brom will be up against a side which has picked up just one point so far this term and sit bottom of the standings, and Diangana will hope to add to his one league goal this season.

Although Albion and Fulham played out two draws in the Championship last season, Parker believes the Hawthorns side is stronger than they were in 2019-20.

Nonetheless, he had especially kind words for Diangana, who was on loan at West Brom last season before signing him permanently for a reported £18million.

How Liverpool can move forward after bitter Virgil Van Dijk blow

"West Brom have spent a bit of money, they've brought in a couple of front half players, one who was there last year, and I think we've all seen his quality – a fantastic player in [Grady] Diangana," Parker told the Fulham website.

"The boy [Karlan] Grant has added some experience as well, so they're definitely an improved team. I think it's got the makings of a very good game, I sense it will be a very tight – and a very good – one."

TBR View:

Diangana was superb for West Brom last season and it was surprising to see West Ham cash in on him – indeed, captain Mark Noble was "gutted, angry and sad" that he had left.

Things have been a bit trickier for the 22-year-old this time round, with the Premier League a lot tougher than the Championship, but surely it won't be long before he and his teammates get to grips with life in the top flight.

https://tbrfootball.com/scott-parker-names-the-west-brom-player-he-thinks-is-fantastic/

WhiteJC

Parker set to continue with Mitrovic as lone striker

Aleksandar Mitrovic will have to get used to being Fulham's lone striker.

Some fans have been keen to see a partner alongside last season's Golden Boot winner in the Championship after the Serb's recent dip in scoring form.

But head coach Scott Parker will stick to his guns – for the time being at least.

Mitrovic has endured a miserable spell.

He missed a penalty at Sheffield United, conceded one at the other end and missed a couple of chances to win it at the death.

At home last Saturday to Crystal Palace, the striker cut a forlorn figure to register another duck.

However, changing to a 4-4-2 formation is not on the cards, insists Parker.

Parker said: "What's more important to us?  "Do you take a player from somewhere (as a partner) and make us lighter somewhere else on the pitch? Is it more important to be solid at the back?

"I think we're playing to his strengths. We're number one in the league for crosses from open play. In the sense of getting the ball in the box we're certainly doing that.

"But what we used last year, won't necessarily work this year.

"We spent £10m-£12m with not much Premier League experience – and that's a reality.

"They need to pick it up quick if they want to be in this league for some time."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/defiant-parker-set-to-wls-continue-with-mitrovic-as-lone-striker

WhiteJC

Premier League predictions: Lawro v The Rap Game UK judge DJ Target

The outcome of Arsenal's trips to Old Trafford used to have a big say in the Premier League title race but on Sunday it sees the team in 15th place host the side in 11th.

Between 1997-98 and 2002-03, the Gunners and Manchester United carved up first and second spot between them in five out of six seasons, but it has been a while since either club mounted a serious title challenge.

"It's amazing isn't it? I used to preview this game and think 'wow' but you look now and it is almost run of the mill," said BBC football expert Mark Lawrenson.

Lawro is making predictions for all 380 Premier League matches this season, against a variety of guests.

This weekend, he is up against The Rap Game UK judge and Arsenal fan DJ Target.

The Rap Game UK is a BBC Three music competition showcasing the UK's best upcoming MCs

Target grew up as a Gunner and told BBC Sport: "I am an east London boy so I used to get a lot of people asking me how come I didn't support West Ham, or whoever, when I was younger.

"But in the mid to late 1980s, when I was really young and just starting to enjoy football - before you really pick a team or form any allegiance - there were two main teams.

"A lot of people in my age group who I grew up with were Liverpool fans - John Barnes was a big thing, especially among young black kids who would see him and think 'oh my god, we could be like him'.

"But also, on the other side of it, there were a bunch of Arsenal fans who I was around - older people as well as a few of my friends.

"I was already supporting Arsenal when Ian Wright joined from Crystal Palace in 1991, but once he arrived that really flicked the switch - he was just like a hero and that was it. That was when I started going to games at Highbury and really got stuck into it."

Target has fond memories of Arsenal going to Old Trafford and winning to clinch the title in 2002, but they have not managed a league win there in any of their past 13 visits going back to September 2006.

"It's really hard work being an Arsenal fan these days," he added. "Those days it was a lot easier.

"We had so many great players for so many years, especially when Arsene Wenger came in 1996, right through to The Invincibles in 2004 and beyond.

"It felt like we were in the running for the title every year, and we had such a stylish way of playing too. Every move felt effortless, and there was so much creativity from every player, linking up all the time, it was ridiculous.

"Obviously the last few years have been very shaky. You do see glimpses of it from time to time under Mikel Arteta, but there is a way to go to get back to those days - the level we were at, and how good we were to watch."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Fulham v West Brom (17:30 GMT)

Neither of these sides have managed a win yet, so they both have to see this as a chance to get their season up and running.

That should make it a decent game, because both teams will think they will go out and have a go.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

DJ Target's prediction: This is going to be a scrap but I think West Brom will nick it. 0-1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54686577