News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could TC-Mito-Lookman be our most creative front 3?

Started by Inmyday75, October 04, 2020, 09:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inmyday75

Interesting topic. Is the 'new' way forward for us to discard our wingers? Let's be honest, are any of them really Premier League Standard? Personally, speaking as a STH, it's an emphatic no from me...none of them have pulled up any trees for us for a few years now. For me TC is a talented player & worth his place in the team, given his ability to create, but too often he receives the ball whilst being pressed in our defensive third. Couple this with his physical defensive frailties out of possession & it makes sense to play him in the role that Grealish plays for Villa.... Just need to replace him in that centre 3 with a second Zambo... maybe that's Lemina? With Lookman joining Mitro & TC in that front 3 we may have the potency that simply isn't there right now. Looking at Villa tonight they played without wingers with a front 3 with the creative Grealish & Barclay as 'wide' players  ...maybe it's the way forward.... & lets be honest we've not been dangerously creative side for a couple of years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caedal

I agree that all our wingers are terrible (aside from Lookman). A change of attacking emphasis might be in order. However I dont think Mitro is mobile enough to play a similar style to how Villa did today. Plus passing needs to be fast, and forward quicker

Inmyday75

Looks like this may well be the case. Great performance from TC last night operating further forward.

General

Hold on - What about Bobby Decordova Reid - Scored 2 in five games so far this season and played a blinding ball to Mitrovic which Mitro set up Aina's. People are really underrating him as an attacking outlet, not only his versatility but his creativity too. I think he's looked like one of our most consistent attacking outlets. Also scored in the League Cup, meaning he's got 3 goals in 8 games already.

Without doubt he'd be in our attacking three alongside Mitro and Lookman for me.

fulhamben

Quote from: General on November 03, 2020, 12:44:46 PM
Hold on - What about Bobby Decordova Reid - Scored 2 in five games so far this season and played a blinding ball to Mitrovic which Mitro set up Aina's. People are really underrating him as an attacking outlet, not only his versatility but his creativity too. I think he's looked like one of our most consistent attacking outlets. Also scored in the League Cup, meaning he's got 3 goals in 8 games already.

Without doubt he'd be in our attacking three alongside Mitro and Lookman for me.
yes agree with that. The only thing missing from his game last season was his end product, and he has certainly been working hard on that. Yes he should have buried the rebound from Toms shot, but took his goal well and was a threat all game. We've seen Tom play as part of the attacking 3 last time we got relegated and he was shocking. It seems to me that every time someone plays well, someone always wants to move them to a completely different position. Last nights formation and tactics worked, and worked well. We need to build on that, not tear it up. Injuries aside, it has to be the same starting 11 in the next match, if not the next few matches, regardless of result as long as they play well together.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Inmyday75

BDC's dynamism benefitted the team both offensively and defensively yesterday. His flexibility promotes rotation; important to any team. He won't dominate the opposition in possession or be as creative as TC, but I accept his contribution was an important ingredient to the team performance.

ALG01

Mitro had a game of two halves. the first he was poor, very static and made it hard to get the right cross into him. I know he had the assist for two goals but i am talking about his general lack of mobility especially in the box. He needs to get himself tpo the near post as the balls are being whipped in.. not stand still or go to the far post where it is much easier for defenders.

In the second he seemed to snap into life, a real spring in his step.

lookers is one of those players that no matter if he is doing well or less so, he will cause the opponents much grief. His link up yesterday with robinson was brilliant. In the first game he rarely interchanged with roobinson, now they look like they have been a partnership since nursery... very encouraging.

Lookers and mitro as a pair? For me that has not happened yet, and i suspect that might be just familiarity, when it happens I think that could be a very potent threat.

cottage expat

Quote from: General on November 03, 2020, 12:44:46 PM

+1

Mr K.Dilkington

i just want TC to play like he did last night every game. Then we wouldn't need another 10/playmaker/attacking midfielder and could go all in on a striker
Foolish ham

itombomb

The front 4 yesterday (as to me TC played as a 10) worked really well. I do have a worry though that against better teams the flanks could be exposed - Lookman failed to track their FB a couple of times, and BDR worked really hard, but was coming inside a lot, so if you lose the ball there is a lot of space in the transition.

I think against better teams we may see a midfield 3 of Reed, Lemina and Anguissa, with TC playing in the BDR role from yesterday. You could then have one of the midfield either dropping into a back 3, or being tasked with helping out the fullback.