more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

VAR for the handball

Started by hongkongfulham, November 03, 2020, 03:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: fcfulham55 on November 03, 2020, 05:39:41 PM
If it was Liverpool or a so called top 5/6 team appealing for the penalty, you bet your D..m Ass a penalty gets awarded.
well that isnt true is it. look what happened in the liverpool derby
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MickyAdamsFamily

Actually I have a different question: Has anyone seen a replay (VAR or otherwise) of the goal-line clearance from Cairney's amazing long shot that happened 3 seconds before? It looked over the line to me, as the defender was standing well inside the goal when he kicked the ball out. If it wasn't over the line, it must've partially crossed. Either way, I'd like to see a still shot from the post cam or overhead, and I've not seen anything, or even heard it mentioned. Thoughts?

The Rock

Quote from: Jim© on November 03, 2020, 04:37:59 PM
If he didn't have a right arm, it would have been a goal, without any doubt in the world.
Hence it's handball and a penalty.

I have no idea how many people accept that Joe Bryan's very slightest of touches on Bamford's back was a penalty yet a player preventing a certain goal when it hit's his elbow is not. Words fail me.

That is key - if his hand wasn't there and it would have gone in, then it's a penalty.

There seems to be some ambiguity about this. Ben above I think sees it otherwise. I personally think it would have hit the side of his stomach and ricochet (spell check please) in. 

But ultimately, I think few would disagree above that a Liverpool gets awarded that penalty 5 of 6 times while we probably get inverse treatment.

The Rock

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on November 03, 2020, 05:49:06 PM
Actually I have a different question: Has anyone seen a replay (VAR or otherwise) of the goal-line clearance from Cairney's amazing long shot that happened 3 seconds before? It looked over the line to me, as the defender was standing well inside the goal when he kicked the ball out. If it wasn't over the line, it must've partially crossed. Either way, I'd like to see a still shot from the post cam or overhead, and I've not seen anything, or even heard it mentioned. Thoughts?

I thought there are sensors and/or live video equipment that alert the referee's and VAR gods the instant it crosses the line, though I know (and can't recall when ~ last year) that it failed at least once before. In theory, I think they would have been alerted straight away.

HillingdonFFC

If he didn't have a right arm, it would have been a goal, without any doubt in the world.

I have no idea how many people accept that Joe Bryan's very slightest of touches on Bamford's back was a penalty yet a player preventing a certain goal when it hit's his elbow is not. Words fail me.

Couldn't agree more. Watched football for 40 odd years and on any one of them bar this crazy one it's a nailed on penalty, it's just this ridiculous tweaking of the rules that have caused all this.

Stevieboy

The goal ins tech failed in the last game of the season to keep Villa up....v Sheff Utd I think.
Regarding the penalty he definitely moves the right side of his body towards to ball, they definitely gained an advantage.....as was proved by the VAR decision !!

Mr K.Dilkington

genuinely don't understand this rule now. his arms weren't behind his back so surely a pen! literally who knows anymore. i wouldn't give it but seen these given etc...
Foolish ham

Woolly Mammoth

The arm was in the way of the flight of the ball therefore, preventing the ball from travelling towards the goal. Therefore, it was a penalty but unfortunately we are called Fulham  not Manchester United or Liverpool.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Craven_Chris

His arms don't need to be behind his back, is only handball if he is using them to make himself unnaturally bigger

Bill2

Quote from: JEEVES on November 03, 2020, 03:33:13 PM
If that ball hadn't hit his arm it was in the net. The part of his arm it hit was not covering his torso it was next to it. At the very least it would have clipped his side and gone into the net.
Have to agree with the point about his arm was alongside his body, but not stuck out so he was doing his best although he could have had it across his chest and then the ball would have been in the net.

SuffolkWhite

VAR won't change the bias for the big clubs. The handball could have been given as a penalty but it was the Ref's call.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

In the good old days hand ball had to be deliberate so the rule was hand hits ball penalty, ball hits hand no penalty.
But  I understand that in recent times that has changed to any contact between hand and ball is a penalty.

That hand contact was purely accidental so only by the modern rules should it have been a penalty but we have seen so many similar incidents given recently.

YankeeJim

If it was Liverpool or a so called top 5/6 team appealing for the penalty, you bet your D..m Ass a penalty gets awarded.

yep
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

WindyCity

I've been thinking about the very same thing as well.  The defender was quite deep in the goal area.  Wish we could see that from above the goal and see just how far the ball went inside the goal area/over the line?

Bill2

Quote from: WindyCity on November 04, 2020, 02:45:54 PM

I've been thinking about the very same thing as well.  The defender was quite deep in the goal area.  Wish we could see that from above the goal and see just how far the ball went inside the goal area/over the line?
The goal line technology they all have these days would have been tripped had it been over the line.

fulhamben

Quote from: WindyCity on November 04, 2020, 02:45:54 PM

if you have ffctv you can watch the replay. you can see from that, that it is nowhere near going over the line. was good defending from them both to stop tom and bobby from scoring
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on November 03, 2020, 05:57:40 PM

Couldn't agree more. Watched football for 40 odd years and on any one of them bar this crazy one it's a nailed on penalty, it's just this ridiculous tweaking of the rules that have caused all this.

Agree

fcfulham55

Quote from: fulhamben on November 03, 2020, 05:43:07 PM
well that isnt true is it. look what happened in the liverpool derby

That's just the one decision they make public to throw us off the scent. The other 99% of the time things are not balanced.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Dr Quinzel

The way I saw it was that he raised his forearms, which it hit, whilst by his side. So, it was by his side which is tough to give, but then he's raise the part of the arm it hit, so it should be given.

I watched some CL midweek and saw some crazy handball penalties given, and yet this wasn't.

I can see why we're all confused. Competition rules vary and no-one seems to know what's going on.

Skatzoffc

If it was a so-called Big 6 Team they would have given it.

Simple as
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !