more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff - 03/11/20...

Started by WhiteJC, October 30, 2020, 11:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Scott Parker not interested in league table after Fulham claim first win

Fulham manager Scott Parker played down the importance of moving clear of the Premier League relegation zone following his side's dominant 2-0 win over West Brom.

Goals from Bobby Decordova-Reid and Ola Aina secured a first league win back in the top tier for the Cottagers and left the visitors still waiting to break their duck.

The result saw Fulham leapfrog their opponents and out of the bottom three, but Parker believes league position is not especially important at this stage of the season.

When asked what it meant psychologically to be out of the drop zone, he said: "Nothing really to be honest. It's really irrelevant at this moment for me.

"What is relevant to me is the team moving in the right direction and improving and us moving in the right way and I see that and I have seen that in the weeks before this.

"OK the results haven't been there and I understand when the result's not there the noise is 'can't win' but I have seen massive improvements.

"But in terms of the table and where we sit on that, to me that's irrelevant. Let's see where we are at the end, but what is important to me is that the team are going in the right direction and I am seeing that."

On the game, Parker added: "I think overall, all round a very good performance. Obviously the result was important. We all understood that because we started this season and I've sat here and said that performance-wise I think we were progressing in the right way, but I think for everyone – the team, the club – we needed the win and we've got that."

The one downside was the injury to Mario Lemina, with Parker confirming the midfielder was brought off at half-time as a precaution after he felt his hamstring in the opening 45 minutes.

West Brom manager Slaven Bilic conceded his side did not play well enough at Craven Cottage, as they continue their search for a first win back in the top tier.

"I'm very disappointed obviously," he said. "We were looking forward for this game because the last couple of games we looked really good, we played really good in training, lot of intensity, lot of quality to be fair. But when we need to produce it on the pitch we simply didn't do it.

"We were good for 25 minutes but after that they were stronger than us, they were sharper, quicker, better passing, better one-against-one, better in that area where it matters to make a difference.

"That's when it really hurts when you find out that you didn't deserve a thing from this game, you can't say that you were unlucky, you can't say that you missed some chances or whatever, no, they were much better than us."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/scott-parker-not-interested-in-league-table-after-fulham-claim-first-win-1604351372000

WhiteJC

'It was a great strike' – Fulham manager Parker hails Aina's first Premier League goal

The Nigeria international opened his account in the English top-flight in style and has been praised by the Cottagers boss

Fulham manager Scott Parker has showered encomium on Ola Aina following his wonder goal in their 2-0 victory over West Bromwich Albion in Monday's Premier League game.

The 24-year-old was afforded his fifth appearance for the Cottagers since his summer loan move from Italian side Torino.

The Nigeria international delivered eye-catching performances in the encounter, helping the Craven Cottage outfit to end their five-game winless run.

The wing-back smashed home a beauty from the edge of the box beyond the reach of goalkeeper Sam Johnstone for his first Premier League goal.

Parker has expressed his pleasure with the effort and believes the goal came on the back of his instruction to the Super Eagles defender to take more risks.

"It was a great strike. We might have to take risks," Parker said in a post-match press conference.

We're going to have to take risks in or around the box and Ola did that and it's flown into the top corner.

"Anyone watching us with an open mind will see we have a bit of quality. We had some lovely bits in both halves."

Gabon international Mario Lemina only featured for 46 minutes before making ways for Harrison Reed in the encounter.

Parker revealed the 24-year-old midfielder was replaced to avoid any risk after feeling discomfort in his hamstring.

"Mario [Lemina] felt his hamstring a little bit in the first half and I didn't want to take any risks. We'll have to see where he is in the morning," he added.

Victory against West Brom ensured Fulham moved to 17th spot on the Premier League table with four points from seven games.

Aina will hope to help his side continue in their winning ways when they take on West Ham United at London Stadium on Saturday.

The 24-year-old's impressive form will please Nigeria national team coach Gernot Rohr, who has included the defender in his squad that will play Sierra Leone in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifying game on November 13 and 17.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/it-was-a-great-strike-fulham-manager-parker-hails-ola-ainas/1iivwmdi75ngl11aw078v5rjr3

WhiteJC

Benched Loftus-Cheek will have 'big part' for Fulham

Scott Parker insists Ruben Loftus-Cheek will have a "big part" to play for Fulham this season despite being left out against West Brom.

Bobby Decordova-Reid was preferred to Loftus-Cheek – and scored in the Whites' 2-0 win at Craven Cottage.

Loftus-Cheek spent a long spell out with an Achilles injury prior to his loan move from Chelsea.

He has made two appearances since that deadline day deal but was an unused substitute on Monday.

Fulham boss Parker believes the England midfielder will play a major role over the course of the campaign.

Parker explained: "Ruben had been out for a long time, came into the club late and has played two games.

"I just felt Bobby was the one and we went with him.

"Ruben will have a lot of game time this year and he'll bring his quality and will have a lot to offer.

"He'll help us moving forward, no doubt. He didn't start this one but he'll have a big part to play."

Meanwhile, Fulham will assess a hamstring injury Mario Lemina picked up

Lemina, on loan from Southampton, was substituted at half-time.

Parker said: "He's struggling a little bit. He felt his hamstring a little bit in the first half, so we didn't want to take any risks. We'll have to see how he is."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/fulham-boss-parker-explains-why-he-left-out-loftus-cheek

WhiteJC

Relief for David Moyes as West Ham star Aaron Cresswell is declared fit for Fulham after injury scare - insider

West Ham United boss David Moyes will be a relieved man after one of his star players was declared fit for Fulham after an injury scare.

Aaron Cresswell has been a revelation for West Ham in the left-sided centre-back role as part of a back five this season.

Cresswell has been found wanting as a left-back in recent seasons.

Injury scare for one of West Ham's vital cogs

But as well as giving the Liverpudlian more cover, the new formation has also afforded him time and space to get forward and get crosses in from dangerous positions.

That has led to a number of assists already.

Cresswell has become a vital cog in the wing-back formation. So hearts were in mouths when he looked to have suffered a nasty injury during the defeat to Liverpool at the weekend.

As he was running late in the game Cresswell slipped and did the splits, appearing to injure his groin.

He played on after some treatment but fans were fearing he may miss this weekend's clash with Fulham.

Cresswell 'fine' for Fulham – insider

But according to West Ham insiders Claret & Hugh, Cresswell will be fit to face the Cottagers on Saturday night.

"Aaron Cresswell was the only player over whom there appeared to be any doubt at all looking at one point as though he may have suffered a groin problem during the match at Anfield," Claret & Hugh report.

"But we have learned that the left back is fine and will be in training this week ready for the London Stadium clash against Scott Parker's outfit."

That will come as welcome news for West Ham fans and David Moyes.

Attitude and application key for West Ham against Cottagers

If only the same was true of Michail Antonio.

The in-form striker looks set to miss out again with his latest hamstring injury expected to keep him out until the end of the month.

West Ham take on an improving Fulham side fresh from winning for the first time this season.

But even in the 2-0 victory over West Brom it was clear this is a side West Ham can get a lot of joy against.

Moyes's side must turn up for the game with the same attitude and application they have shown against the top sides in recent weeks.

Do that and there should only be one winner.

https://www.hammers.news/injury-news/relief-for-david-moyes-as-west-ham-star-aaron-cresswell-is-declared-fit-for-fulham-after-injury-scare-insider/