more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 06/11/20...

Started by WhiteJC, November 05, 2020, 10:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Double Injury Boost for Hammers Ahead of Fulham Clash

West Ham welcome Fulham to London Stadium on Saturday evening and David Moyes has been handed almost a clean bill of health for his squad ahead of the all-London encounter.

Club captain Mark Noble wasn't involved in last weekend's loss to Liverpool and Aaron Cresswell went down with a groin injury during the match. However, according to Football.London, the Irons duo are set to be fit for the final weekend prior to the international break.

Moyes will have to plan, though, without his star striker Michail Antonio for Saturday. The 30-year-old watched from the stands last weekend and is expected to be out until after the internationals, although the prognosis isn't as bad as first feared.

Despite returning to fitness, Noble is unlikely to force his way into Moyes' starting XI, with Declan Rice and Tomas Soucek both performing well in the heart of the Irons midfield.

Aside from the big loss of Antonio, Moyes is likely to have most of his players available for the home game in Stratford, with both Said Benrahma and Issa Diop reportedly pushing for a start.

READ WEST HAM VERDICT

Cresswell's return to fitness is a huge boost for the Hammers – having looked in some pain against Liverpool, the defender was able to continue but the after-effects remain to be seen.

The 30-year-old has been in fine form in his new role as part of a central defensive trio this term and his inclusion will allow Moyes to stick to his current tactical setup.

Centre-backs Issa Diop and Craig Dawson would have been in line to deputise for Cresswell, with both of those seeing little Premier League action so far this term.

https://readwestham.com/2020/11/05/west-ham-injury-latest-noble-cresswell/

WhiteJC

Fulham may be key game for Iron (not Haller)

Mark Noble could be facing a key day in his life when Fulham arrive at the London Stadium this weekend.

David Moyes has been at pains to point out that the captain still has a key role to play within the squad and claims d he will be seen in a lot of games this season.

The captain was excluded from the squad which travelled to Anfield last weekend with it later being explained he had suffered from a small knock in training from which we understand he has now recovered.

So it now remains to be seen whether the manager recalls the captain for a game from which three points will be expected however diplomatically Fulham are referred to as not being a team to under estimate.

It seems there would only be one place available on the bench as it is almost impossible to see him starting the game.

Robert Snodgrass was on the bench last week and he may be the player to make way should Moyes want to include the captain.

Any of Benrahma, Fredericks, Diop, Yarmolenko and Lanzini would probably consider themselves unfortunate if they were forced to make way.

Interesting times for Mark.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/fulham-may-be-key-game-for-iron-not-haller/

WhiteJC

Premier League predictions: Lawro v singer-songwriter Amy Macdonald

Manchester City have won their past three home league games against Liverpool with an aggregate score of 11-1. Can they make it four wins in a row at Etihad Stadium on Sunday?

BBC Sport football expert Mark Lawrenson said: "I know I never usually tip Liverpool to lose but I just feel like it is a massive game for both defences and this time it is the Reds who have the uncertainty at the back.

"Liverpool centre-half Joe Gomez has started each of the past three games with a different partner and manager Jurgen Klopp might change things around again at the back."

Lawro is making predictions for all 380 Premier League matches this season, against a variety of guests.

This weekend, he is up against singer-songwriter Amy Macdonald, whose latest album, Human Demands, was released at the end of October.

Rangers fan Macdonald has one eye on the Scottish Premiership title race and the other on Scotland's Euro 2020 play-off against Serbia next week - and is feeling pretty nervous about both.

"There is no such thing as 'confident' when it comes to supporting Scotland," she told BBC Sport. "That is something you learn right at the very beginning.

"It is going to be a very tough night for us in Serbia but I think what [Scotland boss] Steve Clarke has instilled is a great team spirit which probably wasn't there previously.

"Before, it felt a bit like people kind of turned up, did their work for Scotland and then went back to their real jobs with their clubs. Now, it does seem like the players are really, really there for each other and it seems we have got the togetherness that we had been lacking for years.

"That is a good sign and so is the way Clarke lines up his team. He makes us really hard to beat - but as well as being quite a sticky team, we also carry an attacking threat.

"While we struggled for goals in the past, now it seems like we have got a few players coming through who can help up front. Having someone like Lyndon Dykes in the team as a target man will help immeasurably, and Leigh Griffiths is back in the squad too.

"Unfortunately, in Scotland we are very much used to glorious failure so I think some of us are prepared for that - but there is always the hope this time will be different."

If the men's team make it to the finals, Macdonald is hoping for a similar effect to the one seen last year when Scotland reached the 2019 Women's World Cup.

"If you are there and part of the tournament, it is a brilliant feeling," she added.

"It can also create a lasting legacy. When young people see these players at a major event, it kind of spurs them on and makes them want to do it themselves.

"On the back of watching Scotland women's team at the World Cup, one of my friends has two daughters who just absolutely fell in love with the game and are both now playing football.

"A generation of Scottish kids have grown up without seeing the men's team at a finals. I was 10 for our last one, when we were at France 1998, and the streets where I lived were absolutely dead during the first game against Brazil. Everyone was watching.

"It was that kind of spirit that we were all in it together and that is what we have missed so much in Scotland down the years."

On the domestic front, Rangers are the early pacesetters in the Scottish Premiership, but Macdonald is taking nothing for granted.

"It has been a really interesting season, in Scotland and in the Premier League too, and it would be a fool's game to call anything now on the back of the first few games," she said.

"I know Celtic have got games in hand but Rangers are in a good place now, playing as a team. They always seem to be able to find a way of winning games, which is a really positive sign.

"It would be brilliant if they can keep that up, but everything is just so unpredictable at the moment. I'm not sure whether that is down to the lack of fans, the really short pre-season or anything else - but everything feels very up in the air."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

West Ham v Fulham (20:00 GMT)

West Ham were decent in defeat against Liverpool last time out but nothing short of a win will do for the Hammers here.

Fulham got their first league win of the season on Monday, but West Ham are a totally different proposition to West Brom - or at least they should be.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Amy's prediction: West Ham have made a much better start and they have to be the favourites. 2-0

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54783299

WhiteJC

Fulham manager Scott Parker reveals new injury doubt ahead of West Ham clash

The former Hammers midfielder, now Fulham boss, is sweating on the fitness of one of his summer recruits for his return to east London

Mario Lemina tussle's with West Bromwich Albion's Conor Gallagher (Image: CLIVE ROSE/POOL/AFP via Getty Images)

Scott Parker has revealed midfielder Mario Lemina is an injury doubt for Fulham ahead of their visit to West Ham on Saturday night.

Parker's side picked up their first victory of the season on Monday, beating West Bromwich Albion 2-0 at Craven Cottage thanks to goals from Bobby De Cordova Reid and Ola Aina.

But that victory came at a cost for Fulham as they lost midfielder Lemina, a summer recruit from Southampton, at half time.

"The only one who is a little bit touch and go is Lemina, who came off on Monday night and felt a little bit of a problem," Parker said at his pre-match press conference on Thursday afternoon.

"Other than that that's the only real concern."

Striker Aboubakar Kamara is unavailable for Fulham as he serves his second game of a three-match ban after being sent off in defeat to Crystal Palace last month after a challenge of former Hammers transfer target Eberechi Eze.

Winger Neeskens Kebano is expected to be available for Parker having been previously rated as a 50/50 chance of making the game. Ivan Cavaleiro should also be available for selection for the former West Ham midfielder.

Kenny Tete, a summer recruit from Lyon, will miss out with a leg injury. Midfield duo Terence Kongolo and Josh Onomah are also ruled out of the match in east London.

For West Ham, David Moyes is expected to have an almost fully-fit squad available for the London derby.

Michail Antonio is out with a hamstring injury but Mark Noble is expected to recover from a knock that caused him to miss out against Liverpool.

Aaron Cresswell needed treatment for a groin injury at Anfield last weekend but managed to complete the full 90 minutes and is expected to be fine for the Fulham game.

Moyes will give the latest injury news and his thoughts on the weekend' game when he holds his pre-match press conference at 9am on Friday morning.

Saturday's game is just the second time so far this season that West Ham will have played a side that currently sit in the bottom half of the Premier League table as they have come through their brutal opening seven fixtures with eight points.

https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/fixtures-results/fulham-manager-scott-parker-reveals-19227576

WhiteJC

Rhys's Pieces: The importance of Anguissa
Following our maiden Premier League victory of the season against West Brom, Rhys considers just how crucial André-Frank Zambo Anguissa could be in our quest to avoid another damaging relegation to the Championship.

When André-Frank Zambo Anguissa left Craven Cottage to join Villarreal on a season-long loan deal in July 2019, many of those who'd watched him struggle in the Premier League would not have anticipated a return.

Although the former Marseille midfielder did offer his support for Scott Parker ahead of his first full season as a senior boss, it seemed as though the midfielder's time in England had come to a mutually-agreed conclusion.

SW6 redemption
A matter of 16 months have since passed, and Parker has now overseen his first victory following the return to the top flight, and it was Anguissa's presence that proved to be a vital cog at Craven Cottage.

In front of a back five made up entirely of summer additions, the 24-year-old put in a performance that helped bridge the gap between defence and attack, and gave skipper Tom Cairney the opportunity to express himself.

While proving he can play in a system with both Mario Lemina and Harrison Reed, the fearless nature of the performance was somewhat reminiscent of Mousa Dembélé during his time in west London.

Although the tough start to the campaign looked to be taking its toll on the new-look squad, the Baggies clash showed off the best of Anguissa's passing, tackling and dribbling ability to the delight of his manager.

It may have taken him 41 Fulham appearances to prove his worth to the most vocal doubters, but Anguissa has returned from Spain with a newfound confidence while making his influence felt at the highest level.

Although it is more than likely that some part of Anguissa would have wanted to stay to La Liga ahead of the new season, his attitude and desire to play for Fulham impressed his manager following their reunion.

After a bid for his services was rejected back in September, Parker said: "Yes, the club want him to stay – from my point of view he will. He's a player I love, he's a player that I've spent a lot of time with from when I first came.

"He had his struggles early on when he first came in. I think Frank knows exactly what I think of him. He's a player that I'm looking at to really be a major part of what we're trying to do this year.
    Scott Parker on André-Frank Zambo Anguissa

"Frank's been very, very professional. He has a sole focus about him, which is getting as fit as he can and getting in this team. All the signs are very good. I hope that is still the case when the [transfer] window shuts.

"You never know when a window's open what can happen – I'm not just talking about Frank, I'm talking about everyone. But hopefully he'll be part of this."

Spanish success
Anguissa made 39 appearances across all competitions under Javi Calleja to help Villarreal to an impressive fifth-placed finish, scoring and assisting twice apiece across 20 wins and five draws.

Calleja made his thoughts over the midfielder abundantly clear as recently as July, and hinted that they would exercise a apparent buy-out clause during the summer: "He's a very important player, a key player who gives us a lot.

"He improves our team in every aspect. He can go against any rival and he's showing it by the great season he's doing, so of course I would like him to stay. But he's on loan with a buy option that we need to think if we can exercise it."
    former Villarreal boss Javi Calleja

After reading an article at the start of the season that claimed Fulham didn't deserve to keep Anguissa for the new Premier League season, I feel compelled to mention why he's been handed the perfect platform to thrive.

Being given the chance to play in such pivotal position for a top-flight English side is a luxury not afforded to many, and with the obvious attacking talent around him, Anguissa has been given the tools to reach his full potential over the coming months.

Having already accomplished 26 dribbles while carrying the ball out from the back, completing 88% of his passes and chipping in with 15 tackles, Anguissa is ready to help fire Fulham up the table. And for a player who's sparked so much debate, that's something we can all agree is a good thing.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2020-11-05-rhyss-pieces-the-importance-of-anguissa/

WhiteJC

Premier League's controversial PPV scheme to be scrapped - but could return in 2021

Fans had been asked to pay £14.95 for some Premier League matches - but the controversial scheme is set to be scrapped as England enters a second national lockdown

The Premier League is set to scrap the controversial pay-per-view scheme as the country enters a second national lockdown.

All top-flight matches following last term's restart - and the first batch of this season's games - were shown across Sky Sports, BT Sport, the BBC and Amazon Prime.

But clubs and broadcasters agreed that games not initially slated to be broadcast would be available on a PPV basis at £14.95 each earlier this campaign.

Viewing figures for some of those matches, shown on Sky Sports Box Office and BT Sport Box Office, have been embarrassingly low and the scheme is now set to be disbanded.

As such, following the international break, all of the Premier League's games will once more be broadcast in the United Kingdom on the aforementioned existing broadcast partners.

However, the decision will only be made until the end of the year - with the possibility of a return in 2021.

The Premier League's chief executive Richard Masters declared last month that the £14.95 price was "defensible", while BT also defended it, saying it was only covering its costs in screening the matches.

But it was met with overwhelming unhappiness from supporters, many of whom opted to give the money to charitable causes such as food banks instead.

The pay-per-view model came in at a time when the October 1 return of fans had been indefinitely delayed but when the English professional game continued to lobby Government to allow them back in.

Now, it's understood that the model clubs are edging back towards would resemble the early season arrangement, seen in September during the first three weeks of matches.

Then, all 28 matches were shown live on Sky Sports, BT Sport, the BBC and Amazon Prime.

Seventeen of those had been selected as part of the usual TV rights package. Of the other 11, six were shown on Sky, three on BT and one each on the BBC and Amazon.

Premier League clubs had initially voted through PPV with a 19-1 majority - only Leicester City voted against bringing it in.

A Premier League statement on Thursday night stood short of offering confirmation, simply stating: "Shareholders discussed the broadcast options of non-UK live matches from round nine onwards following the international break later this month.

"Discussions with all stakeholders are ongoing and a broadcast solution will be announced in due course."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-leagues-controversial-ppv-scheme-22961603

WhiteJC

Fulham's Lemina 'touch and go' for West Ham game

Mario Lemina is "touch and go" to face West Ham on Saturday evening, says Scott Parker.

The midfielder pulled up with a hamstring strain in the 2-0 Monday win over West Brom and didn't reappear after half-time.

The Fulham head coach reckoned it was more precautionary than serious and is taking the next 24 hours to assess Lemina's situation.

"We'll see where we are nearer kick-off," Parker said.

"He had a bit of a problem in the West Brom game and is touch and go for this one".

Harrison Reed is almost certain to fill the breech at the London Stadium should the Whites err on the side of caution.

Terence Kongolo is out, but Neeskens Kebano is back and ready to throw his hat into the selection ring.

There are no other concerns as Parker revisits one of his former clubs hoping for back-to-back wins.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-man-touch-and-go-for-west-ham-game

WhiteJC

Pre-West Ham Press Conference

Scott Parker has been impressed with what he's seen from West Ham United so far this season, ahead of Fulham's trip to the London Stadium.

After losing their opening two matches, the Irons then emphatically beat Wolves and Leicester and secured credible draws with Tottenham and Manchester City, before pushing Liverpool all the way last time out.

"They've done very well," Parker admitted. "They're a very good team, a well organised team.

"They had a slow start, but they've since got some good results from tough games. With the way they play, they've got some very good players who can cause us problems.

"We'll go into every game this year the way I want us to play, the way the team want to play. We'll go into every game wanting to try and win it.

"Of course, that's not always going to be the case, but come Saturday night it'll be no different. It will be a tough game against a very, very good opposition who have done very, very well of late.

"A tough game, but going into an international break we could do with getting something out of it."

Parker was a popular figure during four years as a player at West Ham, picking up three Hammer of the Year trophies in that time.

"I've got amazing memories," he said. "It's a fantastic football club where I had four unbelievable seasons.

"It ended in relegation but that disappointment will not dampen the memories I take from that place.

"The fanbase is incredible, Upton Park – where I was playing – was a special place, so I've got many fond memories."

Mario Lemina was withdrawn midway through Fulham's win over West Bromwich Albion on Monday, and Parker confirmed he is now a doubt for the weekend.

"The only [new] one is Lemina at the moment, who's touch and go," he replied when asked for an injury update. "We took a precaution with him on Monday and we'll make a call on him nearer the game.

"Other than that, it's the same; [Kenny] Tete, [Terence] Kongolo, they're the ones who are not available. Everyone else is in a good place."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/november/Pre-West-Ham-Press-Conference/

WhiteJC

Steve Clarke pinpoints two Serbia players who could hurt Scotland

Steve Clarke has pinpointed the likes of Fulham striker Alexander Mitrovic and Ajax star Dusan Tadic as players who could trouble Scotland next week.

The Serbians have several standout players on top of the Fulham and Ajax stars who may cause problems in seven days time during the Euro 2020 play-off final.

Scotland travel to Serbia next Thursday in the hope of achieving tournament qualification. Victory on their travels would ensure a spot at Euro 2020 next summer, Scotland's first tournament since 1998.

Their opponents will prove stern opposition though and go into the match arguably as favourites. They have got Covid issues to contend with, however, Tadic and Sassuolo man  Filip Đuričić testing positive 10 days before kick-off next Thursday.

Whether they make it or not is unknown but Clarke is still wary of the Serbian threats. He knows Scotland are heading into a tough match.

"Serbia are a very good team, talented as you would expect," said Clarke at his media conference. "They have a lot of good individuals that fit the way they play.

"It wasn't such a surprise to me that they beat Norway. The only thing would have been it was an away game. I've watched that game numerous times.

"They are a top team. They have some very good players. The standout would be Mitrovic who scores a lot of their goals. I knew him from my time down in England, he's a quality player.

"Tadic, quality player. It's a squad full of top players, similar to ourselves."

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/scotland/steve-clarke-pinpoints-two-serbia-players-who-could-hurt-scotland/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker thinks coaching styles will change because of the influence of VAR

Fulham manager Scott Parker expects coaching styles to have to adapt due to the influence of VAR on the game.

Last weekend Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho defended his striker Harry Kane over criticism of the way he won a penalty in Spurs' 2-1 victory over Brighton.

While not getting drawn into commenting on the incident itself, Parker believes the game has been changing since the introduction of the new technology.

"I've seen the incident but I'm not getting involved in comments on that," the Cottagers boss said.

"When you've got a screen on the side of the pitch and you're going to slow it down to frame by frame, you're always now running the risk of people or players working out in those moments.

"Because everything in a football match when it's slowed down will always look or be interpreted in 'it's a foul or it's not a foul', that's just the way this game is going really, I suppose.

"The game's changing, I think we can all see that. It's certainly changed since I was around and there seems to be a bit of perfection to the game that we're all wanting to create and trying to take the real finest of situations and trying to iron it all out.

"The thing we love about our game, how quick it is and how dynamic it is is part and parcel of that, and we need to understand that along the way certain situations will happen."

Fulham, who visit West Ham on Saturday, have had a mixed start to life back in the Premier League, but bounced back from five defeats in their opening six league matches with a first win – over fellow strugglers West Brom on Monday – to pull clear of the relegation zone.

The Cottagers have had to adapt to the use of technology this season following their promotion from the Championship, as their last campaign in the top flight in 2018-19 pre-existed the use of VAR in the Premier League.

When asked if he could imagine changing his coaching style because of VAR, Parker said: "Now the game is changing quite drastically really in certain areas, I think that's clear to see.

"I think as a coach you always have to be aware of certain issues or certain things, now all of a sudden it's coming out of the game suddenly – whether that's tackling because you're looking at a game now really where any sort of mistimed tackle you're on a virtual red card or 30 people are seeing it that way, so there is a lot of things."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/scott-parker-thinks-coaching-styles-will-change-because-of-the-influence-of-var-1604595720000

WhiteJC

Barnes and Barrett let fly to seal stunning FA Cup success

Fulham FC Foundation 1, Maidenhead United Women 2

Maidenhead United Women are through to the first round of the Vitality Women's FA Cup for the first time since 2014 after a hard-fought 2-1 victory over a talented Fulham side.

In a match that was played in tough conditions at Corinthian Casuals FC, Nev Saroya's side had to absorb plenty of pressure from their hosts in the early stages before eventually coming out on top. The Magpies were the first to test either 'keeper when Edie Kelly had to be alert to smother Nicole Barrett's snap-shot. The Cottagers – for whom former Magpie Sophie Modak had a solid game at the back – saw a free-kick from a promising position curl wide of the target before the impressive Eve Barnes turned and saw her shot dealt with well by Nina Merritt.

Barrett tested Kelly with a free-kick before Gemma Taylor hooked a chance over the top for Fulham with her back to goal. The home side were a whisker away from taking the lead when Taylor was inches away from connecting with a sumptuous cross from Barnes but, a few minutes later, Maidenhead took the lead through their own Barnes. Top scorer Natalie Barnes took aim from fully 35-yards and her audacious attempt drifted over the head of Kelly for her fourth of the season.

Barnes was denied a second goal by a smart save from Kelly after fantastic work by Megan Halfacree but United had a two-goal cushion at the break when Barrett skilfully stepped past a challenge before firing in a magnificent shot from distance which gave Kelly no chance.

Fulham never allowed their heads to drop and hit back in the second half. Annie Thomas showed good feet but was denied by Merritt whilst Ella Meehan fired wide of the target from range. They pulled a goal back with 12 minutes remaining when the hardworking Taylor was the first to react to a loose ball in the box and finished past Merritt. The Magpies then had to endure some late, concerted, pressure from their hosts, with Eve Barnes driving an effort wide of the post before Taylor's looping header tested Merritt's reactions.

Another cross from Eve Barnes caused Maidenhead hearts to flutter but there was to be no telling Fulham touch on the delivery whilst Lauren Peck's effort was also well gathered by the composed Merritt. Natalie Barnes was closest to scoring in time added on when she screwed an effort wide when well-placed as Saroya's improving Magpies ground out a third successive win.

MAGPIES: Merritt, Thompson, Halfacree, Saunders, Malhotra, Bloor, Barrett, Carvill, Barnes, Chhokar, O'Brien. Subs not used: Carty-Duhaney, Mace, Nazif, Nelson, Thorne, Reid.

https://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/gallery/maidenhead-utd-fc/163452/barnes-and-barrett-let-fly-to-seal-stunning-fa-cup-success.html

WhiteJC

Premier League meeting: Pay-per-view U-turn, next steps and EFL cash bailout offer

Premier League clubs met up on Thursday, with the 20 clubs agreeing in principle to scrap the £14.95 PPV games after the international break, in a victory for fan power

Premier League clubs have been forced to abandon pay-per-view matches by fan power.

The 20 clubs agreed in principle to scrap the £14.95 charge after the international break because it caused such a public backlash.

Supporters - led by fan groups from Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle among many others - staged a mass boycott and urged viewers to instead donate money to charity.

They will vote and ratify the decision next week after this weekend's final pay-per-view games which include Tottenham 's trip to West Brom and Arsenal's clash with Aston Villa on Sunday night.

There is an acceptance that it was a major own goal and they were charging too much money.

Yet Mirror Sport understands it may yet be revisited next year after the lockdown is lifted because some games did attract good audience figures.

The U-turn was met with delight on social media as even Sky pundit Gary Neville posted an axe to toast the decision while the Arsenal Supporters' Trust called it "good news."

Premier League bosses issued a statement which confirmed: "Shareholders also discussed the broadcast options of non-UK live matches from round nine onwards following the international break later this month.

"Discussions with all stakeholders are ongoing and a broadcast solution will be announced in due course."

It is also a sigh of relief for broadcasters Sky and BT Sport who were caught in the middle while clubs were annoyed that the message was landed badly when they were trying to offer extra games which fans did not have to buy.

The Government want clubs to show more games within existing subscriptions as they did in the previous lockdown under Project Restart.

Meanwhile, the Premier League also reiterated that their £50m cash bail out offer for the EFL remains on the table as Mirror Sport revealed earlier this week they had made an improvement to also take in the Championship clubs.

It is understood that the EFL discussed the new terms on Thursday but will consider it further next week with no final decision taken.

They will meet again next Thursday while Premier League chief Richard Masters and EFL chairman Rick Parry will face MPs on Tuesday after being asked to explain why no agreement has been reached.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-pay-per-view-22964980

WhiteJC

Robinson Exclusive: This is what I've noticed about Said Benrahma ahead of Fulham

West Ham manager David Moyes is adopting the same approach with Said Benrahma as he did with Jarrod Bowen in February, according to Paul Robinson.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider correspondent Dylan Childs, the former England number one expects Benrahma to be bedded in "gently" in a similar way to Jarrod Bowen who arrived at the London Stadium in January.

Benrahma, 25, made his debut for the Hammers as a substitute against Liverpool last weekend, two weeks on from his arrival from Brentford.

It was nearly a month after signing before Jarrod Bowen was handed his first start in a West Ham shirt, the winger now a regular in David Moyes's side.

Robinson urged Moyes to hand Benrahma a start against Fulham this weekend with a two week international break to follow.

"Jarrod Bowen was eased in gently and I think that is something that David Moyes will do again with Said Benrahma," he told Football Insider.

"He will watch him in training, let him have time to understand the teams shape, their style of play and what Moyes expects from him.

"It certainly worked with Jarrod Bowen and I think he is adopting a similar approach with Benrahma.

"But I hope for Benrahma and West Ham fans that it does not take as long as it did with Bowen. I would like to see him starting games on a regular basis sooner than we saw with Bowen."

https://www.footballinsider247.com/robinson-on-benrahma-west-ham-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham defender Kongolo still struggling with injury

Fulham fans will have to wait to catch a second sight of Terence Kongolo.

The central defender could be out for another two months, Scott Parker confirmed – both through a lack of fitness and a further injury.

The Netherlands international, 26, was briefly with the Whites last term in the Championship before breaking his foot just two games into his loan from Huddersfield.

He wrote off the rest of the season but was a Fulham domestic deadline-day signing for around £3m.

However, he is a way off adding to his pair of appearances.

"He had his (foot) injury which he got fine with," Parker explained.

"He then got injured with a calf issue into his rehab.

"It's been a worry for him, and he's been out for some time, and when you're coming back from a big lay-off you don't want to risk other problems.

"So, is he out with an injury or lack of fitness? It's a bit of both and it's been a bit stop-start.

"A month or two to go? Realistically, yes. There's the international break and after that you start to get some sort of training.

"So we won't be seeing him in the near future".

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-boss-gives-update-on-kongolo-and-its-not-great-news

filham

So Lawro predicting a West Ham win, that is good, he is not the best at getting results right and I am always happy to see his predictions against us.