watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Solid ,professional performance.

Started by colinwhite, November 08, 2020, 08:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Many of the issues that we experienced in those first 3 games seem to be a thing of the past. We looked like ateam,felt like time. No push-overs. No soft touch. I havent felt like that watching aFulham team for agood few years.
We seem to have found a balance. Solid on both sides ,able to soak up prssure and keep in shape. Physically able to deal with teams prssurising us.Play out from the back with confidence ,but also directness. Two centre backs who can play out and play the early ball to high midfielders or by-pass the middle third.
We countered and threatened in possession.
It wasnt perfect but it was a bloody good performance!

hovewhite

Felt the same a good all round performance we'll set up by scotty.

Sgt Fulham

It was a fairly solid performance and a lot more balanced than we have been for years. We do need more bite up front though, and I think we missed Lemina a little, though Reed filled in well. If we had another Lookman on the right i think we would be comfortably mid table.

I'm still gutted, but at least we're actually in games now.

toshes mate

From some perspectives it was a solid outing spoiled by a poor offside decision which was a complete injustice as is much that is VAR these times.  But was Lookman's penalty 'professional' or does he need telling that football is a team game and not his personal show?  A little work needs to be done by Parker there, in my opinion, especially on general decision making and we just need to find a penalty taker who is so confident they send the keeper the wrong way every time without tricks. Surely Mitro is that guy.

I still do not think the team is balanced left to right but it is a team generally moving in the right direction.  There is still much improvement to do though, IMO.

I thought Reed and Robinson were our two best performers on the night and that the defence held its shape well thoughout.

FFC In Oz

It was an OK performance.

Much improved on the stuff we were dishing up earlier in the season.

But let's not forget West Ham could easily have had 2-3 goals in the first half.

Most of our defensive vulnerabilities seem to come as a result of giving the ball away cheaply in our own half.  Anguissa was a prime culprit today (he's excused considering he's been our best player thus far)

Statto

Agree with you Colin.

Deserved a draw last night and the best chance of the game (goals aside) actually fell to Reid IMO..

A few weeks ago we looked like finishing 20th without a wimper.

Now it's clear we'll be battling hard for 17th. The last couple of games, we've looked better than the three below us. Also reckon we'd take 3 points off the likes of Brighton and Leeds playing like we did last night, and match the likes of Villa, Southampton and Newcastle, none of whom are any better than West Ham.

Don't understand the negativity on here since the match. Some complaining that we aren't good enough to beat the top 6....eh?  :023: 1500.gif

bobby01

So much better I thought, to pick up on toshes point, I do think lookman needs a word in his ear about being a team player, I think he can use the runs from Robinson a lot better, as far as the penalty goes IMO no one should try a panenka, it is just showboating look what I can do style. However it brings us to the point who can take a penalty, in reality we do not even have anyone who can take a decent corner.  A draw was the correct result last night but my main concern now is that we still have Mitro isolated as we attack up the wings, the left or right wide player and Cairney need to be getting into the box as support for him. One thing that stood out in my mind last night was when we lost the ball from a corner, Mitro sprinting back into his own half to make a tackle, great commitment from him.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

ken 44

I agree with your post Colin and believe we are on the right path. Colin are you related to Rick White? I do realize that there will be more Colin Whites around other than yourself if you are then we know each other from days gone by Ken Hamilton.

filham

Yes, the team is looking good but we really must put our chances away, besides the penalty miss Reid had a good opportunity late on.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Statto on November 08, 2020, 09:45:19 AM
Agree with you Colin.

Deserved a draw last night and the best chance of the game (goals aside) actually fell to Reid IMO..

A few weeks ago we looked like finishing 20th without a wimper.

Now it's clear we'll be battling hard for 17th. The last couple of games, we've looked better than the three below us. Also reckon we'd take 3 points off the likes of Brighton and Leeds playing like we did last night, and match the likes of Villa, Southampton and Newcastle, none of whom are any better than West Ham.

Don't understand the negativity on here since the match. Some complaining that we aren't good enough to beat the top 6....eh?  :023: 1500.gif

:plus one:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Pieter A’dam

agree, its improving and we should be getting more results, have been really unlucky too in my opinion; Leeds away we hit the post 4-3 down and should be a draw. Wolves should be a draw when Kamara missed that sitter and we should have won Sheffield, and yesterday could be a draw again, offside goal West Ham and miss the penalty .... nevertheless this is trend that concerns me. But you can't blame Parker for yesterday's event in injury time.

Mince n Tatties

Definitely improvement all round,we need Mitro to get his scoring touch back,missed a great chance again with that header,which he would normally put away.
This is going to be the problem,we don't score enough,and it want be the last game where we play well that we don't get nothing.
But I was pleased with the performance,Robinson and Reed were superb.

grandad

As has been said by many, the game consists of fine margins. If the WH goal was correctly called for a clear offside & Lookman had scored our penalty we would have had 3 points, a clean sheet & 7 points on the board. Fine margins indeed.
Where there's a will there's a wife

colinwhite

Ken ,no relation  ! White isnt my surname