Spurs
2-0
Man City
Man Utd
1-0
West Brom

WhiteJC

Ademola: Looking Forward

Ademola Lookman is well aware of the quality in the Everton ranks, but is backing his Fulham team at Craven Cottage.

The attacker made just shy of 50 appearances for the Toffees earlier in his career, but would be looking forward to our return to action whoever the opposition.

"It was a good time," Lookman said of his spell on Merseyside. "I was there two-and-a-half years and I grew a lot in those years.

"It's a great club, and I'm looking forward to playing against them this weekend. I look forward to every game, though, take each one as it comes, and just embrace the challenge.

"I'm still in touch with a few players. Seamus Coleman I spoke to recently, DCL [Dominic Calvert-Lewin] and Tom Davies I know really well as we spent a lot of time together.

"There's a lot of talent in their squad, they're all great players, so we're going to have to match them on Sunday. We'll be going for the win.

"Our squad's in a good way and I think if we keep working in this way, keep working hard every single day, then we'll get the results that we need."

Sunday will give Fulham the chance to move on from the disappointment of West Ham a fortnight ago.

Lookman's face was one of pure desolation following his missed penalty at the death, and he was quick to thank the supporters for their backing in the aftermath of the defeat.

"The fans backed me 100 per cent, and I want to tell them of my appreciation and love for all of the great messages I received," he said.

"I was devastated after the game, but now it's one of those things that I've got to learn from. That's what I'm going to do, and I'm going to embrace the challenges ahead.

"I've used it as motivation, and now I'm just looking ahead to the next challenge."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/november/Ademola-Looking-Forward/

WhiteJC

Antonee Robinson admits he has point to prove when Everton visit Fulham

Antonee Robinson joined Everton's academy at the age of 11 and left the club on a permanent basis in 2019, before completing a switch to Fulham ahead of the 2020/21 season

Antonee Robinson in action for Fulham (Image: Getty Images)

Antonee Robinson believes he has a point to prove when Everton make the visit to Fulham this weekend.

The Blues will be looking to overturn a poor run of recent form when they travel to Craven Cottage on Sunday lunchtime, following a sequence of three straight defeats in the Premier League before the international break.

However, standing in their way will be a newly-promoted Fulham searching for their first home win in the Premier League this season, and Scott Parker could well call upon a former Everton defender to help his side against Carlo Ancelotti's men.

Robinson joined the Blues academy at the age of 11 and stayed with the club right up until 2019 when he joined Wigan Athletic on a permanent basis following an impressive loan spell.

This summer saw the USA international complete a switch to Fulham and, speaking to the club's official website, he discussed the visit of Everton this weekend.

When asked if it will be strange coming up against his former club, Robinson admitted: "Yeah definitely.

"If I'm involved I'll be looking forward to it, you're always going to be fired up for the games against a club you used to play for.

"I'm looking to go and prove a point, that was a team I wanted to come through and play for when I was growing up.

"Obviously I'm going to want to be playing my best when we play them.

"I'm expecting to see them be pretty direct, as soon as they see the opportunity to go forward and be positive they'll take it. But we can definitely counter that. We can take advantage of that as well.

"As long as we work hard I'm pretty sure we can cut through them and get a lot of chances."

Robinson was handed his Premier League debut at the beginning of October and has now racked up five top flight starts for his new club, including their only win of the campaign so far against West Bromwich Albion.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/antonee-robinson-admits-point-prove-19319225

WhiteJC

Fulham vs Everton

With the final international break out the way, Everton are back in action hoping to get their Premier League campaign back on the rails following three straight defeats that wrecked their 100% start to the season.

The Blues travel to Fulham on Sunday to begin another three-match stretch that could define their season — with eminently winnable games against Leeds and Burnley to follow, Carlo Ancelotti's side could either reassert their European qualification credentials or find themselves still beleaguered by questions and uncertainty over the best formation and personnel.

Everton went into this latest pause for internationals with fitness concerns over Seamus Coleman (and had those concerns fully realised when he was forced to withdraw from the Ireland squad because of his troublesome hamstring; he is ruled out of the trip to Craven Cottage), a patently unfit James Rodriguez, a midfield selection dilemma, and a deepening issue over how to win without Richarlison in the line-up.

The Brazilian is finally eligible again after serving a three-game suspension and escaping injury when he was caught by an ugly, late tackle by Edinson Cavani in a World Cup qualifier against Uruguay and his presence and the extra problems he poses for opposition teams who have only had to worry about keeping James quiet will be a welcome sight.

Although he largely ignored his team's attacking limitations in recent games, Ancelotti refused to blame his team's run of losses on Richarlison's absence, saying in his pre-match press conference yesterday:

"We didn't lose because Richarlison was not there. If he was a defender I can say 'Okay, we lost power there' but he is a striker and we didn't defend properly in the last three games. But he is a really important player for us."

Rodriguez, meanwhile, is unlikely to be at full capacity, however, after playing two 90-minute games for Colombia and that will be a concern for Ancelotti and it might force a rethink on how he deploys the former Real Madrid midfielder. The Italian addressed James's best position but didn't appear to concede that he might need to relieve him of his defensive responsibilities and move him into a more central role.

"His position is as a No 10. It doesn't matter if he's on the right or in the centre. His position is in front," Ancelotti said, intimating that he is comfortable with James nominally playing right midfield but with a license to roam. Of course, that has led to a lack of cover down the right flank and a continuation of that won't help Jonjoe Kenny who is likely to be handed right-back duties in Coleman's absence.

Then there is central midfield where Gylfi Sigurdsson's performance against Manchester United in place of the below-par André Gomes left plenty to be desired and, with Jean-Philippe Gbamin the presumptive solution as a holding midfielder should he be able to regain and retain full fitness but still three weeks away, it means that Ancelotti will need to maintain his quest for balance and reliable cover for the defence from his existing personnel.

Fabian Delph is fit again after missing the United clash with another niggle but it remains to be seen if he will be given a starting berth. Yerry Mina is also in contention again after sitting out the last game to accommodate Mason Holgate's return to the starting XI.

Though condemned by pundits as being doomed for the drop back to the Championship this season, Fulham come into this game sitting above the relegation zone having picked up their first victory recently, a 2-0 home win over West Bromwich Albion.

They might have earned a draw at West Ham in their last outing as well had former Blue, Ademola Lookman, not been made to look a fool by Lukasz Fabianski who easily saved his last-minute attempted "Panenka" penalty that allowed West Ham to hold on for a 1-0 victory.

With Lookman providing plenty of thrust from attacking midfield and more consistency than he showed during his time with the Blues, Scot Parker's side have been showing signs of growing into their task of trying to remain in the top flight. With Everton's recent struggles, this won't be an easy fixture by any means at a stadium that hasn't been a happy hunting ground for them.

A win, though, could put Everton back into the top-four mix and re-inject some confidence into a team that has visibly lost its mojo lately.

Kick-off: 12pm, Sunday 22 November 2020 on BBC One & BBC iPlayer
Referee: Andy Madley
VAR: Lee Mason
Last Time: Fulham 2 - 0 Everton (April 2019)

Predicted Line-up: Pickford, Kenny, Mina, Holgate, Digne, Allan, Doucouré, Gomes, Rodriguez, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/20-21/news/40163.html

WhiteJC

Fulham v Everton: match preview

Carlo Ancelotti says Everton, whose flying start has come off the rails with three straight defeats, need to show a reaction at Fulham. Those setbacks coincided with Richarlison's suspension but the Brazilian is available again and that may spell bad news for Scott Parker, who knows Fulham's improvement must translate into a measure of consistency. Ademola Lookman will be hungry to offer them the necessary cutting edge against the club that sold him 16 months ago. Nick Ames

Sunday noon BBC One

Venue Craven Cottage

Last season n/a

Odds H 3-1 A Evens D 3-1

Referee Andy Madley

This season G2 Y5 R0 2.5 cards/game

FULHAM

Subs from Rodak, Fabri, Le Marchand, Ream, Hector, Odoi, Christie, Robinson, Lemina, Reed, Bryan, Kebano, Cavaleiro

Doubtful Lemina (hamstring)

Injured Tete (calf, 30 Nov), Kongolo (ankle, Jan)

Suspended Kamara (last of three)

Discipline Y18 R1

Form LLDLWL

Leading scorers Mitrovic, Decordova-Reid 2

EVERTON

Subs from Olsen, Lössl, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Mina, Delph, Sigurdsson, Bernard, Davies, Tosun, Simms

Doubtful None

Injured Gbamin (achilles, Dec), Coleman (hamstring, unknown)

Suspended None

Discipline Y15 R2

Form WWDLLL

Leading scorer Calvert-Lewin 8

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/21/fulham-everton-match-preview-premier-league

WhiteJC

Everton Matchday Preview

Fulham v Everton | Craven Cottage | Sunday 22nd November 2020 | 12pm | #FULEVE
The opposition

Carlo Ancelotti identified the need to bolster his midfield in the summer, and he certainly didn't mess around, bringing in proven pedigree in the shape of James Rodriguez, Abdoulaye Doucoure and Allan. James, in particular, has hit the ground running with three goals and four assists in his first eight appearances in English football.
    A cracking start to the season yielded seven consecutive victories in all competitions for the Toffees, leaving them top of the Premier League and in the Quarter-Finals of the Carabao Cup. Now, though, they haven't won a game for seven weeks, losing their previous three league outings.
    Dominic Calvert-Lewin finds himself at the top of the Premier League's scoring charts with eight goals in as many games. It's form which has seen him called up for England duty, something he has taken to quickly, registering two goals in his first five caps.

Fulham team news

Aboubakar Kamara sits out the final game of his ban, but Mario Lemina is back in contention following his return to training. Kenny Tete and Terence Kongolo remain out.

Everton team news

Everton will be delighted to see Richarlison back available on Sunday, after losing all three games that the forward has missed through suspension. Captain Seamus Coleman misses out after picking up a knock on international duty, as does Jean-Philippe Gbamin who is recovering from an Achilles injury.

Coverage

The match will be televised live on BBC One, with coverage starting at 11.40am. Club commentary from Gentleman Jim & Jamie Reid will be available to FFCtv subscribers.

Player insight

Antonee Robinson wants to show Everton what they're missing on Sunday.

The left-back came through the youth ranks at Goodison Park, but departed last year without having made a single first team appearance.

"If I'm involved I'll be looking forward to it," he told FFCtv. "You're always going to be fired up for the games against a club you used to play for.

"I'm looking to prove a point. That was the team that I wanted to come up through and play for when I was growing up, so obviously I'm going to want to be playing at my best when we play them."

Form

Fulham: LDLWL

Everton: WDLLL

Safer Gambling Week

To promote Safer Gambling Week, which runs from 19-25 November, BetVictor have donated their front of shirt sponsorship for this game.

Pre-match quotes

"If we apply ourselves in the way I know we can, we can cause Everton some problems at the weekend."

Scott Parker
Fulham Head Coach

"It will be a difficult game because there will be pressure on us, and there has to be."

Carlo Ancelotti
Everton Manager

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/november/Everton-Matchday-Preview/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker issues rallying cry to Fulham ahead of daunting schedule

Scott Parker has called on his Fulham squad to embrace the challenges ahead as they resume their fight to stay in the Premier League.

The Cottagers have picked up only four points from their opening eight matches, and their next run of fixtures as domestic action resumes does not get any easier.

Following Sunday's visit of Everton, Parker takes his side to pacesetters Leicester and then Manchester City, before hosting defending champions Liverpool on December 12.

After such a daunting schedule, it would perhaps seem inevitable to find your team entrenched in the bottom three with little hope of progress.

Parker, though, feels tackling the elite head on is something to be relished as last season's Sky Bet Championship play-off winners look to prove themselves all over again.

"They (fixtures) don't (get any easier), but this is the division we are in and we all understand that," the Fulham manager said.

"We knew that at the outset and as a team understood the challenge we faced this year.

"The fixtures coming up are big ones, tough ones – but after these five or six, we will go into another five or six and I will get asked the same question and you will get the same answer.

"We are eight games into the season, we have had some real challenges and tough games along the way – and that will be the same story throughout the season.

"I am looking forward to the big challenges in front of us, but as a team we need to rise to that and embrace that."

Parker added: "Since the transfer window shut and players came in, there has been a real understanding on 'this is where we are'.

"We had a quick pre-season and a quick turnaround, hopefully now the players are understanding (our work) a little bit more, understanding the league and what is needed from them."

Everton opened the new campaign with four straight Premier League wins to climb to the top of the table but lost three in a row before the international break.

Parker rejects suggestions Carlo Ancelotti's squad will offer anything less than the sternest of tests.

"Carlo Ancelotti is an incredible coach," the Fulham boss said.

"His CV and what he has done in the game as a manager speaks for itself, so it's not a surprise in any way that he has gone in at Everton and is doing as well as they are.

"They have invested and bought very well in the summer. They have got a real good strength and balance in terms of what they are about.

"I am not surprised where they are because they have got a manager there who is world class. Likewise with their squad, there are some fantastic football players."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/everton/news/scott-parker-issues-rallying-cry-to-fulham-ahead-of-daunting-schedule_423148.html

WhiteJC

Fulham 'ticking all boxes' in effort to end penalty woes – Parker

Fulham will 'tick every box' to make sure penalty kicks don't become an even more serious problem.

So far, Whites have lost four points by fluffing their lines from 12 yards.

First, Aleksandar Mitrovic thundered the bar against Sheffield United – that would have brought a 2-1 win – and then Ademola Lookman trying a 'Panenka' against West Ham in the game's very last kick cost Whites a point.

Since then, Mitrovic, playing for Serbia, saw his vital spot-kick saved that sent Scotland through to the European Championship finals.

Boss Scott Parker isn't saying who will take the next penalty – but the coaching team have put things in place in an effort to make sure there are no more blanks.

"Ade was more disappointed than anyone," Parker said.

"I hope I get him to learn from my experiences. I spoke to him the next day (after the West Ham game); had a long chat.

"We went through the processes, things like 'what was going through your head' – how can we change that?

"What's going to define him is how he deals with it? There is a psychological element to it, but we need to put processes in place and make sure every box is ticked.

"There are a lot of obstacles; is the keeper good at saving them? That psychological thing.

"You can practice and practice, but you can't replicate the match arena atmosphere, but you can go through all the processes to make sure it happens.

"But when whoever puts the ball down, he has to have all those boxes ticked."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-ticking-all-boxes-in-effort-to-end-penalty-woes-parker

WhiteJC

Lookman dropped; Loftus-Cheek returns: Predicted Fulham XI vs Everton

Fulham face Everton at Craven Cottage on Sunday afternoon looking to secure just their second Premier League win of the season as they continue their fight against relegation.

The Cottagers face an Everton side that made a superb start to the 2020/21 Premier League season but dropped off before the international break, losing three consecutive games in the top-flight.

Scott Parker's side meanwhile, impressed in their last game against West Ham, but ultimately succumbed to a 1-0 defeat after a late goal from Tomas Soucek, as well as a missed penalty from Ademola Lookman (per BBC Sport).

The English manager should bear this in mind when selecting his team to face the Toffees and although Lookman has impressed since joining on loan from RB Leipzig, his missed panenka penalty attempt was inexcusable, and he should be dropped to the bench for this game.

Here's how Football FanCast thinks Parker should set his side up to face Everton...

Parker should keep faith in his defence and goalkeeper, as they were unlucky to lose out against West Ham in their last Premier League fixture, with Alphonse Areola, in particular, impressing with his performance in goal.

Tom Cairney and Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa are almost guaranteed starters in Parker's side at the moment, after both of their impressive starts to the 2020/21 season.

Harrison Reed could be the man to nullify the threat of James Rodriguez – the former Southampton man should stick as close as he can to the Colombian as to ensure that he cannot be a creative force for Carlo Ancelotti's side.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek could also add some steel in midfield for Fulham and perhaps help out Ola Aina on the right-hand side defensively, as a lot of Everton's threat comes from the crosses of Lucas Digne on the left, so handing the £21.6 million-rated loanee a start could prove effective if he helps Fulham win the midfield battle.

Finally, Aleksandr Mitrovic and Bobby Reid should start up front, as between them they have four goals in the top-flight this season, which is more than 50% of all the goals the Cottagers have managed, so they can add a goal threat in what will be an important fixture for Parker's side on Sunday afternoon.

https://www.footballfancast.com/fulham-fc-news/fulham-everton-scott-parker-ademola-lookman-ruben-loftus-cheek

WhiteJC

Big Miss – Exclusive: Pundit reacts to early Everton team news pre-Fulham

Michael Brown has insisted Richarlison has been sorely missed by Everton ahead of his return to action against Fulham on Sunday.

The former Cottagers midfielder, speaking exclusively to Football Insider assistant editor Russell Edge, has heralded the talent of the Brazilian forward and suggested he would help the Toffees get their season back on track.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference, Carlo Ancelotti confirmed the 23-year-old was fit and available against the Cottagers after his international exploits with Brazil.

Everton were without Richarlison in their defeats to Southampton, Newcastle and Manchester United due to suspension.

Brown believes the forward's return will help Carlo Ancelotti's men turn their fortunes around after what he has deemed a "steady start" to the season.

Brown told Football Insider: "Some of the stuff he can do, some of the goals he can score, some of the things he has, he's got the lot, hasn't he?

"He's going to be missed for Everton, top of the pitch, he plays in different roles and he can pull out wide as well sometimes to get in dangerous positions. He's been a miss.

"It's been a steady start from Everton. You're looking and sort of saying where could they finish, are we going to challenge higher up? People run away with it to say: 'Well are they now a top-four side?' There's still improvement, still a while away, that's why I say a steady start."

Richarlison has netted once and chipped in with two assists in his five league appearances this season.

Tellingly, the Toffees scored at least two goals in all but one of their Premier League games with the Brazilian but were shut out by Southampton and scored only one versus Newcastle and Manchester United without him.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/big-miss-exclusive-pundit-reacts-to-early-everton-team-news-pre-fulham/

WhiteJC

NEW FOF'cast🎙🎧 TOOFIF Tales

"David Lloyd holds up his TOOFIF book, which available to buy over at Ashwater Press"

In this extended episode of FOF'cast, we welcome on David Lloyd from TOOFIF (There's Only One F in Fulham) along with our regular guests Owen smith and Gerry Pimm.

Those who already know David, will know that he produces the popular FFC fan magazine TOOFIF, that's been going for a number of years now, and regularly sold outside the ground before Fulham games.

David had been having some health issues recently, which had impacted the production of TOOFIF, but, gave us the good news today, that he'd been given the all clear from the big 'C'.

He also shared stories of travelling out to France to interview Jean Tigana, drinking wine at his home, and eating out at restaurant whilst talking nothing but Fulham.

During the show, we also touched on these other FFC related topics;

⚽️ Recent International break and how it may impact Fulham

⚽️ The curious case of Aleksandar Mitrović

⚽️ The Riverside Stand progress

⚽️ Everton Preview

⚽️ Everton Predictions

Thanks once again for listening, and your feedback is always appreciated to help improve future episodes of FOF'cast ..

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=1535

WhiteJC

Everton at Fulham match preview - Toffees look to end poor run at Craven Cottage

The blues head south on the back of three straight defeats

Everton will attempt to revive their flagging season when they take on Fulham on Sunday looking end a run of three successive defeats.

The mood after this latest international break is very different to the previous one in October, where the Toffees resumed domestic action boasting a 100% record in all competitions.

Sadly, things went very wrong very quickly, though as Carlo Ancelotti has been widely preaching, it is wise not to get too carried away with both a run of wins or defeats.

It is clear, though, that the Toffees' performance levels dropped off significantly against Southampton, Newcastle and Manchester United.

All of that cannot be pinned on Richarlison's three-game suspension, though his return is most welcome. The defence is also a concern, with no clean sheet since the opening day of the season and 11 goals shipped in their last five matches.

The third international break of an already congested season meant Ancelotti was unable to work with the majority of the squad over the past fortnight. Let's hope some time away from Finch Farm was just what the team needed to put that rocky run behind them.

The opposition

It certainly hasn't been dull at Craven Cottage in recent years. Two Wembley play-off victories bookend a disastrous 2018-19 Premier League campaign, which saw them win just two of their first 20 matches on route to a 19th-place finish, despite spending in excess of £100m in the transfer market that summer.

Boss Scott Parker has tried a different approach this time, showing more faith with the squad that finished fourth in the Championship before overcoming west London rivals Brentford in the play-off final.

It's hardly been a roaring success so far, though there have been signs of improvement in recent weeks. After losing their first four league games and conceding 11 goals, the Cottagers have taken four points from their next four games while conceding just four.

That haul would have been five points had Ademola Lookman not given us a contender for penalty miss of the decade against West Ham last week (now I've written this, watch him score a wondergoal on Sunday).

It is a stat that is wheeled out every time these two teams meet but I'm going with it anyway: This is the most one-sided fixture in the Premier League when it comes to home wins, with the home side winning 23 of the 28 meetings. Indeed all of Fulham's all-time wins over Everton have come at Craven Cottage.

Previous meeting

Fulham 2-0 Everton - 13 April 2019

Fulham had lost nine games in a row when they last took on Everton in April 2019, with the Toffees heading to Craven Cottage on the back of three straight wins. Almost inevitably, the Toffees lost 2-0.

Recent form

Everton

Manchester United (H) Lost 3-1
    Newcastle (A) Lost 2-1
    Southampton (A) Lost 2-0
    Liverpool (H) Drew 2-2
    Brighton (H) Won 4-2

Fulham

West Ham (A) Lost 1-0
    West Brom (H) Won 2-0
    Crystal Palace (H) Lost 2-1
    Sheffield United (A) Drew 1-1
    Wolves (A) Lost 1-0

Team news

Carlo Ancelotti confirmed defender Seamus Coleman is absent after he suffered a recurrence of hamstring injury while on international duty with the Republic of Ireland.

Richarlison returned from his international duty with Brazil unscathed and will return after his three-game ban. Fabian Delph, Allan and James Rodriguez are also available, while Jean-Philippe Gbamin is only 2-3 weeks away from his long awaited return.

What they said

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti: "We didn't lose [the past three games] because Richarlison was not there," said Ancelotti.

"If he was a defender, I can say, 'Okay we lost power in defence'.

"He is a striker and the problem we had was, we didn't defend properly in the past three games.

"We want to have a reaction, we want to come back to play well, as we did at the start of the season

"There will be pressure on us and there has to be because we didn't do well in the past three games.

"But Richarlison is really important for us, a top player."

Fulham boss Scott Parker: "Carlo Ancelotti is an incredible coach. His CV and what he's done in the game as a manager speaks for itself, so it's not a surprise in any way that he's gone in at Everton and is doing as well as they are.

"They've got a manager there who's world class. Likewise with their squad of players, there's some fantastic football players.

"I think they've invested and bought very well in the summer. They've got a real good strength and balance in terms of what they're about."

Final word

A relatively kind run of pictures in the next few weeks gives Everton the ideal opportunity to revive their season. That said, if they play anything like they did in recent games then their slide down the table is only going to continue.

Fulham have improved in recent weeks but they still look a side likely to spend much of the season near the foot of the table. Everton will only have themselves to blame if they don't pick up all three points.

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2020/11/21/21583211/everton-at-fulham-premier-league-match-preview-team-news-james-rodriguez-richarlison-allan-coleman

WhiteJC

Everton have a golden chance to reboot their season

After three- straight losses, a visit to Fulham could be the tonic for Everton's ills.

Carlo Ancelotti must have been glad to see the international break as his Blues' squad haven't won for four matches, after opening the season with four straight wins.

Currently, Fulham are in 17th place on 4 points and are just a point out of the relegation zone. The Toffees are in seventh with 13 points. So on paper, it looks like the numbers are in Everton's favour.

However, Ancelotti said in his Friday press conference

Fulham didn't start well the season, but it will be an important game because we lost last three games.

We want a reaction, we want to come back and play well las we did the start of the season.

There is a pressure on us, and there has to be as we didn't do as we wanted in the last three games.

Ancelotti will welcome back Richarlison after a three-game suspension and the Brazilian does have a talismanic effect on the Royal Blues, as they haven't won in any of the eight games he missed.

Fulham have one win this season and this season, London is looking like a good place for the Toffees to visit as they have won their last two visits to the capital.

But the Merseysiders still need to be careful. In the last meeting, Fulham won 2-0 at Craven Cottage. Fulham had already been relegated. The Royal Blues in the past have had issues with teams facing relegation. However, Ancelotti looks to have instilled a different attitude.

Two Fulham players have links to Goodison Park in Ademola Lookman and Antonee Robinson.

While Lookman put his name in the headlines by missing a penalty at West Ham. He made a good impression early on after joining Everton from Charlton as scored the fourth goal in a win against Manchester City. He moved on to RB Leipzig for a number of reasons and is currently on loan at Craven Cottage.

US international left-back Robinson came through the the academy but couldn't break into the first team, finally ending up at Wigan before moving to Fulham this summer.

This a match that could have tripped up Everton, before Ancelotti took over. However, the Italian has altered the attitude in the squad. Plus, with Richarlison back and Dominic Calvert-Lewin proving lethal in the box, Everton surely have too much firepower for Fulham.

https://princerupertstower.com/2020/11/21/everton-have-a-golden-chance-to-reboot-their-season/

WhiteJC

Fulham v Everton: How to watch on BBC Sport, BBC One - TV and online

Live Premier League football returns to BBC One on Sunday with Fulham's game with Everton at 12:00 GMT.

Coverage starts at 11:40 on BBC One, the iPlayer and BBC Sport website.

Fulham are in relegation trouble, while Everton have lost their past three games having topped the table earlier this campaign.

The Premier League scrapped its pay-per-view system over the international break until at least the new year, with some games to be shown free on BBC.

Highlights will be available on Match of the Day 2 at 22:40 on BBC One (BBC Two in Wales).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55029934

WhiteJC

Fulham v Everton: Toffees seek London hat-trick

Team news

Mario Lemina has been back in training this week for Fulham and will be assessed ahead of Sunday's match.

Richarlison will make his first Everton appearance having completed a three-match suspension, but Seamus Coleman is ruled out after sustaining an injury on international duty with the Republic of Ireland.

Did you know?

Of all Premier League fixtures to have been played on more than 10 occasions, Fulham v Everton has had the highest percentage of home wins, with 23 of the 28 meetings being won by the hosts, or 82 per cent.

After conceding 10 goals in their first three PL matches this season, Fulham have now shipped only five in their last five, picking up their first victory of the campaign in that run with a 2-0 win over West Bromwich Albion.

Everton have won their last two league matches in London, as many as they had in their previous 26 trips. They last won three straight league fixtures in the capital back in April 1987.

Since he joined the club in 2018, Everton are winless in all eight PL matches in which Richarlison has played no part and have lost all three since his sending-off against Liverpool earlier this season.

Match officials

Referee: Andy Madley. Assistants: Eddie Smart, Derek Eaton. Fourth official: Graham Scott. VAR: Lee Mason. Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1898003

WhiteJC

Premier League clubs feel 'bullied' into bringing back five subs

The Premier League are considering bringing back five subs despite certain clubs opposing the motion but they are resigned to seeing it implemented amid claims of bullying

Several Premier League clubs believe they will be "bullied" into bringing back five substitutes.

Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder has already labelled the campaign being orchestrated by the Big Six as 'selfish'.

But they argue that having five substitutes is necessary to look after the welfare of players.

And buoyed by a change of mind from some managers, it appears the big six are now confident of forcing change and calling for a third vote.

One chief executive said: "How many votes are we going to have until the big clubs get their own way?

"They are being selfish and know that some teams lower down the league will struggle to even name nine substitutes.

"I'm disappointed that some clubs, who originally voted against five substitutes, are ready to change their minds."

He added: "In effect, we're being bullied. Nothing, it appears, will stop the Big Six getting their own way."

Wilder went on to say that fixture congestion for the top clubs comes with the territory of being a successful outfit.

And the Blades boss has insists the short turnaround time for clubs involved in European action is simply part of the game.

He claimed: "I don't think the common man is going to be too sympathetic to the mental aspect of players on £250,000-a-week not getting into an 18-man squad. That's b*llocks as far as I'm concerned.

"My sympathy for them is not huge. If Man City are playing on a Wednesday night in Outer Mongolia and then have to play at 12:30 on a Saturday, they have to play at 12:30 on a Saturday!

"If that helps us, we'll gladly take it because this is the competitive aspect of football."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-five-subs-latest-23047576

WhiteJC

Alphonse Areola has a vital role to play for Fulham this season, says boss Scott Parker

The Cottagers' manager knows on-loan keeper's experience from Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid will be crucial as his side battle against relegation

Scott Parker has backed goalkeeper Alphonse Areola to produce some big performances for Fulham in their battle to beat the drop.

And the Cottagers boss reckons the 27-year-old Frenchman's big-club experience will play a key factor in keeping his club up.

Areola, who is on loan from Paris Saint-Germain and has had previous temporary spells with Villarreal and Real Madrid, was excellent against West Ham prior to the international break.

He will need to be in equally good form in the coming weeks as well with tough away trips to Leicester and Manchester City following today's visit of Everton.

Parker said: "Alphonse is going to be vitally important, he has been important for us since he came in.

"I'm fortunate enough to have two or three very experienced and exceptional keepers but Alphonse, at the moment, has the No.1.

"In the last game he played very well.

"Since he settled in now and is getting to grips with the speed of the Premier League, he has been big for us.

"When you're a team like us this year with the challenges we're going to be facing, your keeper is going to need to stand up and have some unbelievable performances.

"No doubt he will do that for us and be vital.

"It's big for us to have a player with the experience he has in terms of being around the top ilk of clubs in big competitions.

"He brings that experience which will help us and help the players who do not have it.

"They can take things from him and that'll be vitally important."

Another player who impressed in the 1-0 defeat by the Hammers was Andre-Frank Anguissa and Parker knows he and his midfield pals will need to be at it again today.

Parker added: "It's a tough game. They've bought very well in James Rodriguez and Allan's attributes are suited very well to the Premier League.

"Andre Gomes... there's a list of players I can mention.

"We realise the challenges we face but at the same time I'd like to think we've got some quality ourselves. We can hurt them as well.

"Maybe because I played in that position, I realise how important midfield battles are.

"You need to get an edge on it. We're looking forward to that."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alphonse-areola-vital-role-play-23045699

WhiteJC

Jonjoe Kenny claims 'brilliant' Fulham star Ademola Lookman has the confidence to attempt another 'Panenka' penalty despite horror late miss against West Ham

Jonjoe Kenny has lauded his World Cup-winning team-mate Ademola Lookman
    The Everton full back says Lookman has the confidence to try another 'Panenka'
    Lookman's cheeky attempted spot kick against West Ham went horribly wrong

Everton's Jonjoe Kenny won't be surprised if World Cup winning team-mate Ademola Lookman attempts another 'Panenka' penalty despite the criticism he received for fluffing an injury-time equaliser at West Ham a fortnight ago.

Kenny is due to mark Fulham's Lookman at Craven Cottage on Sunday and the pair have a rich shared history having both played for Everton and been part of England's under-20s World Cup-winning side.

'I really love him as a player - he's brilliant,' says Kenny, who is deputising at right-back for Carlo Ancelotti's injured captain Seamus Coleman.

Jonjoe Kenny won't  be surprised if Ademola Lookman (above) tries another 'Panenka' penalty

'If it (the penalty) went in, he's the best player in the world. Unfortunately for him, it never went in. He's got that confidence to go and do that again and not be worried what people say.

'He won't really care what other people say about him as long as he's performing and enjoying his football. It's good to see him getting more game time at Fulham I think he fully deserves it for the kind of player he is.

'I get on really well with Ademola and met him over in Germany when we played Leipzig twice as well. It's nice when we see each other.

'Winning the Under-20s World Cup was a big thing for both of us. He was a star of that team and the memories we made will last a long time.'

Ironically, both players spent time in Germany to further their careers with Kenny playing 34 times for Schalke last season on loan from Everton.

He says the tactical awareness of the Bundesliga has improved him as a player.

'We spent a lot of time speaking about tactics. At half-time, it was very tactical about how we could get at the oppositions' weaknesses,' he revealed.

'In the Premier League, there is a lot of back and forth and counter attacks, whereas over in Germany, it was about discipline and keeping in your shape and trying to use your strengths against their weaknesses a lot and trying to figure that out as quickly as you could.

Lookman and Kenny were both part of the England team which won the 2017 U20s World Cup

'Young English players can get game time over there and once that happens, it helps a lot. You need a run of games to get going. It's hard coming in and out or coming off the bench. But once you get two, three, four games under your belt, it's a lot easier to get into game mode.

'It could have gone any better for me. The fans were unbelievable towards me as soon as I got there. The fans are very close to the club and they would come to training. You have fans nights where players go and sit with the fans or you go to bars where the fans go and you talk with them. It was a real family club, just like Everton and it fitted me perfectly.'

Everton have lost their last three games, coinciding with the suspension of Brazilian star Richarlison. He returns this weekend having scored for Brazil in a midweek World Cup qualifier.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8974203/Jonjoe-Kenny-says-Ademola-Lookman-confidence-attempt-Panenka-penalty.html

WhiteJC

Fulham's Cairney backed for Scotland recall

Fulham boss Scott Parker believes Tom Cairney can force his way into Scotland's European Championships squad.

His appearances for the land of his father started well enough three years ago – and then spluttered to a stop.

After six outings for Scotland Under-21s, Cairney's only two full caps came in a 1-1 draw with Canada in 2017 and an ignominious 1-0 home defeat by Costa Rica in March 2018.

However, that was when Fulham were in the Championship.

Now, they're back in the Premier League, and with Cairney playing well, Parker believes his captain's chances of adding to his caps has been enhanced.

"An extra incentive? I think so," Parker said.

"It's not something so far he's been involved in. At the forefront of his mind will be Fulham, and what he can bring to the Premier League, and so far, he's done that very, very well.

"Tom's taken on exactly what we've asked of him. But like any ambitious player, if he can play well enough for us, he can push his way into the Scotland squad as well."

Scotland will play in their first major tournament for 22 years because Cairney's Fulham team-mate Aleksandar Mitrovic missed a vital shoot-out penalty for Serbia in last week's Nations League qualifier.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/cairney-has-extra-incentive-to-shine-for-fulham

WhiteJC