more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 20/11/20...

Started by WhiteJC, November 20, 2020, 12:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Captain Mitro

Aleksandar Mitrović captained Serbia as they ended the international period on a high with an impressive 5-0 victory over Russia on Wednesday evening.

It was the first time the frontman has led his country out, although he had been given the armband midway through a game last year.

Mitro played the full 90 minutes of the Nations League clash in Belgrade, with the emphatic result meaning Serbia avoided relegation from League B Group 3.

Marek Rodák added two full Slovakia caps to his CV in the last few days. He was in stunning form in a 1-0 win over Scotland on Sunday (see below), but couldn't prevent his side slipping to a 2-0 defeat by the Czech Republic.

The mixed bag of results meant Slovakia finished bottom of their Nations League group.

Neeskens Kebano was the Democratic Republic of Congo's hero in the second of their two meetings with Angola, coming off the bench to bag the only goal of the game.

He had only been on the pitch for 10 minutes when he collected the ball midway inside the opposition half, skipped beyond two Angola players, and lashed a fine strike into the bottom corner from 20 yards.

The win blows Group D wide open in qualifying for the Africa Cup of Nations, with DR Congo now just sitting a point behind pacesetters Gambia and Gabon with two games to play.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/november/Captain-Mitro/

WhiteJC

Alfie Mawson can be Fulham first-team regular if he overcomes injury issues

Alfie Mawson is currently impressing on loan at Bristol City in the Championship, to the extent where Scott Parker must consider him part of his first-team plans for next season.

The centre-back joined Dean Holden's side on a season-long loan in the summer and has impressed with the Robins thus far, having averaged a superb 7.21 rating across his five appearances in the Championship (per WhoScored).

When he joined the club, Bristol City CEO Mark Ashton shared his delight with the signing, saying:

"Alfie will make an excellent addition to Dean's squad and I am delighted to see this deal completed at the beginning of the new season. Alfie is a player we have been interested in for some time and I am pleased to say we have got our man." (per Bristol City)

Since joining from Swansea City in 2018 in a deal that could be worth £20 million, the Englishman has struggled with fitness and injury issues, meaning he has managed to make just 44 appearances in all competitions for the Cottagers thus far (per Transfermarkt).

Unfortunately for the defender, he looks to have picked up another long-term knee injury whilst on loan with Bristol City. However, if he can get himself fit in time for the start of the 2021/22 season with Fulham then there's no reason why he can't be considered a part of Parker's first-team squad, provided he can stay fit.

The Cottagers have managed just one clean sheet in the Premier League this season, which came in the 2-0 win against fellow relegation candidates West Brom, so it could definitely be argued that they will need defensive reinforcements for next season, should they manage to stave off relegation from the top-flight.

One man Fulham were linked to in the recent summer transfer window was Inter defender Milan Skriniar and perhaps if the West London club do stay up, they could reignite their reported interest in the Slovakian international next summer.

https://www.footballfancast.com/fulham-fc-news/alfie-mawson-scott-parker-fulham-milan-skriniar

WhiteJC

Report: Everton player called 'top-class' by Klopp expected to start on Sunday

Everton's Richarlison expects to play for Carlo Ancelotti's side against Fulham on Sunday, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Richarlison was the victim of a fierce tackle from Edinson Cavani in midweek, when representing Brazil.

The Everton forward, who was hailed as 'top-class' by Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp (BBC Sport), said after the game that he could have broken his ankle, if he had been more unfortunate.

However, Richarlison is not thought to have taken any damage, in what looks to be a major boost to Carlo Ancelotti's side.

Richarlison's importance to Everton has been highlighted in recent weeks, as their winning streak has crumbled without him.

The Toffees have lost in all three games that Richarlison has missed with suspension, which has seen them slide down the table.

The pressure will now be on Ancelotti's side to beat struggling Fulham, otherwise they could undo much of the excellent work which saw them lead the Premier League table in the early part of the season.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/11/19/report-everton-player-called-top-class-by-klopp-expected-to-start-on-sunday/

WhiteJC

PL2 player focus: Fulham's Ashby-Hammond and Wickens

Nineteen-year-old goalkeepers share their targets for 2020/21 and offer advice to other young players

Throughout the 2020/21 season we will be getting to know some of the stars of Premier League 2.
Luca Ashby-Hammond and George Wickens (Fulham)

Ashby-Hammond, pictured, says he is a modern goalkeeper comfortable with the ball at his feet, while Wickens has described himself as a vocal presence who likes to command his defence.

The two 19-year-old 'keepers spoke to the club's official website about their hopes for the 2020/21 campaign and what talents they have away from football.

What are your targets for the season?

Ashby-Hammond: Win as many games as possible for Fulham, keep playing well and work on my weaknesses. I would like to go out on loan, get another taste of men's football and develop that side of the game in terms of physicality and the men's all-round game.

Wickens: Making sure I develop as much as possible and work as hard as I can and see where that takes me, whether that is training with the first team every day, being here playing with the U23s or going out on loan. Whatever it is, just making sure I improve as much as I can.
Any advice for budding footballers?

Ashby-Hammond: Football isn't a straight road, it's always up and down, it is tumultuous. You can't get too high when things go well and you can't go too low because then you have to stay very composed and level-headed.

Wickens: You don't get given anything in football, so you need to make your own luck in a way by working hard and doing everything you can.
What hidden talents do you have away from football?

Ashby-Hammond: I used to play county cricket so, if that counts, that's probably my choice.

Wickens: I was all right at badminton, I have got the height. That's my hidden talent. If I wasn't a footballer, I would be a half-decent badminton player.
What was the last TV series you watched?

Ashby-Hammond: I just finished season eight of Homeland, which is very good.

Wickens: I just watched Cobra Kai, which is a follow-on to Karate Kid. It's decent.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1899279

WhiteJC

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Idles bassist Adam Devonshire

Top-of-the-table Leicester travel to injury-hit Liverpool on Sunday, but will the Foxes clinch their fifth-successive away win of the season at Anfield?

BBC Sport football expert Mark Lawrenson said: "This is an even harder game for Liverpool than when they went to Manchester City before the international break.

"There is the threat of Leicester and the way they play with Jamie Vardy, which is so effective - especially away from home.

"But then you have to consider how many players the Reds are missing at the back, and you have to think a draw would be a decent result for Jurgen Klopp's side."

Lawro is making predictions for all 380 Premier League matches this season, against a variety of guests.

This weekend, he is up against Adam Devonshire, bassist with punk band Idles.

Adam grew up in Devon but is a Newcastle fan.

He told BBC Sport: "When I was about nine or 10, everyone started choosing their team in school and everyone seemed to like Liverpool, Arsenal or Manchester United.

"I kind of just thought I want to support someone a bit different. You think you're being a bit outside the box when you do that at that age.

"I really liked the black and white shirts and at the time they had players like Ruel Fox and Andy Cole, who was banging them in, and I thought 'yeah, they're the team for me.'

"So yeah, I chose them... and once you've chosen your team, you're stuck after that, aren't you really?

"The first few years were when we were just taking off under Kevin Keegan and it lulled me into a false sense of security. I thought 'this is what it is always going to be like' and I was wrong.

"We were regulars in Europe for most of the later 1990s and early 2000s and back in the Champions League under Sir Bobby Robson in 2002-03, but it has not been like that in the past 10 to 15 years or so.

"It is very different being a Newcastle fan now."

Devonshire worshipped Alan Shearer when he was growing up but his favourite Newcastle player was someone he felt could model his own game on.

"I was always a defender or a defensive midfielder so David Batty was always my hero," he explained. "I enjoyed putting a tasty challenge in here and there.

"I played for my county and a few adult teams when I was 14 and 15, which was when music kind of took over, really. I realised I was never going to make it or anything like that, so I focused my attention on other things."

Fulham v Everton (12:00 GMT)

Fulham will feel they should have got something from their visit to West Ham and, if they get a penalty in this game, it's safe to say that Ademola Lookman will not be taking it.

Everton haven't won for a while now - after drawing the Merseyside derby they have lost their past three league games.

So, this has become a big game for Carlo Ancelotti's side. They began the season in excellent form but they are on a poor run and they really need to kickstart their campaign with a win at Craven Cottage.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Adam's prediction: We beat Everton when James Rodriguez wasn't playing but when everyone is fit, the core team that they've got could beat anyone in the Premier League. 0-2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54966917

WhiteJC

Gomes To Return, Sigurdsson On The Bench | 4-3-3 Everton Predicted Lineup Vs Fulham

Everton will trade blows with Fulham at Craven Cottage on Sunday afternoon as they look to secure maximum points on the road. The Toffees suffered a 3-1 home loss at the hands of Manchester United before the international break. Hence, we can expect them to be hungry for the win when they lock horns with the Cottagers this weekend.

Carlo Ancelotti will stick with his favoured 4-3-3 formation and might bring Andre Gomes back for this upcoming league encounter at the English capital. However, the Merseyside club will be sweating on the fitness of Seamus Coleman, Richarlison, Fabian Delph and Allan ahead of this clash on Saturday.
4-3-3 Everton Predicted Lineup To Face Fulham
Defence

Jordan Pickford will operate in goal for the Toffees despite shipping in three goals versus Man United in his last league outing. Mason Holgate will partner Michael Keane at the centre of the Everton backline as they look to keep Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrović quiet during the game.

If Seamus Coleman can pass a late fitness test, then he will feature as the right-back while Lucas Digne remains a guaranteed starter at left-back. Ancelotti will ask both of them to join in on the attack at every chance they get so that they can provide enough support to the front players throughout the 90 minutes.

Midfield

Ancelotti's midfield will be comprised of Andre Gomes, Allan (if he recovers in time) and Abdoulaye Doucoure as they will focus on dominating the battle at the centre of the park. All three of them have worked well together so far this season and will also be responsible for orchestrating some decent goal-scoring opportunities in the opposition half.

As mentioned earlier, Fabian Delph is a concern, so he might be named on the bench if he can make himself available this weekend.
Attack

Richarlison, Dominic Calvert-Lewin and James Rodriguez will make up the Everton frontline. Ancelotti will be worried about Richarlison's availability, but the other two are nailed-on starters on Sunday.

Cenk Tosun and Alex Iwobi will be available for selection on the Toffees bench as they await their chance to feature as the second-half substitutes if needed.

https://the4thofficial.net/2020/11/gomes-to-return-sigurdsson-on-the-bench-4-3-3-everton-predicted-lineup-vs-fulham/

filham

Lawro predicting us to lose again, that helps , always feel our chances are better  when Lawro is against us.

gang

If he keeps predicting us to lose we could end up champions.

mrmicawbers

Yep keep it up Lawro.He looks like a bag of laughs too,miserable git

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: mrmicawbers on November 20, 2020, 01:36:52 PM
Yep keep it up Lawro.He looks like a bag of laughs too,miserable git
It's being so cheerful that keeps him going!!
🤣⚽️👍
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"