Villa v Brighton

Started by St Eve, November 21, 2020, 04:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Brighton 1 up. We really need Villa to win

gang

St Eve

Statto

Agree a Villa win would have been the preferred the result but actually, with 30 games still to go I can see these two teams finishing quite close to each other anyway... neither will finish in the top half but both have enough to stay out of the bottom 4... IMO

WindyCity

Yep, we need a Villa win or draw.  That said, BHA is a very good side.  I think they are better than their record currently shows.  They've had some real tough results against good competition, and should have come away with more than they did in several games.  Very good side, imo.

Jules

Brighton are tough to break down. Wellbeck still has quality. We should have taken him as an option to Mitro

St Eve

St Eve

WindyCity

Quote from: St Eve on November 21, 2020, 04:54:05 PM
VAR overturned

Probably the correct decision, after seeing the replay.  Didn't look a penalty.

Jules

Agree, correct decision. He played for it/dived

Gezza

Still don't understand why that wasn't a penalty !

KJS

Clearly got the ball 1st no penalty was correct call

KJS

Quote from: Jules on November 21, 2020, 04:40:38 PM
Brighton are tough to break down. Wellbeck still has quality. We should have taken him as an option to Mitro

Good player but extremely injury prone

sarnian

Quote from: KJS on November 21, 2020, 05:22:11 PM
Clearly got the ball 1st no penalty was correct call

Bet if it had been Harry Kane that had been kicked it wouldn't have been overturned.

filham

Brighton begining to look like a solid team and we now need a win to avoid being cast adrift in a relegation bunch.

Sgt Fulham

Calling Brighton a very good side is slightly overstating it. They are a good side like every other team in the Premier League, but relative to the other teams they are average. I think they are a cut above the bottom 4, just like all the other teams outside of our little cohort and so I'm not sure today's result matters that much.

davew

Quote from: filham on November 21, 2020, 05:45:13 PM
Brighton begining to look like a solid team and we now need a win to avoid being cast adrift in a relegation bunch.
We are already adrift, the question is how far will the gap be come Tuesday morning?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

jarv

I watched the game. Greta entertainment for the neutral. Both teams looked good but have flaws in their game. However, a bad result for Fulham and the rest of the bottom 4. Getting cut adrift.