Started by SP, November 20, 2020, 07:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

If so, you can go ape sh*t in there & you only get a police caution:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eRL2KPdIFBo

Strange times indeed...

filham

sunburywhite

Was that the Merlot section they devastated?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

All people, young and old, are having their mental health seriously affected by this whole situation. Effectively house arrest of the whole country, people losing relatives, jobs, houses and livelihood.
It's not something to mock or sneer at. Not condoning her actions, but there is probably so much more to this story.

gang

The current situation is not an excuse for this behavour, the shop assistants were entitled to expect more from the lawcourts in order to prevent others doing the same.

Twig

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 21, 2020, 11:43:09 AM
All people, young and old, are having their mental health seriously affected by this whole situation. Effectively house arrest of the whole country, people losing relatives, jobs, houses and livelihood.
It's not something to mock or sneer at. Not condoning her actions, but there is probably so much more to this story.

Sorry but it's not really even close to house arrest.  We can all go out shopping for quite a wide range of goods and services. We can all go out and exercise in the company of another person.  We can walk dogs and talk to other dog owners.  We have the use of our cars.

I do agree one shouldn't mock those suffering mental health problems but the parallel with house arrest is gross exaggeration.

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: gang on November 21, 2020, 11:52:02 AM
The current situation is not an excuse for this behavour, the shop assistants were entitled to expect more from the lawcourts in order to prevent others doing the same.

Agreed. No excuse for this behaviour.

Stevieboy

I'll bear that in mind at full time on Sunday  064.gif

john dempsey

Bloody hell ITV's supermarket sweep
has gone rogue..

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Twig on November 21, 2020, 12:45:48 PM

Sorry but it's not really even close to house arrest.  We can all go out shopping for quite a wide range of goods and services. We can all go out and exercise in the company of another person.  We can walk dogs and talk to other dog owners.  We have the use of our cars.

I do agree one shouldn't mock those suffering mental health problems but the parallel with house arrest is gross exaggeration.

Cant go on holiday.
Cant go to the pub.
Cant go to restaurants.
Cant go to football.
Cant see friends.
Cant see family.
Cant do much, without the risk of being fined or arrested.

So yes, it is remotely close to house arrest.

Southcoastffc

"All people, young and old, are having their mental health seriously affected by this whole situation. Effectively house arrest of the whole country, people losing relatives, jobs, houses and livelihood.
:All people......having their mental health affected" Miight  you want to reconsider, and rewrite  what you said here?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 21, 2020, 03:18:46 PM

Cant go on holiday.
Cant go to the pub.
Cant go to restaurants.
Cant go to football.
Cant see friends.
Cant see family.

This is where having more than one wife and mistress and girlfriend comes in handy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on November 21, 2020, 10:02:28 AM

Hope they paid for the damage.

She needs to pay for the damage and sent to a salt mine in Siberia for a month, and I guarantee she would not do that again in a hurry.
Rather than make excuses for cretins, they need to take responsibility for their actions. Otherwise every cretin and his or her dog will use the old chestnut of not being toilet trained when they were younger, because they know that a soppy social worker will indulge their nonsense. 

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 21, 2020, 03:18:46 PM

Cant go on holiday.
Cant go to the pub.
Cant go to restaurants.
Cant go to football.
Cant see friends.
Cant see family.

Rubbish. I went cycling with a friend yesterday. Today I saw my daughter and grandson (outdoors). This week I made arrangements to go to Madeira to see some dear friends, subject to COVID restrictions at the time.

If you seriously think this is even close to house arrest then dream on.

Andy S

I wouldn't dream of making excuses for the perpetrator of that crime but I put my faith in the hands of the magistrate who dealt with the case. They have all the facts in front of them and they make the correct judgement.

Woolly Mammoth

Many magistrates are pussy cats, liberal softees who have never had to fight for anything, and they do not live in the real world.
They follow a hidden agenda, they do not represent the population, if you actually feel that you can rely on justice being administered to make the punishment fit the crime then you are at the very least deluded.

Never forget your Roots.