more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 21/11/20...

Started by WhiteJC, November 21, 2020, 12:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Richarlison 'Confident' of Winning Fitness Race to Play Against Fulham

Despite late injury fears, Everton have been dealt a major fitness boost ahead of their Premier League visit to Fulham on Sunday.

According to the Liverpool Echo, Richarlison 'is confident he will be fit to face Fulham' and will duly make a first Everton appearance in over a month, following a three-game suspension and the international break.

The 23-year-old was the subject of a dangerous stamp from Manchester United forward Edinson Cavani in Brazil's 2-0 triumph over Uruguay in midweek.

He has since commented publicly on the reckless challenge which saw him on the receiving end of Cavani's vicious stamp, for which the 33-year-old was sent off.

"I think it was a [fight for the ball], he went over the top," said Richarlison in comments sourced via superesportes.com.

"If my foot was stuck I might have broken my ankle, but I think it was not in badness, he tried to steal the ball and ended up missing", the Toffees striker added.

In a huge boost for Everton, Richarlison seems to be unscathed from the challenge and has managed to avoid any serious injury as a result. He is reportedly due back at the club's Finch Farm training ground before Saturday.

Read Everton Verdict

Despite Cavani's recklessness, Richarlison has done well to remain match-fit and unharmed by injury.

It seems Ancelotti's plans have not been affected with the news that the Brazilian could return to feature this weekend. That could be a welcome boost as Everton hope to win for the first time in five games.

https://readeverton.com/2020/11/20/richarlison-confident-fit-fulham-everton/

WhiteJC

Former Southampton and Fulham midfielder on trial at Cheltenham Town

Big chance to impress for Gloucestershire student

Midfielder James Sunley has been offered a chance to impress on trial with Cheltenham Town.

The Jersey-born midfielder, 17, caught the eye in action for Tuffley Rovers Under-18s during the FA Youth Cup first round tie at the Jonny-Rocks Stadium, which the Robins won 4-0.

Despite the final result, Hartpury student Sunley was one of the outstanding performers on the night and he could now be set to earn a move to the League Two club.

Sunley is in his second and final year of a Level Three Extended Diploma and part of Hartpury's successful football academy.

He has also appeared for Tuffley's senior side in the Hellenic League Premier Division this season, scoring once in three starts since beginning with two substitute outings.

Sunley has previously spent time with Fulham and Southampton and despite suffering knockbacks at both clubs, he retains a burning desire to make it in the professional game and is expected to spend several weeks training full-time with Cheltenham.

"My ambition is to go full-time and play at the highest level possible," Sunley told Gloucestershire Live after his sparkling FA Youth Cup display.

"I had to sacrifice things to move to the UK and I've set my goals and been on trial many times, but nothing has ever materialised so I'm still fighting for my opportunity to make it.

"Coming from what I call a 'bubble' in Jersey to being on trials in Category One academies is a step up, but now I think I've matured and I'm ready to try reach my goals and be successful."

During his time on trial with Fulham, Sunley played alongside Liverpool prospect Harvey Elliott, who is now on loan at Blackburn Rovers.

He rates the best player he has faced as Arsenal's Miguel Azeez.

When discussing the Youth Cup defeat at Cheltenham, whose goals came from Zac Guinan, Felix Miles (2) and an own goal, Sunley said: "I felt we were the better team for the first 15 to 25 minutes, but couldn't capitalise.

"I think 4-0 was a little harsh but they were clinical when they had to be, which is why they went through."

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-southampton-fulham-midfielder-trial-4719346

WhiteJC

Jurgen Klopp details six Premier League managers have changed their mind on five subs

The EFL announced this week that they would be allowing clubs to use five subs in games for the rest of the season, and while the Premier League are yet to do likewise, more managers are in favour of making the change

Jurgen Klopp insists a growing number of Premier League managers are pushing for five substitutes to be allowed in matches.

The EFL announced this week that its clubs would be able to make use five subs in matches as of this weekend.

But the Premier League, despite introducing a rule to allow five changes during 2019-20's Project Restart, reverted to three subs for 2020-21, even though the rest of Europe's major leagues continued with the added amount.

Some bosses have been outspoken on the subject, insisting that it hands an unfair advantage to the league's bigger clubs.

But amid this season's compressed schedule and with an increase in muscle and fatigue injuries, discussions have been held over allowing five subs to be used for the remainder of the campaign.

At a Premier League meeting on Wednesday, managers discussed the situation, with Klopp confirming a number of opinions have been changed.

"People need to understand football players. People say: 'Oh, but they earn this much.' It's not about that. They earn that much because they are so special," said Klopp, speaking to Jamie Redknapp for the Daily Mail.

"There are actors who are brilliant but will never be James Bond. But as a James Bond, you earn more than others. With football, it's the same. So many people play football and the best of them earn more. But that doesn't make them more robust for everything in life. On Wednesday we had a meeting between all of the managers and it was so important.

"Before the season, some people thought it would be an advantage for us, the people who said we should stick to five substitutions. But it was never — and I can promise you this, I'm a Christian — it was not for one second about having an advantage.

"All the other countries did it. Italy — Juventus, Inter Milan, they have the biggest squads, but still the other clubs said, 'We need five subs.'

"Six managers changed their minds. We need it. For the players, not the clubs. December and January in a normal season is brutal. We know that. But this year, for the Champions League and Europa League clubs, October is like December. November is like December. December is still December, then January, then February.

"We all agree we want to play, 100 per cent. But it's little adjustments."

Liverpool have been bitten by injuries more than most, with Virgil van Dijk joined on the long-term injury list by Joe Gomez during the international break - an injury England boss Gareth Southgate was down to the current packed schedule as much as anything else.

Klopp continued: "It's not about me. It's not about Liverpool. It's about player welfare. Nothing else. The problem is if you ask the players, they say, 'I'm fine!' Because players always want to play. Always. Until they are injured."

Champions Liverpool face table-toppers Leicester City on Sunday.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-five-subs-23040220

WhiteJC

Safer Gambling Week

This Sunday will see Fulham's players sport special shirts as part of Safer Gambling Week.

The Club's main team partner BetVictor have donated their front of shirt sponsorship for this weekend's match against Everton to raise awareness of the campaign.

Safer Gambling Week is a cross-industry initiative between online gaming companies, the Betting & Gaming Council (BGC) and other organisations dedicated to ensuring player protection and customer welfare.

The Everton fixture will mark the first time that a front-of-shirt gambling brand sponsor has donated their own branding for a charity campaign during a Premier League match, with the Safer Gambling Week logo, rather than BetVictor, displayed on Fulham's shirts.

BetVictor have also donated their advertising space on the big screens, matchday programme, and LED boards at Sunday's game.

Rob Smith, BetVictor's Chief Legal & Compliance Officer, said: "Safer Gambling and player protection is at the core of BetVictor's business, and Safer Gambling Week provides us with an opportunity to help raise awareness of the seriousness of problem gambling to the wider community."

To learn more about safer gambling, you can visit BetVictor's portal, or the Safer Gambling Week website.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/november/Safer-Gambling-Week/

WhiteJC

Behind Enemy Lines: Fulham (A)

Everton look to bounce back after 3 successive defeats against relegation favourites Fulham at Craven Cottage on Sunday.

It's been a tough few weeks for Everton since the Derby draw, but this weekend's fixture is the perfect opportunity to regroup after the international break and right the wrongs of the recent slump.

Besides the recent injury to Seamus Coleman while on international duty, Everton look to have their first choice XI available for the first time in a month, with Richarlison finally returning from suspension after his dangerous tackle on Thiago Alcantara. Everton have still not won a Premier League game in which he did not play since his arrival at the club, but fortunately are not presented with that situation this week.

Fulham enter the match off the back of a tough loss at the London Stadium in which former Everton youngster Ademola Lookman attempted a panenka penalty to equalize late in the match but was comfortably denied by Fabianski and was heavily criticized, and fairly so, in the aftermath. It's safe to say that Evertonians should be expecting and demanding a win in order to get the season back on track.

On this edition of Behind Enemy Lines, I spoke to Ben from the Fulhamish Podcast to gauge his thoughts before Sunday's early kickoff.

Q: Fulham currently sit in 17th, one point clear of the drop zone. What has gone well and what has gone wrong for the Cottagers and how can they escape relegation?

A: In the early portion of the season, it's easier to list the things that went wrong for Fulham. We had an uncompetitive back-line that was incredibly porous, a slow and lethargic passing style, and a formation with very little structure. However, since deadline day there has been an uptick in form and we have been unlucky not to secure wins against Sheffield United, and a draw against West Ham. Defensive reinforcements have been bought in and finally, Parker has found balance in the midfield. Ultimately, we are going to need more goals to avoid relegation, but there are certainly green shoots for Fulham.

Q: What are your thoughts on Fulham's transfer business and what do you believe is Scott Parker's long term plan for Fulham?

A: Our transfer business has been a mix of securing PL calibre players on loan who can shore Fulham up, such as Joachim Andersen, Ruben-Loftus Cheek, and Ola Aina, whilst also adding in a very talented crop of players who have great potential for very little cost in Antonee Robinson, Tosin Adarabioyo and Kenny Tete. Our downfall is that our Director of Football left Fulham to be incredibly uncompetitive in the opening 5 games of the season as his attention was on wrestling and the Jags. Scott has transformed Fulham a few times, from a passing heavy team replicating Jokanovic football, to a sturdy team that holds on to slim leads. Now it seems to be about building from the back and using the transitions more efficiently, which is beginning to come to the fore now. Scott is talented and I hope we stick with him.

Q: One of Fulham's stand out performers so far, panenka penalty aside, is former Everton starlet Ademola Lookman. What has he added to Parker's squad since his arrival?

A: Undoubtedly Ademola has brought to Fulham unrivaled pace, the ability to take on defenders in dangerous areas, and the ability to conjure something out of nothing. There are times where he needs to release the ball quicker, and you'd like to see him convert more chances, but it'll come eventually as he matures. There is no debate that he has been one of our best performers this season.

Q: After a hot start, Everton have now lost 3 games running since Richarlison's suspension. Where do you think Everton will eventually finish and why?

A: 6th. Ancelotti has done some wonderful things with Everton and, in my opinion, is one of the greatest managers in the world. However, when the key players aren't there, there does seem to be a drop off in the quality of play. Against Newcastle the passing was very slow, lethargic and lacked aggression. With key players back Everton can pick up form, but does seem to be hinging around that trio of Richarlison, James and DCL.

Q: Who will win the match at Craven Cottage on Sunday?

A: Nobody, I'd love a draw!!

So there we have it! I personally think a draw is quite bit optimistic from Fulham's point of view, especially considering the Toffees will be bringing a potentially fully fit XI. I personally expect nothing but a win from this match, and will be very disappointed with anything less than the three points. I'll go for a 4-1 win on the road. My thanks to Ben, you can find the Fulhamish Podcast on Twitter @FulhamishPod! Thank you for reading, and I'll see you all for my Player Ratings article directly after what will hopefully be a big victory for the Blues. Up The Toffees!

https://www.grandoldteam.com/2020/11/20/behind-enemy-lines-fulham-a/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker must consider giving Tyrese Francois a chance in his first-team

Scoring goals has been a problem for Fulham so far this season, with the Cottagers having managed just seven goals in their opening eight Premier League fixtures.

This suggests that Scott Parker's side are really lacking some creativity in midfield, as well as someone who can take the strain off Aleksandar Mitrovic, with the Serbian having contributed two of those seven goals in the top-flight.

Fortunately for the West London club, they have an academy talent in Tyrese Francois, whose performances for the U23s in recent seasons suggest that he is more than ready to make his mark in the Fulham first-team.

The 20-year-old midfielder has grabbed two goals and one assist in just two appearances for the U23 side so far this season and is clearly pushing for a promotion to the first-team, having made his second appearance for the club – a 19-minute cameo after a 10-minute one in the same competition last term – earlier this season in the 2-0 win against Sheffield Wednesday in the Carabao Cup.

Francois' debut came in a 1-0 defeat against Southampton in the same competition early last season, suggesting that he has been pushing for a first-team spot for some time now, and Parker must be well aware of his talent.

Following the win against Sheffield Wednesday, the Fulham manager was full of praise for Francois and fellow youngster Fabio Carvalho, saying:

"I thought they were brilliant. They did really well, to be fair.

"They've trained really well with us over the last few weeks. I thought they were positive when they came on and they created a few chances as well, so I was really pleased for those boys.

"Tyrese and Fabio, two very good football players who I'm sure will have a bright future here." (per FTBL)

Therefore, Francois is clearly knocking on the door for Parker's side and considering their lack of creativity this season, it might be worth giving him a chance in the first-team.

His Fulham profile suggests that he is "not the most physical, however, [he] makes up for it with excellent technical ability and skill. He has a lot of pace on and off the ball and is very alert in and out of possession" which sounds exactly like the sort of player the Cottagers might need right now.

https://www.footballfancast.com/fulham-fc-news/scott-parker-tyrese-francois-cottagers-fulham

WhiteJC

Fulham v Everton

Everton forward Richarlison scored in Brazil's 2-0 win away to Uruguay on Tuesday

TEAM NEWS

Fulham head coach Scott Parker has reported no new fitness concerns following the international break.

Aboubakar Kamara is still banned, while Mario Lemina will be monitored after missing the last game through injury.

Everton captain Seamus Coleman is ruled out after suffering a recurrence of a hamstring problem whilst with Ireland.

James Rodriguez, Yerry Mina, Allan and Richarlison are available despite lengthy journeys to take part in South American World Cup qualifying.

Richarlison could make his first Everton appearance for a month after completing a three-match suspension, while Fabian Delph is also back in contention after missing the defeat by Manchester United with a minor injury.

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Fulham will feel they should have got something from their visit to West Ham and, if they get a penalty in this game, it's safe to say that Ademola Lookman will not be taking it.

Everton haven't won for a while now - after drawing the Merseyside derby they have lost their past three league games.

So this has become a big game for Carlo Ancelotti's side. They began the season in excellent form but they are on a poor run and they really need to kick-start their campaign with a win at Craven Cottage.

Prediction: 0-2

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

The respective home side has won 82% of Premier League games between Fulham and Everton (23 of 28). It's the highest percentage of any fixture contested over 10 times.
    All 14 of Fulham's victories in the 50 top-flight meetings have come at home.
    The most recent encounter ended 2-0 to Fulham at Craven Cottage in April 2019, earning their first points under Scott Parker.

Fulham

Fulham are the only side yet to score in the opening 15 minutes of their Premier League games so far this season.
    The Whites have also conceded five times in the opening quarter of an hour, the highest figure in the top flight.
    Scott Parker's side have trailed for 366 minutes this season, more than any other top-flight club.
    They conceded 10 goals in their opening three league matches, but have only let in five in their subsequent five fixtures.
    Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored two and assisted two of Fulham's seven Premier League goals this term, all registered against newly-promoted opposition.
    Captain Tom Cairney is set to play his 50th Premier League game.

Everton

The Blues could lose four consecutive Premier League matches for the first time in 13 months.
    It would also be the first time in Carlo Ancelotti's managerial career that he has lost four league games in a row.
    Everton have conceded at least twice in each of their past five top-flight fixtures.
    The Toffees could earn three successive victories in London for the first time since 1987.
    Everton have not won a Premier League match without Richarlison since he joined in 2018, drawing four and losing four of eight such games.
    James Rodriguez has not scored or assisted in any of his three Premier League away appearances, compared to three goals and three assists in four matches at Goodison Park.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54948354

WhiteJC

Lemina remains a doubt for Fulham's clash with Everton

Scott Parker has the double headache of assessing returnees from international duty and a touch-and-go situation for Mario Lemina before selecting his team to face Everton on Sunday.

The Southampton midfielder hasn't featured since the 2-1 home defeat by Crystal Palace at the end of October, when he was withdrawn with a hamstring injury, and Fulham's head coach is not confident he will return this weekend.

"Mario has been training the last week, and he's a lot closer than he was," Parker said.

"But this game may come a bit too quick. We'll see and we'll make a decision a bit closer the time."

Fulham lost seven squad members to their countries during the break, and all seven's first training session back with their club was on Friday morning.

"The good news is that everyone's back and healthy, but getting players back late brings its own problems," Parker added.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/lemina-remains-a-doubt-for-fulhams-clash-with-everton

WhiteJC

Ancelotti admits the pressure is on Everton ahead of Fulham test

The Toffees head to west London seeking to avoid a fourth successive defeat

Carlo Ancelotti covered a wide array of subjects during Friday's news conference previewing the weekend trip to Fulham.

Starting with Sunday's game and the Italian admits there is pressure on his side after a run of three successive defeats saw the Toffees tumble out of the top four.

They take on a Fulham side who lost their first four matches of the season but have shown signs of improvement in recent weeks, claiming four points from their last four games, though that would have been five had Ademola Lookman not missed a last-minute penalty with a disastrous attempt and a Panenka at West Ham last time out.

"Fulham didn't start well the season, but it will be an important game because we lost last three games.

"We want a reaction, we want to come back and play well las we did the start of the season.

"There is a pressure on us, and there has to be as we didn't do as we wanted in the last three games. "

Ancelotti also welcomed the extra day's recovery thanks to the game being switched to Sunday for live broadcast on the BBC:

"Really important. We played against Liverpool on Saturday at midday and for the players it wasn't the best to prepare for this game. The extra day is really better."

The issue of dementia among former footballers and a possible link to heading the ball has been in the headlines this week following the death for 1966 World Cup winner Nobby Stiles and dementia diagnosis of his former team-mate Sir Bobby Charlton.

The Professional Footballers' Association is creating a taskforce to further examine the issue of brain injury diseases in football and Ancelotti has welcomed the news of further research into the subject:

"Of course, every research they do for this is welcome. Its true that 40 years ago, when I played there was not the control that the players has in this period for everything.

"The players now are more controlled, but it's an aspect we have to take into consideration seriously because players welfare is most important.

'In the past a lot of players had problems, not only with dementia but other things is a concern for everyone, so the research is welcome."

When asked whether he was concerned about his own health, he added:

"Now, I think that we have to support the research for the future, not for the past because the past, unfortunately is the past, what happened to us in the past, we never know what is going on in the future.

"Some players from the past had big problem and fortunately, until now I didn't have a problem but, of course, I am worried about this."

Switching back to the current squad and Ancelotti was, perhaps unsurprisingly, asked about James Rodriguez.

The forward released a statement on Thursday evening denying reports of a dressing-room bust-up after their World Cup qualifying defeat to Uruguay.

Ancelotti says he has not spoken to James about the issue, while also revealing what he thinks his best position is:

"Really I didn't talk to him about this, because I think it's not our problem. I think now they [him and Mina] have to be focused on our games.

"His [James'] position is number 10. It doesn't matter if he is a little to the right, his best position is to the front. It doesn't matter in the middle or to the right. Every game he has played in the front."

And, finally, some transfer rumours. Isco and Sami Khedira have both been linked with Everton in recent days, but Ancelotti, unsurprisingly, wasn't having any of it:

"Isco is a rumour from the press, from the media, not a rumour that went out from our side. We are not talking about the market in this period, we are talking about the problem we had and working to solve this problem. He's a Real Madrid player."

"I have good memories of Sami khedira, a fantastic professional. I would love to work with him but unfortunately he's not the only one. I had many fantastic players in my career, but to come here to Everton is another thing to consider."

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2020/11/20/21579381/carlo-ancelotti-everton-fulham-preview-2020-isco-khedira-transfer-rumours-james-rodriguez-colombia

WhiteJC

Scott Parker backs Mitrovic and Lookman to recover from penalty disappointments

Fulham boss Scott Parker maintains Serbia frontman Aleksandar Mitrovic will not be left dwelling long on what might have been after his penalty miss saw Scotland book their place at the Euro 2020 finals.

David Marshall saved Mitrovic's spot-kick in last week's shoot-out in Belgrade, which sent Scotland through to a major tournament for the first time since 1998.

Mitrovic was the top scorer in the Sky Bet Championship last season with 26 goals to spearhead Fulham's successful promotion campaign.

Parker is confident it will not be long before the 26-year-old shrugs off the setback to again focus on Fulham's Premier League survival battle, which continues with the visit of Everton on Sunday.

"Mitro has just come in today (from international duty), of course he is disappointed with Serbia not qualifying and missing a penalty, but he is a strong personality," Parker said.

"As a centre-forward, you need to have that mentality about you, when you always put yourself on offer (to take a spot-kick), then there are always opportunities where you are going to be highlighted.

"Fine margins between success and failure are so little but again what determines how people react from that is the most important.

"I have no doubt that come the weekend, Alex will be raring to go."

In contrast to last season's fine form, Mitrovic has not scored in the Premier League since his brace during the 4-3 defeat at Leeds on September 19.

Parker, though, feels the former Newcastle striker should not be too hard on himself.

"As always, people always judge a lot of things on goals, certainly when you are a centre-forward," said Parker.

"I think his last two performances in terms of a work ethic and what we need from him as a team have been exceptional.

"There is no denying I am sure he would say exactly the same, as a centre-forward, they really judge their own overall performance on goals.

"That has not quite happened for Mitro over the last few weeks but like anything I am sure that is going to turn in the near future."

Fulham lost 1-0 at West Ham before the international break – after Ademola Lookman fluffed his Panenka-style penalty deep into stoppage-time at the London Stadium.

Lookman, 23, appeared inconsolable after his spot-kick mishap and vowed to come back stronger.

Parker has been impressed with how the on-loan RB Leipzig forward handled the fall-out with a positive mindset rather than just left mulling it all over again during the international break.

"Like with most things in life, and certainly in football, you need to learn from those mistakes and have those conversations, which we have as well, and move on very quickly," the Fulham boss said.

"You have to practise and get better, understand the processes and decisions made, see where we can improve.

"Ade is going to be vitally important for us this year, he is going to be a big player for us, which we are going to need."

Parker added: "He has that other bit to him where he wants to get better, wants to improve, spends a lot of time on his game and I have seen that over the last 10 days."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/everton/news/scott-parker-backs-mitrovic-and-lookman-to-recover-from-penalty-disappointments_423052.html

WhiteJC

Fulham 'ready for the fight' as tough fixtures loom after international break, says Alphonse Areola

Alphonse Areola says Fulham are ready for their horror run of games following the international break.

Scott Parker's side, who have managed just one win so far this season, host Everton this weekend before facing Leicester, Manchester City and Liverpool.

It is a daunting run for a team already in a fight to stay up this season, but Areola is confident he and his back four are starting to gel and that Fulham are prepared.

"We'll be ready," said the French goalkeeper. "We are working very hard every day, nobody can see that but only we can feel that we are working very hard. We will be prepared. The gaffer will not have to talk about the names or the games, we'll be ready for the fight and the challenge.

"We had lots of new players, we had to get our time together to stick and have the same objective. We are improving and we can see every game that we are not conceding as much as the beginning. It is about mentality, we are on the right way.

"The season is long, we had tough games, conceded goals, but I think we did lots of positive things. We have to keep these and move forward, move forward and be strong together."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-ready-fight-tough-fixtures-alphonse-areola-b75016.html

WhiteJC

Report: West Ham and Fulham target will reject January move, Cottagers don't convince him

Kai Wagner has no plans to leave Philadelphia Union in the winter despite interest from Premier League duo West Ham United and Fulham, according to Transfermarkt.

With Union flying high at the top of the Eastern Conference and dreaming of conquering North America for the very first time, you can understand why their eye-catching left-back wants to stay and see a promising season through to it's conclusion.

The Mail reported this week that West Ham and Fulham have identified former Schalke youngster Wagner as a bargain £3.5 million target.

But the London rivals have little chance of getting their man in January unless, of course, they make an offer Union or Wagner simply cannot refuse.

Transfermarkt reports that the German-born 23-year-old has little interest in a winter switch with relegation threatened Fulham, in particular, failing to tempt Wagner with a move across the Atlantic.

Interestingly, Philadelphia Union coach Jim Curtin admitted to MLS Soccer on Wednesday that there is plenty of interest in his highly-rated full-back, saying that the 'rumours are real'.

Neither West Ham nor Fulham are short of options on the left-hand side, however.

Aaron Cresswell and Arthur Masuaku have shone under David Moyes this season while Fulham bought USA international Antonee Robinson to battle Joe Bryan for a starting spot at Craven Cottage.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/11/20/report-west-ham-and-fulham-target-will-reject-january-move-cottagers-dont-convince-him/

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Parker backs Mitrovic

Aleksandar Mitrovic's confidence might have taken a hit, admits Fulham boss Scott Parker, but any thought last season's goal machine is close to being dropped is wide of the mark.

However, Parker was keeping cards close to his chest over who takes the next penalty, should there be one against Everton on Sunday.

Mitrovic fluffed a spot-kick for Serbia during the international break that sent Scotland to their first major finals in 22 years – and missed one before that against Sheffield United to deny the Whites victory.

Ademola Lookman stepped up for a point-saving penalty against West Ham last time out, and his shocking gaffe was even worse as he chipped into keeper Lukasz Fabianski's hands.

"Ade is disappointed, as we were all were," Parker said.

"You need to learn from them mistakes; understand the processes and move on.

"He spends a long time on his game and worked hard over the last 10 days. You would expect me to say that, but it's the truth.

"With regard to penalty takers, we'll work out the way to go nearer the game.

"Mitro low on confidence? Could be, but his work ethic and what he brings to the team are exceptional, but you're really judged on goals especially if you're a centre-forward – and that's not happened for him over the last two weeks.

"But I'm confident that will change for him over the near future."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/parker-faces-penalty-decision-but-gives-his-backing-to-mitrovic

WhiteJC

Pre-Everton Press Conference

Scott Parker was not at all surprised by Everton's impressive start to the season.

The Toffees may have tailed off slightly of late, but they remain in a good position having kicked off the campaign with seven consecutive wins in all competitions.

"Carlo Ancelotti is an incredible coach," Parker said of his counterpart. "His CV and what he's done in the game as a manager speaks for itself, so it's not a surprise in any way that he's gone in at Everton and is doing as well as they are.

"They've got a manager there who's world class. Likewise with their squad of players, there's some fantastic football players.

"I think they've invested and bought very well in the summer. They've got a real good strength and balance in terms of what they're about."

Sunday's clash with Everton comes more than a fortnight after Fulham's last outing, when an eventful stoppage time saw us fall to a gutting defeat at West Ham United.

The match ended with a missed Ademola Lookman penalty, but Parker has seen a good response from the 23-year-old in training.

"As you can imagine, Ade was bitterly disappointed, like we all were," he explained. "There's no hiding from that. But, like most things in life and certainly in football, you need to learn from those mistakes and move on.

"We move on very quickly, practise, get better. Like I said after the game, Ade's going to be vitally important for us this year.

"He's going to be a big player for us, which we're going to need, and I've got no doubt from what I've seen from him in a short space of time that he wants to get better, he wants to improve.

"He spends a lot of time on his game, so I've seen that over the last 10 days. You'd expect me to say that of course, but it's the reality and it's the truth."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/november/Pre-Everton-Press-Conference/

WhiteJC

Must win match for Everton to get season back on track

Everton travel to west London on Sunday for a game against Fulham that they really must win to get their faltering season back on track.

The Premier League returns this weekend and Everton face a fixture from which they need all three points to steady the ship after three consecutive defeats before the international break.

The Toffees season has been unraveling since the end of the last set of international games with an acrimonious Merseyside derby draw followed by those losses to Southampton, Newcastle United and then Manchester United.

Having finished the first month of the season sitting pretty at the top of the table, the Blues have now slumped to seventh and are in freefall.

So a game against a struggling Fulham side ten places lower, that has lost four of their last six matches and conceded more goals than Everton, (although in fact only one more!) is probably just about as good as it gets to give the Toffees a chance to bounce back.

In fact though the Cottagers recent form is better. They've actually managed to win a game in the last month, something Everton failed to do.

The Blues do have a good overall record against Fulham and the Cottagers have never beaten Everton at Goodison Park. This game though is in London, never usually a happy hunting ground for the Toffees, although they did win there two matches ago in March 2014.

Fulham have plenty of incentive themselves as they desperately need points to get away from the relegation zone, which already has an ominously settled look to it. They also have a player in their ranks with a strong personal incentive to do well: Ademola Lookman having brought him back to England this summer.

Lookman of course was signed by Ronald Koeman for a huge fee as a teenager playing in the lower leagues when he joined Everton for £11 million in January 2017.

It didn't work out for him at Goodison Park and after a time with RB Leipzig in Germany, he's back in English football and will have plenty to prove against his former team.

Another player Everton have to watch is centre-forward Aleksander Mitrovic. The Serbian striker is a dangerous customer and an excellent finisher who's strong in the air, not an area where the Blues are overly solid defensively!

He has already bagged five goals and two assists this season. In fact it's a little surprising he hasn't been snapped up by another more established Premier League side by now. I actually think he'd fit the mold for what the Toffees need to augment their goal-scoring options.

As for the Blues there is some good news surrounding injuries as it looks as though both their Brazilians who were injury doubts – Allan and Richarlison – will be fit to play on Sunday. The question is how sharp will they and the Toffees other South American star, James Rodriguez be, after their knocks and international excursions.

On the downside Seamus Coleman isn't going to make it and so Carlo Ancelotti has a decision to make about who plays right-back.

With Allan fit to play in centre-mid, I would go with Mason Holgate there rather than Ben Godfrey. Holgate has more experience playing full-back and Godfrey looked a little unsure of himself when he last filled in.

If he goes for that I'd like to see Godfrey given a chance in his more natural position of centre-back alongside Michael Keane.

Both teams concede plenty of goals so this doesn't look like a low-scoring 1-0 type game, although saying that means it probably will be!

But whoever Ancelotti picks and whatever formation he goes with, it feels important that Everton get all three points in this one and arrest their losing streak straight away.

https://princerupertstower.com/2020/11/20/must-win-everton-season/

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Preview Podcast: Fulham vs. Everton

Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

This episode was a preview of the upcoming match for Fulham against Everton, and joining us was Richard Buxton from Click Liverpool, who gave us the Everton perspective with this match.

You can also listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2020/11/20/21587687/cottage-talk-preview-podcast-fulham-vs-everton

WhiteJC

Lookman has 'something to prove' against Everton – Parker

Ademola Lookman has something to prove when he faces former club Everton on Sunday.

After an initial flurry of success at Goodison Park following an £11m transfer from Charlton in 2017, Lookman made only 48 appearances in two years, scoring just four times.

His new boss reckons point-scoring against the club where he was the 'nearly man', is just the tonic needed following the forward's horrendous penalty miss against West Ham 13 days ago.

'Like anything, when a player goes to face his old club there's always a bit more for him personally – he's got something to prove," Scott Parker said.

"And he's done that to some extent in a short space of time (at Fulham). He's got a lot of quality, got an edge about him, and against his old club you'll see a real driven player."

Parker says he hasn't been surprised by Everton's decent start to the Premier League campaign despite recent hiccups.

"(Manager) Carlo Ancelotti and his CV speaks for itself, so I'm not surprised they're doing as well as they are. They invested and bought well in the summer and there is a real good balance to the side," Parker added.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/lookman-has-something-to-prove-against-everton