News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fans Allowed back from next week (Merged)

Started by Only Me, November 23, 2020, 03:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Only Me

Up to 4,000  :wine:

Stadiums will be allowed to re-open from December 2 once the second national lockdown has eased. Prime Minister Boris Johnson is set to make the announcement later today. Tier 1 areas will allow up to 4,000 spectators in their stadiums or 50 per cent of their capacity - whichever is lower.

Indoor events in Tier 1 can allow up to 2,000 fans or 50 per cent of capacity.

Tier 2 areas can welcome 2,000 fans or 50 per cent of the capacity - again whicever is lower.

Indoor events in Tier 2 will follow the same pattern, with a maximum of 1000 fans.

However, the stadiums that are in Tier 3 areas will not be permitted to allow spectators.

Statto

4,000? That'll see Brentford back up to their pre-Covid attendance levels then

filham

I am surprised at that, interesting to see how the 4,000 are selected and if the remainder will still have access to the match on live TV.

fulhamben

after lockdown ends on December the 2nd stadiums within tier 1 can hold up to 4000 spectators
stadiums in tier 2 up to 2000 spectators
stadiums in tier 3 (which will be us ) behind closed doors
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

London shouldn't be in tier 3. It will, because Khan will lobby for it to justify his existence. But London has been one of the best off places in the second wave in terms of infection numbers vs hospital capacity.

Somerset Fulham

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on November 23, 2020, 04:53:29 PM
London shouldn't be in tier 3. It will, because Khan will lobby for it to justify his existence. But London has been one of the best off places in the second wave in terms of infection numbers vs hospital capacity.
Hammersmith and Fulham has one of the worst infection rates in the country, or it did just before lockdown

Statto

These are the latest numbers per 100,000. If London is in tier 3 then the whole country will have to be as well, except perhaps East of England (full house at Norwich perhaps!)

Yorkshire and The Humber   358.5
North East   355.7
West Midlands   328.1
East Midlands   288.4
North West   271.6
London   193
South West   172.2
South East   177.4
East of England   140.4

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on November 23, 2020, 05:04:53 PM
These are the latest numbers per 100,000. If London is in tier 3 then the whole country will have to be as well, except perhaps East of England (full house at Norwich perhaps!)

North East   355.7
West Midlands   328.1
East Midlands   288.4
North West   271.6
London   193
South West   172.2
South East   177.4
East of England   140.4

i dont think they will do london as a whole, they will break it down

mrmicawbers

Not sure I will attend until I have family and friends with me.So maybe a while yet.Hopefully by Easter as things progress fingers crossed.

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on November 23, 2020, 05:13:18 PM

North East   355.7
West Midlands   328.1
East Midlands   288.4
North West   271.6
London   193
South West   172.2
South East   177.4
East of England   140.4

So the rules would be different at each end of putney bridge? Don't be silly!! No chance

Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on November 23, 2020, 05:13:18 PM

North East   355.7
West Midlands   328.1
East Midlands   288.4
North West   271.6
London   193
South West   172.2
South East   177.4
East of England   140.4

London is shown on the LBE dashboard at 197.7 but perhaps 193 is more up to date?  But I agree with you Ben, I think tier levels will be determined by borough as there are huge variations between boroughs.  I am in Ealing and we are significantly above the London average so I fear we may be in tier 3 although this would be nothing whatsoever to do with Sadiq Khan which was just a silly political dig from Statto.

Statto

Nothing political about my feelings towards Khan. The guy would be just as thick and just as pointless no matter what party he stood for. I sometimes wonder who voted for him... then I read suggestions that different boroughs only a couple of miles wide should all have different Covid regimes, and that explains it
086.gif

RoyTund

Quote from: Statto on November 23, 2020, 06:19:49 PM
Nothing political about my feelings towards Khan. The guy would be just as thick and just as pointless no matter what party he stood for. I sometimes wonder who voted for him... then I read suggestions that different boroughs only a couple of miles wide should all have different Covid regimes, and that explains it
086.gif

Not sure your point. Boundaries have to be drawn somewhere. Why should all London boroughs be the same if infection rates are more different than say between Kingston upon Thames ( London borough) and  epsom and ewell  (Surrey) who also just a couple of miles apart.

Statto

Yes boundaries have to be drawn somewhere and it creates a bit of absurdity on the lines where regions are divided from one another. But it creates 30 times as much absurdity to then divide up a region into 30 little boroughs each with additional boundaries. Anyway let's see - if it's a good idea, I'm sure that's what they'll do. Perhapd they'll take it a step further and do it on a street by street basis.

fcfulham55

Would pay a premium to see us live. Hopefully can get a hospitality package fingers crossed.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

davew

Quote from: fcfulham55 on November 23, 2020, 08:00:15 PM
Would pay a premium to see us live. Hopefully can get a hospitality package fingers crossed.
Would pay a premium to see us get another point, couldn´t afford the price of seeing another win!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

KJS

I'm not interested until VAR is gone so won't go to the cottage until we are relegated to Championship in a few months time

Montague

Quote from: Statto on November 23, 2020, 07:29:46 PM
Yes boundaries have to be drawn somewhere and it creates a bit of absurdity on the lines where regions are divided from one another. But it creates 30 times as much absurdity to then divide up a region into 30 little boroughs each with additional boundaries. Anyway let's see - if it's a good idea, I'm sure that's what they'll do. Perhapd they'll take it a step further and do it on a street by street basis.

Will be interesting to see if they base it on postcodes - even if the ground is in tier 1 allowing 4000 in surely they won't sell tickets to someone in a tier 3 post code as would they still be in a lockdown and could be even viewed as inviting a higher infection into an area....

Can't see how this can work until they start vaccinations and have something equivalent of vaccination passport.

toshes mate

A boundary is an invisible line unless one anticipates border guards at checkpoints at every possible access point.  And what about spectators crossing more than one boundary in order to go to a game having obtained a seat?  Rate of infection which is determining policy is not an accurate measure unless the tests conducted are very, very, very close to 100% accuracy.  No such test currently exists with the variation still somewhere between 0.8 and 8.0 specificity if the test is properly conducted (which many are not being) meaning large numbers of false results.

We just keep lurching into changes that do not fit any kind of sensible thinking and unfortunately I cannot see any political figure anywhere near Westminster who might change this and get some objectivity into decision making.