News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fans Allowed back from next week (Merged)

Started by Only Me, November 23, 2020, 03:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Quote from: Montague on November 24, 2020, 11:09:10 AM
Quote from: Statto on November 23, 2020, 07:29:46 PM
Yes boundaries have to be drawn somewhere and it creates a bit of absurdity on the lines where regions are divided from one another. But it creates 30 times as much absurdity to then divide up a region into 30 little boroughs each with additional boundaries. Anyway let's see - if it's a good idea, I'm sure that's what they'll do. Perhapd they'll take it a step further and do it on a street by street basis.

Will be interesting to see if they base it on postcodes - even if the ground is in tier 1 allowing 4000 in surely they won't sell tickets to someone in a tier 3 post code as would they still be in a lockdown and could be even viewed as inviting a higher infection into an area....

Can't see how this can work until they start vaccinations and have something equivalent of vaccination passport.

Very good point Montague. And what's to stop a tier 3 resident from using a ticket acquired by a tier 1 or 2 resident? But will there be enforcement as well? Probably not a real problem, and transmission outside will be negligible in any case, so I very much doubt any enforcement; they will just hope that individuals will be sensible and follow the rules.

Holders

I really can't understand why they've announced this at the same time as stating that the tiers need firming up once the current restriction comes to an end. There are just so many loopholes as mentioned above. In trying to appease some of the public the message just isn't consistent.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

As a clinically at risk person I will not be going to the Cottage until I have been vaccinated or until virus levels are extremely low.
Interesting though how the 4,000 spectators will be selected:-

First come first served.

Season ticket holders

Under 30 year olds only

Living within 5 miles of the Cottage.

From Teir 1 areas only (Norfolk/Cornwall/ Hebrides)

Manning the Turnstiles seems a risky job as you will be within a metre of some 400 people in a confined space.

Has all of this really been thought trough.

Andy S

As with everything this government tries to do it is a mess

mrmicawbers

I'm sure this has been discussed with the club's who will do the organisation.I think it's great getting punters back as they could easily have delayed it.Credit to them.

KJS

Quote from: Andy S on November 24, 2020, 08:27:26 PM
As with everything this government tries to do it is a mess

When are running for government so you can sort it all out 🙄

filham

Why not continue with present TV arrangements until the end of the season and start to allow only vaccinated or tested spectators back in 2021. That way we would have a degree of safety and idea of where we stand.

toshes mate

Quote from: mrmicawbers on November 24, 2020, 09:20:24 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed with the club's who will do the organisation.I think it's great getting punters back as they could easily have delayed it.Credit to them.
This virus has probably been discussed to greater lengths than any illness humankind has ever enountered before and what we see is the problem of not having a plan from day one.  It has globally caught everyone on the back foot from the WHO all the way down to the youngest able thinkers in our society because there was no cohesive plan.  Is the lack of a plan down to lack of leadership, lack of wisdom or something else?  Without a plan that has an exit strategy based on what is real and tangible we are not going to move forwards with meaning any time soon. IMO two possibilities exist herd immunity and an efficient vaccine.  The first was ever present; the second will hopefully arrive in the near future.   What we need is an exit strategy and perhaps there are those who are going to act as pioneers come what may.   

RaySmith

I read that Fulham, though eligible to have  crowds back, being  in a  Level 2, probably, area, ie London,  have problems  , at least in getting the full numbers allowed, 5,000?, in, or even any crowd, because of ground access, and also having the Riverside stand out of use.

Already mentioned here, i know.

MJG

I have been sitting on a group with the council on this issue and we are going to be very limited unless the guidelines on distances changes.
You are looking currently only fans in the Hammersmith and Putney end and would be lucky to be allowed 1K or maybe as low as 750 in each end. The whole issue is movemnt and space which we lack.
Just the views of a long term fan

Statto

Interesting

Realistically, it's not the end of the world anyway IMO. We have one of the worst atmospheres even on a good day, so with one stand missing and 4 out of every 5 seats empty, I can't imagine it will be enthralling stuff. Couple that with the fact the weather is miserable and we lose every week. Oh and no pub either. I'm hardly champing at the bit to get back, personally. Happy just to wait until March when Covid will be over. Just in time to see us mathematically relegated I expect, but oh well.