more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cut adrift

Started by JoelH5, November 27, 2020, 09:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 29, 2020, 08:59:48 AM
Everyone is assuming that the 3 going down will come from the present bottom 4.
Yes it looks that way,but there is a long way to go yet,and there is always one or two who drop down into the relegation fight after Jan/Feb time.
All are assuming also it's a defeat tomorrow,but the way Leicester play,I think we can counter attack them at their own game and get something out of it.Coyw.
now im not saying it isnt possible that we can get something out of the game, i dont think we will, but its certainly possible. but theres no way in a million years that it would be done with counter attacking football with our style of play
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Londonfranky

My hope at the start of season was to be in with a chance of staying up with 3 or 4 games to go, not like last time when we seemed to down by about January, I think we've got a better chance of staying up this season even with this poo start, it was never going to be easy, it helps big time if don't concede a goal in the first 10 minutes, and miss penalties at vital times, at the moment it does  look like it's 3 from 4 out of bottom 3, we've got  31 more games to play so that over 90 points, teams have been in a similar position to us and managed to stay up, I just mitrovic get his mojo back soon, you have only got to look at villa last year, they were shite for most of the season being carried by Jack Grealish, but got out of trouble on the last day, even if we lose the next 3 which at the moment seems likely, you got keep the faith,

Woolly Mammoth

There has to be at least three teams worse than us, from. West Bromwich Albion, Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Brighton & Hove Albion.
Fulham have to prove it on the pitch by taking points off of every team, not just targeting the teams down the bottom because we won't beat them all, we have to snatch points off the bigger boys as well.
The question is can we do it, and I still feel we will need a striker and a winger to complete the jigsaw to stay up above three others, because everyone will be fighting for their lives.
We can add another string to our bow by making the Squad a lot fitter, and I feel there is room for improvement in that department as well as the Strength and Conditioning Department. The first 90 + minutes are the most important and the ball never gets tired as we have often seen in many games already this season. So despite the D of F complete disinterest in the teams welfare and current position Fulham can still escape the trapdoor at the expense of 3 other teams.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ex-Pat

Every team gets there season going after they beat us, roll on next season hopefully challenging for promotion with a much better structure, just like Leeds.

Woolly Mammoth

Not with the current amateur recruitment merchants we won't.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 29, 2020, 12:29:24 PM
There has to be at least three teams worse than us, from. West Bromwich Albion, Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Brighton & Hove Albion.
Fulham have to prove it on the pitch by taking points off of every team, not just targeting the teams down the bottom because we won't beat them all, we have to snatch points off the bigger boys as well.
The question is can we do it, and I still feel we will need a striker and a winger to complete the jigsaw to stay up above three others, because everyone will be fighting for their lives.
We can add another string to our bow by making the Squad a lot fitter, and I feel there is room for improvement in that department as well as the Strength and Conditioning Department. The first 90 + minutes are the most important and the ball never gets tired as we have often seen in many games already this season. So despite the D of F complete disinterest in the teams welfare and current position Fulham can still escape the trapdoor at the expense of 3 other teams.

Newcastle signed Callum Wilson for a total package of £45m for 4 years (https://www.footballinsider247.com/wilson-agrees-terms-of-bumper-newcastle-united-deal/) and Josh King is probable £30m.

In truth, they are the kind of players we needed at the beginning of the season to give us a good chance to stay up, but two players costing £75m in total package won't keep us unless our defensive is cohesive. What would keep us up is a solid defence that has a year (or more) playing together combined with some premier league attackers like Wilson and King.

I would prefer to invest in several players like Jed Wallace can be obtained for £10m total package, which probably won't keep us up but will make this squad more likely to get promoted next season. We need to stop trying to buy players in the summer for the first game and plan a least six months ahead.