News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

End of Cairney as Captain and as a Starter ?

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, November 30, 2020, 11:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

I think it's way too early to start writing off TC.  He's been one of our best players so far.  Cap tip to SP for selecting his squad for this game and the defensive set-up.  The only thing I questioned about SP's selections was Mitrovic at the end of the game.  Not sure how he might figure in the defensive structure as FFC withstood the final Leicester onslaught.  Sure, I know he can help in the box on corners, but in open play just not enough pace.  Anyway, all's well that ends well.  And I do think we'll be seeing plenty more of TC throughout the season.

TC's Sporran

cairney might not have lightning pace but he can move the ball on quickly which  keeps up the pace of an attack.

quick paced attacks dont always mean fast players running with the ball

let the ball do the work

from parkers post match interview after the everton game i think he wasnt happy with cairneys lack of fire and he wasnt alone in that game.
who knows maybe tc is on the naughty step?

he had an assist v everton so that side of his game was statistically up to par but i didnt feel he was having a go as in previous games and sp was right to sub him.
maybe the kick up the arris he needs? cos one recent game (forget which) he was mom and looked as good as grealish with better hair.

ALG01

IMO we would have won by more with TC in the team. I found it hard to see what RLC did and despite the bravery of Cav and th epenalty neither of thois deserve a place. TC is and remains one of our best two or three players and with all that space to exploiyt on the break he wpoudl ahve been an asset.

Next game is man city and they are a different kettle of fish so we shall see what Scott thinks.

filham

Hard to believe that we are even thinking of dropping Cairney ,he has been our top player for a long time now and we were always concerned that a bigger club would come along and snatch him from us. A clever player with a sweet left foot always a joy to watch and from time to time he has scored great goals.

However it has been demonstrated that we need power and pace all over the field and with Anguissa, Lemina, Reed and Loftus Cheek available to fill the midfield roles Cairney's talents may no longer best fit the team's needs.

Fernhurst

We all seem to have forgotten Kongola....... how is his recovery coming along?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

LittleErn

Quote from: Twig on December 01, 2020, 03:22:52 PM
Agree with MJG this was one game and one game only.  TC has been playing some of his best football for ages in recent weeks and has looked very much a Prem level player.  He may not be an automatic selection but I suspect he will play more often than not.  He should remain club captain and when he plays he's captain on the pitch, of not selected then it's ano.

One minor point is that Andersen is a loanee and chances are he leaves us at season end. As good as he is I would really prefer TC's understudy to be one of ours.

Andersen is Cairney's understudy? He's a centre back ffs. Was immense last night.

Ahhh.... you mean as captain......Duhr.....

Twig

Quote from: LittleErn on December 01, 2020, 06:39:58 PM
Quote from: Twig on December 01, 2020, 03:22:52 PM
Agree with MJG this was one game and one game only.  TC has been playing some of his best football for ages in recent weeks and has looked very much a Prem level player.  He may not be an automatic selection but I suspect he will play more often than not.  He should remain club captain and when he plays he's captain on the pitch, of not selected then it's ano.

One minor point is that Andersen is a loanee and chances are he leaves us at season end. As good as he is I would really prefer TC's understudy to be one of ours.

Andersen is Cairney's understudy? He's a centre back ffs. Was immense last night.

Ahhh.... you mean as captain......Duhr.....

Exactly

Bill2

A rather harsh description of TC. He has had some very good games this season and when pushed forward in a more attacking role has played well and worthy of his place. But there will be games when he will not be a first choice and that applies to a number of other players and bearing in mind we have a strong midfield squad I am sure he realises that.
In fact what we have is a good squad with strong competition for places which is exactly what you need and I believe there re very few players who started yesterday can safely there place is secure.

Bill2

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 01, 2020, 05:01:44 PM
We all seem to have forgotten Kongola....... how is his recovery coming along?

Also have Tete to add into the mix.

clarkey

Cairney and Lookman were our most creative players two games ago by a long way.

Cairney is good for us but not every game. Hopefully we will soon see the end of this ridiculous selection run of Cav and get an even better line up. Tete at full back and when we are playing a Crystal Palace or She Utd and we get more possession we will need Tom to be positive and unlock those defences.

Dunstable Fulham

I love Tom as a player and him being part of the Fulham family. In response to the question definitely not but as a team we haven't worked hard enough off the ball for much of this season and Tom doesn't track players well at this level. Monday night was a great example of is working at the required level off the ball. Tom needs to demonstrate he can do this effectively at this level.