Main Menu

TC or RLC ?

Started by perry geyton, December 04, 2020, 04:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Who do you start Saturday at City ?

I'll go for the same as Leicester RLC counter attacking style

karldutton

Both could have a chance of starting on Saturday. Maybe keep Reed on the bench for later stages of the game when needed extra backup.
My preferred midfield against City is Zambo DMF and Tom Cairney and RLC in CM.

Pieter A’dam

Jules

Agreed, keep same team as Monday's starting line up

Riverside

RLC for this and Liverpool - when we will have low possession and need to beak quick
Cairney comes back for Brighton and Newcastle - when we will need to creativity

WindyCity

Hard to break up that winning formula of last week.  That said, if SP gives TC the nod over RLC that would be ok with me.  Just haven't been impressed with RLC so far in a FFC kit.

ALG01

No brainer
Captain tom cairney
RLC has done virtually nothing and against city we need genuine talent

HillingdonFFC

Thought Cairney was very hard done by in the week & apparently he was a bit upset to be left out. He's surprised a lot of people including myself this season, his workrate has been great & in that advanced role he's moved the ball a lot quicker, think when he was played in his usual position he was guilty of slowing it down too much
RLC was a fantastic talent at Chelsea, my blues mates loved him. Don't think he's nowhere near what he was pre injury & not sure on present form he deserves to get in front of Cairney

Whitestone

RLC clearly hasn't convinced a lot of people so far.  Anguissa also had his detractors to begin with. Most of those (if not all) have changed their stance on Anguissa. RLC is an England international who I believe will just get better and better with more minutes, just as Anguissa has. I hope Parker continues with RLC because this guy has some serious talent. Can RLC and TC play in the same 11 ? I don't know. What I do know is that I'm a big fan of TC who offers something different to RLC so it may be a cases of horses for courses depending on the game coming up. What I also know is that Scott Parker is the manager who understands his players better than me so I'm content to see him select the best team to win a match.

davew

Not impressed with TC or RLC, but presumably RLC has the more potential though we haven't seen it yet, is he 100% fit, if he is then I think he was a poor addition to the squad. Give him a couple more games if he doesn't perform bring back Cairney.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Quote from: davew on December 04, 2020, 05:56:23 PM
Not impressed with TC or RLC, but presumably RLC has the more potential though we haven't seen it yet, is he 100% fit, if he is then I think he was a poor addition to the squad. Give him a couple more games if he doesn't perform bring back Cairney.
Yes, I tend to agree with this.
The other big question of course is Mitro or Cav. I have to go for Mitro on this one.

Twig

TC was excellent prior to being dropped for the Leicester game, it was a brave call by Scott. I didn't see enough from RLC to convince me he should be keeping TC out of the starting lineup. But after Leicester I totally trust SP's selection.

Caedal

Cairney is physically too slow, and also plays too slowly to fit into a team set up to counter attack

bill taylors apprentice

Cairney can play the ball quicker and he rarely gives the ball away which may be a major asset against a team like MC.

I think both will play.

perry geyton

Quote from: karldutton on December 04, 2020, 04:37:10 PM
Both could have a chance of starting on Saturday. Maybe keep Reed on the bench for later stages of the game when needed extra backup.
My preferred midfield against City is Zambo DMF and Tom Cairney and RLC in CM.

Reed on the bench ? He's been phenomenal in his last few games, no way in a million years I'd drop him,,,,, for me it's between TC or RLC
I'm not over thrilled with RLC and Cairney is one of my favorite players but I'd keep the current flow, start with RLC if he's quite swap him for Cairney at half time