more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When we did have the ball

Started by rebel, December 05, 2020, 05:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

rebel

Cav's problem is that he had initial success cutting in and scoring spectacular goals, 3 / 4, you could do a Youtube video with those goals. But opposition teams found him out. He is one dimensional, he 'hogs' the ball, he should release it quickly like in the Play Off final for our second goal (find a pass, stop dwelling on the ball).   

colinwhite

Quote from: clarkey on December 06, 2020, 02:26:02 PM
Look I do not understand the attitude of being happy and viewing FFC as being plucky contenders. I do not expect or even want us to be Real Madrid overnight but I would say that this is the Premier League and we are meant to be able to compete at the top level. That means irrespective of our squad the ability of our coach is measured at the highest level.And against whoever we play. Develop our own way, be bright and challenge assumptions. Use your wits if you can't use better or bigger talent.

We saw far worse sides than us in the Championship threaten us and sometimes beat us (Barnsley or Forest) because they found another way. Their coaches were brighter, their players more motivated and they did not give away early goals. They had more telling subs, whatever. But their coaches were better even if their players were worse.

Parker, despite being a continuity candidate, just is not ahead of the curve. He is learning as you put it, but what for ? When will his learning end, after two years or after 22 years. Or is he simply not bright enough. I would argue the latter as some of the decision making is so far off the mark it shows a flawed approach and understanding. Look at how he persists with Cav...just ridiculous.And everyone without exception could see in the first half how the team was set up wrongly. RLC did zero...or did you think it was a raving success having him not mark anyone, not cover back, and not attack either.What did he contribute ? What did Cav contribute ? Come on love to know.Look at their stats.

Also remember back to when we were winning games easily last season, went one goal up and then he shut the game down bringing on MLM and other defenders against lowly opponents. Pep does not do that sort thing. Ever.

I like it when Fulham look like everyone is on top of their game.Buzzing and excited, not just going through the motions.Us under previous coaches, with players bombing forward from full back like Freddo or Matt Target, and defenders putting their bodies on the line for the team.Ask yourself who busted a gut yesterday, who gave their all, who was brilliant. Lookman had flashes of excellence but Cav and RLC were really deeply poor.Compare their work rate and skill level to Frank's. Just miles off. Robinson tries and is persistent, Harrison Reid is tenacious, Andersen a class act but we played very very cautiously yesterday and the plan fell to bits the minute they scored.

Our defence seems to be improving, which was to be expected and hoped. But it is.We have a new defence but I like it apart from right full back we are there.Tete shoud fill that.But we are not threatening enough, not creative enough and not capable of variation up front. Maybe we can develop that by just being that little bit cleverer to adapt and to build on the talent we have.

Let's see how he sets them out against Liverpool. It's not just about blind attacking, it is about having a plan B and a plan C if need be and making the best of what we have.It was not awful terrible yesterday it was just unambitious and very limited in its aspirations.We now have a good squad, we need better from the coaching staff. We don't need to sack Parker just give him some help and guidance. Maybe we need an eminence gris to give him some ideas how.Someone like Eddie Howe as a director of football maybe.

BTW Fulham have had continuity coaches in the past like Paul Bracewell or Kit Symons and they didn't do too well either. Cookie is probably the best example.And we have sacked some managers like Bobby Robson or Rene Meulsteen far too quickly. But two years is good to get a flavour of someone, do you think Parker is as good as Frank Lampard - there is a direct comparison, like for like, same age pretty much. Who would you put your money on ?

So get rid of Scott and take a punt on another manager. Is that the jist of your message ? Because bringing in someone else alongside amounts to the same thing.

colinwhite

Sorry but the same people complaining now are the ones who doubted Parker last year right up to the play-offs. The club is clearly goimng to stick with SP ,so as i said to start with ,give it a rest .

john dempsey

If parker gets Fulham relegated again he will probably get sacked.
if he gets Fulham to stay up and turns it round and we become a top 10 side
for a season or so, he will leave for a bigger club in all probability.
so maybe we should all give it a rest and just enjoy or not enjoy the ride.

rebel

Quote from: colinwhite on December 06, 2020, 04:36:32 PM
Sorry but the same people complaining now are the ones who doubted Parker last year right up to the play-offs. The club is clearly goimng to stick with SP ,so as i said to start with ,give it a rest .

People still doubt Parker, the jury is out, he still has some time to get results. We had a huge opportunity to get points on the board, with matches that have now passed. His message seems to be that we need to fight it out at the bottom of the table and be prepared for 'disappointment's'. For me that's the wrong message.

Somerset Fulham

But we're not going to be finishing top six are we?  Parker is being realistic.

I find it absolutely amazing that a loss to one of the best sides in the world is a reason to start moaning about the manager and players.

rebel

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 06, 2020, 05:45:41 PM
But we're not going to be finishing top six are we?  Parker is being realistic.

I find it absolutely amazing that a loss to one of the best sides in the world is a reason to start moaning about the manager and players.

I've got a top 8 finish penciled in, the ingredients are there, Leicester match being the performance to build on. Sheff Utd nearly got a result. 

Somerset Fulham

Well good luck with that. I hope you don't gamble too much on it.

john dempsey

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 06, 2020, 03:33:32 PM
He has a point, though?
So does a knife but you wouldn't
really want that brought to a conversation would you.

Jim©

Look I do not understand the attitude of being happy and viewing FFC as being plucky contenders. I do not expect or even want us to be Real Madrid overnight but I would say that this is the Premier League and we are meant to be able to compete at the top level. That means irrespective of our squad the ability of our coach is measured at the highest level.And against whoever we play. Develop our own way, be bright and challenge assumptions. Use your wits if you can't use better or bigger talent.

We saw far worse sides than us in the Championship threaten us and sometimes beat us (Barnsley or Forest) because they found another way. Their coaches were brighter, their players more motivated and they did not give away early goals. They had more telling subs, whatever. But their coaches were better even if their players were worse.

Parker, despite being a continuity candidate, just is not ahead of the curve. He is learning as you put it, but what for ? When will his learning end, after two years or after 22 years. Or is he simply not bright enough. I would argue the latter as some of the decision making is so far off the mark it shows a flawed approach and understanding. Look at how he persists with Cav...just ridiculous.And everyone without exception could see in the first half how the team was set up wrongly. RLC did zero...or did you think it was a raving success having him not mark anyone, not cover back, and not attack either.What did he contribute ? What did Cav contribute ? Come on love to know.Look at their stats.

Also remember back to when we were winning games easily last season, went one goal up and then he shut the game down bringing on MLM and other defenders against lowly opponents. Pep does not do that sort thing. Ever.

I like it when Fulham look like everyone is on top of their game.Buzzing and excited, not just going through the motions.Us under previous coaches, with players bombing forward from full back like Freddo or Matt Target, and defenders putting their bodies on the line for the team.Ask yourself who busted a gut yesterday, who gave their all, who was brilliant. Lookman had flashes of excellence but Cav and RLC were really deeply poor.Compare their work rate and skill level to Frank's. Just miles off. Robinson tries and is persistent, Harrison Reid is tenacious, Andersen a class act but we played very very cautiously yesterday and the plan fell to bits the minute they scored.

Our defence seems to be improving, which was to be expected and hoped. But it is.We have a new defence but I like it apart from right full back we are there.Tete shoud fill that.But we are not threatening enough, not creative enough and not capable of variation up front. Maybe we can develop that by just being that little bit cleverer to adapt and to build on the talent we have.

Let's see how he sets them out against Liverpool. It's not just about blind attacking, it is about having a plan B and a plan C if need be and making the best of what we have.It was not awful terrible yesterday it was just unambitious and very limited in its aspirations.We now have a good squad, we need better from the coaching staff. We don't need to sack Parker just give him some help and guidance. Maybe we need an eminence gris to give him some ideas how.Someone like Eddie Howe as a director of football maybe.

BTW Fulham have had continuity coaches in the past like Paul Bracewell or Kit Symons and they didn't do too well either. Cookie is probably the best example.And we have sacked some managers like Bobby Robson or Rene Meulsteen far too quickly. But two years is good to get a flavour of someone, do you think Parker is as good as Frank Lampard - there is a direct comparison, like for like, same age pretty much. Who would you put your money on ?

If you want a direct comparison, Lampard failed in the championship with Derby (they finished lower than they had the previous season and lost in playoffs) in his first season in management, Parker got fulham promoted. Most coaches would love to coach a team that was worth £1bn as Chelsea are. His team finished 30 odd points behind Liverpool & 15 behind man city last season (12 ahead of Sheff Utd). I'd say that Lampard and Parker are similar stage of development.

You asked for stats on Cav- 3rd most shots in game behind De Bruyne and Sterling, 2nd most succesful dribbles in game behind big Frank, had the 3rd most touches of any Fulham player behind Joachim and Frank Z A, lastly won the 2nd most aerial duels for FFC behind Robinson.

You also say that we're not capable of variation up front, I think the last 3 games prove that we are. 3 games, 3 different systems and Parker tweaking and amending each 1/2 time to improve us for the 2nd half.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: john dempsey on December 06, 2020, 07:48:14 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 06, 2020, 03:33:32 PM
He has a point, though?
So does a knife but you wouldn't
really want that brought to a conversation would you.

I'm not getting the relevance?

rebel

Quote from: Jim© on December 07, 2020, 10:57:32 AM

If you want a direct comparison, Lampard failed in the championship with Derby (they finished lower than they had the previous season and lost in playoffs) in his first season in management, Parker got fulham promoted. Most coaches would love to coach a team that was worth £1bn as Chelsea are. His team finished 30 odd points behind Liverpool & 15 behind man city last season (12 ahead of Sheff Utd). I'd say that Lampard and Parker are similar stage of development.

You asked for stats on Cav- 3rd most shots in game behind De Bruyne and Sterling, 2nd most succesful dribbles in game behind big Frank, had the 3rd most touches of any Fulham player behind Joachim and Frank Z A, lastly won the 2nd most aerial duels for FFC behind Robinson.

You also say that we're not capable of variation up front, I think the last 3 games prove that we are. 3 games, 3 different systems and Parker tweaking and amending each 1/2 time to improve us for the 2nd half.

Behind those stats for Cav, is there anything tangible?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: rebel on December 05, 2020, 05:30:10 PM
in open play, corners, free kicks, in their area, we did nothing with it. A Cav shot, was pretty pathetic.

True, we did nothing with the ball, but we prevented them from doing much too.

On balance, good performance with some good defending and GREAT goalkeeping.

filham

Just look back at our managerial changes since Roy left. Jocanovic was good but couldn't handle things in the premier league while all the others have been failures including one who had a premier league title under his belt.
Scotty has just won promotion for us, the last thing we must do right now is to think of changing manager,
Full focus needs to be on signing a pacey striker by January 1st.

Statto

Quote from: rebel on December 07, 2020, 11:59:31 AM

Shots, dribbles and touches are tangible

Jim©

They are all pretty tangible aren't they? Just see Cav as being a bit of an easy target for some, when in reality others contributed less.
For instance, I like Andersen and think he looks like a really good player, but he was at fault in some way for both of their goals yet lots of people saying that he had a great game.

colinwhite

The real issue from sarurdays game was our inabillity in the first half to handle their counter-press. We never got a chance to hold onto the ballapart from the two situations in which Franks individual skill and strength broke their press. But he lost the ball for their first goal it could be argued.
Cavaleiro has played well in the last 2 games. He has really put in the work out of possesion , and stats dont tend to have the ability to show that ,but it was there for all to see.

rebel

Quote from: Statto on December 07, 2020, 02:33:30 PM

Shots, dribbles and touches are tangible

Yep they are to a certain extent. Cav is a striker 49 appearances, 6 goals and some assists, about 10 I think.