watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our defence...

Started by General, December 13, 2020, 07:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Have really kicked on and done well since the end of the transfer window, in particular since Andersen came in 5 or so games ago. He's a great quality CB, who's done really well and they all did well particularly today. Andersen made defending against liverpool's attack look much easier than it is and snuffed out danger, alongside Tosin, Robinson and Aina very well. Areola as a Goalkeeper i'm still not used to, seems to early, but my anxiousness about seeing balls in to the box etc took a bit of respite today when I think it finally clicked our defence is actually pretty good, and it's not just a question of boosting our attack in january.

We've conceded 8 goals in our last 6 games, which considering the quality of opposition of 4 of those teams (I'm putting everton in a top catergory based on form this season alongside Man City, Liverpool and Leicester), is pretty good going.

Time to relax with our defence perhaps and start focuing on how we attack and being more positive perhaps?

Craven Mad

Agreed. Good post.

It feels strange to say, but I'm starting to have faith in our defence. It's nice to be able to say that for the first time in a while!

ALG01

Anderson was imense, they all were

hopper

To be honest this side is unlucky not to have more clean sheets. Deserved against Sheffield United, Leicester and again today