watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kamara - kiss of death sub

Started by 3 Cherries, December 13, 2020, 06:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Cherries

Kamara came on gave away the penalty - did little else (Mitro did the same...)

Slaphead in Qatar

Why bring Kamara on? Should have given Tom a chance.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: 3 Cherries on December 13, 2020, 06:32:38 PM
Kamara came on gave away the penalty - did little else (Mitro did the same...)

Please stop.

Southdowns White

Can't blame him for the penalty but apart from that was a headless chicken and offered very little.

MikeTheCubed

Asinine to blame Kamara for that decision.

fulhamben

Quote from: Southdowns White on December 13, 2020, 06:34:59 PM
Can't blame him for the penalty but apart from that was a headless chicken and offered very little.
is that a joke, won every single header, probably had well over 90% passing accuracy and was winning tackles as well as actually closing down at pace. he did well when he came on.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

LittleErn

Kamara has pace, but not the brightest in football terms. Its no good putting him on to keep them honest because his first touch is so bad. He has little control. He should know that VAR will give a penalty if he doesn't keep his arms by his side. He makes wrong decisions too many times. Basically he is trying too hard. Still, a great team performance overall and a creditable result that should have been 3 points.

bill taylors apprentice

Some people really don't have a clue!

junior white

I could understand bringing him on, 2 midfielders at centre half and not the quickest either. Problem was we didnt get much chance to test that's the one time we did (at 1-1) Zambo took too long to play the ball but that happens.

My only gripe is why turn your back, face the ball jump and take it in the face. I would have taken a point before the game so not overly down about it, is a point i didnt expect

Craven Mad

Didn't he get a red last time we brought him on?

LC

I personally believe if you're in a wall you face the ball and jump. You don't turn away, you take it in the face if you have to, never been a fan of players turning their backs. Either way very harsh penalty

Enigma

Liverpool looked incredibly fragile at the back and kept making mistakes, Kamara is the sort of player to run at players and force those errors. Looking at the bench the only other option was Kebano.

fulhamben

General

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 13, 2020, 06:34:34 PM

Or Neeskens. Kamara is purely for pace and little else. He can score, but he doesn't have good technique or hold up play. Think Cairney could've been a good shout as whilst I prefer RLC in the AM position, Cairney has enough ability to hold up play and play a pass, which I think is what we needed.

Think Parker got the subs wrong. Not necessarily taking the players off (lemina looked not match fit towards the end), but who he put on. Cairney, Reed and Neeskens.

We need to get in more quality in depth in the attacking third in January.

rebel

Kamara had that 'Rawness' about his game, now he's more disciplined but has lost that 'Rawness', that in effect was the thing I looked forward to seeing. He had the ability to change matches. These days not so much.

LittleErn

Quote from: General on December 13, 2020, 06:57:43 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 13, 2020, 06:34:34 PM

Or Neeskens. Kamara is purely for pace and little else. He can score, but he doesn't have good technique or hold up play. Think Cairney could've been a good shout as whilst I prefer RLC in the AM position, Cairney has enough ability to hold up play and play a pass, which I think is what we needed.

Think Parker got the subs wrong. Not necessarily taking the players off (lemina looked not match fit towards the end), but who he put on. Cairney, Reed and Neeskens.

We need to get in more quality in depth in the attacking third in January.

agreed

Arthur

A shame about the impact the substitution had on the match. Cavaleiro drops back and gives away a needless free kick from which Kamara concedes a needless penalty. The moment in added time when Kamara ran 15 yards offside without realising that he was makes me think he hasn't enough nous for this league.

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on December 13, 2020, 07:10:01 PM
A shame about the impact the substitution had on the match. Cavaleiro drops back and gives away a needless free kick from which Kamara concedes a needless penalty. The moment in added time when Kamara ran 15 yards offside without realising that he was makes me think he hasn't enough nous for this league.
or as anyone who has ever played the game will say, kamara made a great run but anguissa took far to long to play the pass. if anguissa looks up early and plays the ball then kamara is in. strikers cant just wait for the pass and then make the run, you have to gamble, and zambo didnt respond

Craven Mad

Quote from: fulhamben on December 13, 2020, 06:55:25 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on December 13, 2020, 06:49:10 PM
Didn't he get a red last time we brought him on?
no

Just checked. Last game he came on was 19 mins against Man City (for which Whoscored gave him a rating of 5.95) it was his appearance before that where he got a red against palace.

Like it or not, he wasn't good enough for a second rate Turkish team and he's not good enough for us. Liability

MikeCdawg

When I seen kamara was coming on, I said  myself "he's going to cost us points here"
I wasn't sure how exactly. But I was right. He's a liability