more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kamara - kiss of death sub

Started by 3 Cherries, December 13, 2020, 06:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: MikeCdawg on December 13, 2020, 07:31:30 PM
When I seen kamara was coming on, I said  myself "he's going to cost us points here"
I wasn't sure how exactly. But I was right. He's a liability
You seemed quite chuffed you think you were right.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

colinwhite

Great performance by one and all and Kamara has a part to play. Disappointed he turned his back in the wall when he jumped  for the pen though .  You keep the wall compact and stand strong at all costs .That was schoolboy stuff.

3 Cherries

and now he's antics with the free kick has allowed Burnley to leapfrog us (although am pleased Arsenal lost)

Statto

Quote from: Arthur on December 13, 2020, 07:10:01 PM
A shame about the impact the substitution had on the match. Cavaleiro drops back and gives away a needless free kick from which Kamara concedes a needless penalty. The moment in added time when Kamara ran 15 yards offside without realising that he was makes me think he hasn't enough nous for this league.

I noticed that too. Shouldn't have turned his back in the wall, so I was already thinking 'you wally', then that offside just reinforced it.

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on December 13, 2020, 08:27:29 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on December 13, 2020, 08:25:05 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 13, 2020, 08:17:10 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on December 13, 2020, 08:14:37 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 13, 2020, 08:04:16 PM
Quote from: Arthur on December 13, 2020, 07:55:58 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 13, 2020, 07:17:32 PM
A shame about the impact the substitution had on the match. Cavaleiro drops back and gives away a needless free kick from which Kamara concedes a needless penalty. The moment in added time when Kamara ran 15 yards offside without realising that he was makes me think he hasn't enough nous for this league.

or as anyone who has ever played the game will say, kamara made a great run but anguissa took far to long to play the pass. if anguissa looks up early and plays the ball then kamara is in. strikers cant just wait for the pass and then make the run, you have to gamble, and zambo didnt respond

Not the 'you-haven't-played-the-game-so-you-can't-know-what-you're-on-about' line.

It's simply untrue that only someone who has 'played the game' can interpret what he sees. (Nevertheless, do tell me your credentials: if they're anything less than having played first XI football for a professional club, surely your remark will seem even more baseless.)

Irrespective of whether Anguissa delayed the pass, Kamara ran into an offside position and just kept on running, oblivious to the fact he was running further and further offside.
so he was either playing to the whistle, or time wasting, by not allowing liverpool to take an early kick. it was a great run, with a poorly timed pass. i get why zambo probably took so long, we havent played with a striker for so long that he wont be used to them making good runs.

Arthur you're wasting your time arguing, Ben is the Chairman of the Kamara fan club!
not at all, if criticism is fair, then kamara deserves all that he is owed. i just dont see how you can criticise a pacey striker for making a great run that the midfielder didnt pick out. just seems rather silly to me 

He went to soon, he didn't look across the line to see if he was in line with the defenders, he was way, way off side.
he went to soon? he made a run hoping the midfielder would pick him out.

Why run before the ball is played though? He's lightning, had fresh legs, and the defender is facing the other way and needs to turn. If he hangs on the defender's shoulder and runs when Anguissa releases the ball, he's in. No need to move any sooner.

rebel

He's played in the Prem before, had a 'purple patch' under Joka in the Prem, then got injured. It's like he's given up.

Arthur

i just dont see how you can criticise a pacey striker for making a great run that the midfielder didnt pick out. just seems rather silly to me 

I didn't criticise his run per se. My first contribution said that his inability to realise he was so far offside made me doubt his footballing nous. There is a difference.

Quote from: fulhamben on December 13, 2020, 08:41:41 PM
Quote from: Arthur on December 13, 2020, 08:35:15 PM
Anguissa's ball went through to Becker. Didn't play simply continue? Whatever happened, Kamara's run had no impact on what Liverpool did next.

yes it did. the ref could have easily played on if kamara checks his run and allisson comes out to get it.

I think the referee did exactly that: Becker had the ball so the referee played on.

... and you say im clutching at straws, yet you are lambasting the third quickest player in the league, for travelling a whole 15 yards past the back line because zambo didnt pick the pass quick enough. how crap was cav for kicking the ball at allsion twice when clean through. tosin? he missed two sitter. did rlc even manage a shot? not great for our central man.

If this were a topic about either Cavaleiro or Adabayeiro's failure to score, that is what we would be discussing. But it's not. Your attempt to drag these events into the this thread to imply I am being unfair on Kamara is, in itself, unfair.

In all likelihood, had you not made your 'you haven't played the game' comment, I doubt I would have replied. Perhaps it was just a throw-away remark on your part, but you can't expect me to defer to your opinion just because you've played a bit of minor league football.

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on December 13, 2020, 09:50:26 PM
i just dont see how you can criticise a pacey striker for making a great run that the midfielder didnt pick out. just seems rather silly to me 

I didn't criticise his run per se. My first contribution said that his inability to realise he was so far offside made me doubt his footballing nous. There is a difference.

Quote from: Arthur on December 13, 2020, 08:35:15 PM
Anguissa's ball went through to Becker. Didn't play simply continue? Whatever happened, Kamara's run had no impact on what Liverpool did next.

yes it did. the ref could have easily played on if kamara checks his run and allisson comes out to get it.

I think the referee did exactly that: Becker had the ball so the referee played on.

... and you say im clutching at straws, yet you are lambasting the third quickest player in the league, for travelling a whole 15 yards past the back line because zambo didnt pick the pass quick enough. how crap was cav for kicking the ball at allsion twice when clean through. tosin? he missed two sitter. did rlc even manage a shot? not great for our central man.

If this were a topic about either Cavaleiro or Adabayeiro's failure to score, that is what we would be discussing. But it's not. Your attempt to drag these events into the this thread to imply I am being unfair on Kamara is, in itself, unfair.

In all likelihood, had you not made your 'you haven't played the game' comment, I doubt I would have replied. Perhaps it was just a throw-away remark on your part, but you can't expect me to defer to your opinion just because you've played a bit of minor league football.
you don't think missing sitters is worse than making a run?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

karldutton

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 13, 2020, 06:49:10 PM
Didn't he get a red last time we brought him on?
Not last time but the previous game

70sPimlico

Really out of order thread title.

Players read this sort of stuff.

Personally I have no idea why a Fulham fan would post anything like this

SouthIslandWhite

Sorry, I have to admit that I have never been an AK47 fan. That said, I thought that he showed a bit of good hustle down some of those left side channels, but overall he did more damage than good.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Somerset Fulham

I won't lay blame at his door, or make him the scapegoat of the week, but he has never, ever been good enough.

Its as simple as that.

Andy S

Leicester Man City and Liverpool, I would have take 4 points from those games before we had kicked a ball.

perry geyton

Kamara the scapegoat F sake he had nothing to do with the free kick
Get a grip

RaySmith

You can't blame Kamara for the pen, it hit his arm, raised because he was jumping, even though he half turned as the ball came at him, and his arm wasn't   stretched out to the ball -  a natural response like everyone else's in the wall, and all players in walls in every game.

Completely ridiculous pen.
So now players  have to jump in walls with their arms  by the sides.

Ridiculous.

The ref was blatantly biased, and i don't use  those words lightly.

Missed motd, but just seen on the BBC site, that the pundits praised the ref, thought he  was very good!!!!!
No-one can tell me that that our first pen appeal, which ref looked at for about 10 minutes, wasn't a pen.

rebel

Quote from: RaySmith on December 14, 2020, 04:52:16 AM
You can't blame Kamara for the pen, it hit his arm, raised because he was jumping, even though he half turned as the ball came at him, and his arm wasn't   stretched out to the ball -  a natural response like everyone else's in the wall, and all players in walls in every game.

Ridiculous.

Missed motd, but just seen on the BBC site, that the pundits praised the ref, thought he  was very good!!!!!
No-one can tell me that that our first pen appeal, which ref looked at for about 10 minutes, wasn't a pen.

The thing is 'football' is his job, although part of a team. The 'Rules' are unfair, but he knows or should know the 'Rules', he transgressed the 'Rules' so the team got punished. To debate that he needs to be in that position in order to jump is a futile one. Yes he needs to get elevation, yes that would be restricted because of the 'Rules'. Trying to do a jump from a standing position is hard enough.

bobby01

Quote from: RaySmith on December 14, 2020, 04:52:16 AM

Ridiculous.

The pundits Alex Scott who seems to be everywhere on tv and jenarse who is also appearing everywhere say it was a penalty for them, then Jenarse says Fabinho got the man before the ball but he does not want games run by var, the ref should overrule it. Garth crooks says in team of the week on Bobby Reid no penalty to them definite one to us.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

filham

With Parker's present tactics he needs pace up front so Cav. and Kamara have to feature. We need to dip into the transfer market in early January.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on December 13, 2020, 09:32:46 PM

I noticed that too. Shouldn't have turned his back in the wall, so I was already thinking 'you wally', then that offside just reinforced it.
For a bit of balance 3 players in that wall jumped and turned

Just the views of a long term fan

rebel

Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2020, 01:28:47 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 13, 2020, 09:32:46 PM

For a bit of balance 3 players in that wall jumped and turned

Yep, but it hit Kamara, they all know the Rules, they must practice defending free kicks in training ground sessions.