more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kamara - kiss of death sub

Started by 3 Cherries, December 13, 2020, 06:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: colinwhite on December 13, 2020, 08:55:18 PM
Great performance by one and all and Kamara has a part to play. Disappointed he turned his back in the wall when he jumped  for the pen though .  You keep the wall compact and stand strong at all costs .That was schoolboy stuff.
The instructions are for all to jump, thats why the lad lays on the ground and as I show below 3 turned their backs
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Quote from: rebel on December 14, 2020, 01:36:45 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2020, 01:28:47 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 13, 2020, 09:32:46 PM
Quote from: Arthur on December 13, 2020, 07:10:01 PM
A shame about the impact the substitution had on the match. Cavaleiro drops back and gives away a needless free kick from which Kamara concedes a needless penalty. The moment in added time when Kamara ran 15 yards offside without realising that he was makes me think he hasn't enough nous for this league.

I noticed that too. Shouldn't have turned his back in the wall, so I was already thinking 'you wally', then that offside just reinforced it.
For a bit of balance 3 players in that wall jumped and turned

Yep, but it hit Kamara, they all know the Rules, they must practice defending free kicks in training ground sessions.
Amnd it hit Kamara, and if it had hit Cav would we have a thread about how hes to blame, or if it pearolled towards lookman on the floor and hit his arm?

Its an unfair penalty against whoever and some on here who hate...and yes thats the word....Kamara just have another stick to hit him with.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: 3 Cherries on December 13, 2020, 06:32:38 PM
Kamara came on gave away the penalty - did little else (Mitro did the same...)

You kind of knew it would happen. Although I don't blame him - one of those things where I don't like the rule and he is a victim of a rule that isn't in the spirit of the game. But yeah, as soon as I saw it was AK coming, you just sort of knew it was either going to end in heroics or tears- no inbetween! And I knew we'd see this post too.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2020, 01:49:15 PM
A shame about the impact the substitution had on the match. Cavaleiro drops back and gives away a needless free kick from which Kamara concedes a needless penalty. The moment in added time when Kamara ran 15 yards offside without realising that he was makes me think he hasn't enough nous for this league.

I noticed that too. Shouldn't have turned his back in the wall, so I was already thinking 'you wally', then that offside just reinforced it.

Yep, but it hit Kamara, they all know the Rules, they must practice defending free kicks in training ground sessions.
Amnd it hit Kamara, and if it had hit Cav would we have a thread about how hes to blame, or if it pearolled towards lookman on the floor and hit his arm?

Its an unfair penalty against whoever and some on here who hate...and yes thats the word....Kamara just have another stick to hit him with.
Thanks for really sensible posts, MJG, on a thread loaded with undeserved nastiness.

mrmicawbers

Never look at things that happen  from that perspective.Maybe there's no penalty whats to say Liverpool go on to score anyway.Or we get our penalty and then miss and our heads drop and Liverpool go on to win.The main thing is it was a great performance and will spur us on for the rest of the season.Looking forward to our games now bring it on.

Sting of the North

Quote from: toshes mate on December 14, 2020, 02:20:37 PM

Thanks for really sensible posts, MJG, on a thread loaded with undeserved nastiness.

:plus one:

Twig

I really don't think you can blame AK for the pen. He jumped as instructed and turned as many do in that situation. Neither do I think he did that badly during his relatively short time on the pitch.
That said he wouldn't have been my choice of sub in the circumstances, I would have used TC to try to give us more control in midfield.

alfie

As for running 15 yards offside, he was right to make the run, Anguissa just did not release the ball early enough.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

rebel

Well, it's a forum, we could all start threads where we all concentrate on all the positives, where the negative aspects of the game are totally ignored. As for players reading threads / forum and negative comments, that's 'part and parcel' of being a footballer. There is no other occupation where you get paid £30,000 per week, under perform and get to keep your job.   

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on December 13, 2020, 06:37:11 PM
Quote from: Southdowns White on December 13, 2020, 06:34:59 PM
Can't blame him for the penalty but apart from that was a headless chicken and offered very little.
is that a joke, won every single header, probably had well over 90% passing accuracy and was winning tackles as well as actually closing down at pace. he did well when he came on.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg people just get a down on a player and can't help moaning, if he is so crap why does Parker play him?

MJG

Quote from: epsomraver on December 14, 2020, 09:12:13 PM
Can't blame him for the penalty but apart from that was a headless chicken and offered very little.
is that a joke, won every single header, probably had well over 90% passing accuracy and was winning tackles as well as actually closing down at pace. he did well when he came on.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg people just get a down on a player and can't help moaning, if he is so crap why does Parker play him?
I like the fact that in two playoff finals with two different managers he started each game.

rebel

Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2020, 09:18:24 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on December 14, 2020, 09:12:13 PM
I like the fact that in two playoff finals with two different managers he started each game.

At the moment, he's lost his 'sparkle', he's been given opportunities, why isn't he a 'regular starter?'

MikeCdawg

Even if kamara collected the ball from an inside position, he would have missed the opportunity anyway. Pointless argument.
We need someone better for backup

Statto

For a bit more balance, the others are only half-turned (only number you can see in that picture is 47) and they also have their arms tucked in. Souness actually said something similar post match - he said Anguissa did what he's supposed to (ok he's further from the ball, but you can see his arm across his body in that picture, in contrast to Kamara, whose arm in the full footage is way out to the side) and that showed why Kamara was wrong.

kiwian

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 14, 2020, 05:24:01 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on December 14, 2020, 02:20:37 PM

:plus one:
Totally agree, 4 pages of mostly negative comments for a player who was only on for 20 minutes or so. Give the guy a break, nobody's perfect.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

MJG

Quote from: Statto on December 15, 2020, 12:15:16 AM

For a bit more balance, the others are only half-turned (only number you can see in that picture is 47) and they also have their arms tucked in. Souness actually said something similar post match - he said Anguissa did what he's supposed to (ok he's further from the ball, but you can see his arm across his body in that picture, in contrast to Kamara, whose arm in the full footage is way out to the side) and that showed why Kamara was wrong.
by your comment then the other two are wallys as well for turning as well.

rebel

Agree 100% with Statto.

Statto

Quote from: MJG on December 15, 2020, 05:46:03 AM

by your comment then the other two are wallys as well for turning as well.

At worst they're half wallies for only being half-turned, whereas Kamara is full wally  :005:

But materially, I don't think either of them, unlike Kamara, would have fallen foul of the new handball rule had the ball hit them, specifically the following:

'The hand/arm is clearly away from the body and outside the "body line".'
'A deflection clearly makes no difference to the ball touching a hand/arm that is clearly extended away from the body and/or above the shoulder.'

Q&A: What is the new handball rule? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54321867

Also (this part not aimed at you) have to say I object to some of the comments about this thread being negative etc. I'm a big fan of AK47 and have generally defended him after his various mistakes in the past. But he made another mistake on Sunday, like Lookman did with the penalty the other day and all players do from time to time. No it doesn't make them bad people or useless but fans should still be able to discuss the incident on a forum IMO.

I Ronic

Cav's been given a lot of playing time recently much to the disgust of a fair few on here but that game time is slowly working for him. AK gets a few minutes to make his mark and try and get more game time.
The fella needs more time and those on his case need to count to ten and move on.

colinwhite

Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2020, 01:47:12 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on December 13, 2020, 08:55:18 PM
Great performance by one and all and Kamara has a part to play. Disappointed he turned his back in the wall when he jumped  for the pen though .  You keep the wall compact and stand strong at all costs .That was schoolboy stuff.
The instructions are for all to jump, thats why the lad lays on the ground and as I show below 3 turned their backs

Well you can jump of course, but never turn your back on the ball in a wall. Not having a go at Kamara , down to the coaching staff,because oour wall was a joke, and turning your back is schoolboy for me.