watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Arsenal v Burnley

Started by Fernhurst, December 13, 2020, 07:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambridge Pete

Well who would everyone prefer as FFC manager? Arteta or Parker.  My vote is Parker

rebel

Burnley has a game in hand too.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: andyk on December 13, 2020, 09:15:31 PM
Most of  us fully expected to be sitting on 4 points this evening.  So, to have 8 points is fantastic. Fair play to Burnley, battling, well organised  and deserved to turn over a terrible Arsenal . But I can't wait to play them, we are miles better and getting better with every game.

Absolutely this.

If we can beat Brighton then it drags Arsenal into it.  :005:

brightster

Big games now coming up, Brighton (3 points)  Newcastle (can beat them 3 points)and we  we must beat Burnley away in Jan. Spurs and Southampton in between need at least 1 point from those 2.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Wingnut on December 13, 2020, 08:33:17 PM
Such a shame we played Arsenal at home on the first day of the season.
With a championship back line...none of which are currently starting.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

rebel

My 8th or higher finish is on. We've scored more goals then Arsenal.

LC

Arsenal won't get regulated come on guys. It's between us, Burnley and Brighton

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: rebel on December 13, 2020, 09:26:43 PM
Well I'm still sticking with 15th but I love your optimism.

filham

Today's results makes our match against Brighton a must win six pointer. we have put n a good performance today but now we need to pick up 3 points.
Arsenal look less likely to score goals than we do and good soon join us in the bottom three. Perhaps we could sell Seri to them in January.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: filham on December 13, 2020, 09:37:08 PM
Today's results makes our match against Brighton a must win six pointer. we have put n a good performance today but now we need to pick up 3 points.
Arsenal look less likely to score goals than we do and good soon join us in the bottom three. Perhaps we could sell Seri to them in January.
Exactly and a perfect opportunity on Weds to get 3 fat points. COYW.

rebel

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on December 13, 2020, 09:36:48 PM

I called our unbeaten 23 match run in the Championship (on a different forum, now history), so I'm pretty confident. Remind me in May.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: rebel on December 13, 2020, 10:24:08 PM
Quote from: FFCFOREVER on December 13, 2020, 09:36:48 PM

I called our unbeaten 23 match run in the Championship (on a different forum, now history), so I'm pretty confident. Remind me in May.

Well its true, we do need to go on a massive run to make the top 6!

Colton F.C.

Group of six anyone!  Arsenal very lucky to have started with that facile win against now defunct combo Parkerball FC. COYW

Whitestone

Burnley were dreadful yesterday. Sure they got the win and fair play to them. I can understand the criticism that Arsenal are getting but the game swung on the idiotic behaviour of Xhaka. I didn't see anything from Burnley to cause concern. They are resolute at the back but totally lacking when on the front foot, relying on set plays.  They have very little pace in the team and will continue to find it difficult to score goals. They are a very poor team. If we continue progressing in the manner of recent matches we will pick up more points than Burnley over the rest of the season.

Pieter A’dam

Quote from: Whitestone on December 14, 2020, 07:31:28 AM
Burnley were dreadful yesterday. Sure they got the win and fair play to them. I can understand the criticism that Arsenal are getting but the game swung on the idiotic behaviour of Xhaka. I didn't see anything from Burnley to cause concern. They are resolute at the back but totally lacking when on the front foot, relying on set plays.  They have very little pace in the team and will continue to find it difficult to score goals. They are a very poor team. If we continue progressing in the manner of recent matches we will pick up more points than Burnley over the rest of the season.
agree 100%, over the next 26 matches we should be able to get more points than burnley ... however we must not loose against them.

mrmicawbers

Not sure how it happened very oddbut I ended up looking at post from January 2019 talking about our record at Turf Moor.I think it's time put that one to bed. After our recent performances I'm sure we can.

Pieter A’dam

Burnley' next four fixtures are: Villa, Wolves, Leeds and Sheffield. I guess this the window they hope to get 7-8 points minimum and move up the table.

RaySmith

Don't write Burnley off.
They are  a tough proposition, very hard to break down, and  with a battling quality instilled by the manager.

And experienced at staying in the Prem.

Statto

Agree with the last two posts

We can't rely on Burnley having a crap season

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on December 15, 2020, 11:32:04 AM
Agree with the last two posts

We can't rely on Burnley having a crap season

Totally agree but who can you see being drawn into it if not us? Brighton maybe? But I think they'll be too strong.