watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Vaccine

Started by Dodgin, December 14, 2020, 10:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

Off today to get my vaccine jab at local hospital, my idea was I wouldn't get to a game this season. Not now.

Sgt Fulham

Good man. I know its important to keep politics off this board but as someone who works in the Pharmaceutical industry, namely for one of those involved in the vaccine project I am glad you're taking the sensible option. I hope you make it to a game soon.

Holders

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 14, 2020, 10:08:16 AM
Good man. I know its important to keep politics off this board but as someone who works in the Pharmaceutical industry, namely for one of those involved in the vaccine project I am glad you're taking the sensible option. I hope you make it to a game soon.

Common sense shouldn't be political!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

flyingfish

Interesting. I was an outpatient at St Georges last week and I walked past a vaccine clinic set up.

Do you mind if I ask - are you n a group identified as 'vulnerable'? Just wondering how this is all working as my in-laws in their 90s (but not out patients anywhere or in a care home) haven;t heard anything yet.

Dodgin

Flyingfish, yes I'm in that vulnerable group

rebel

Quote from: flyingfish on December 14, 2020, 10:12:59 AM
Interesting. I was an outpatient at St Georges last week and I walked past a vaccine clinic set up.

Do you mind if I ask - are you n a group identified as 'vulnerable'? Just wondering how this is all working as my in-laws in their 90s (but not out patients anywhere or in a care home) haven;t heard anything yet.

Maybe contact their GP -

The priority list is as follows:

1)residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2)all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3)all those 75 years of age and over
4)all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals [footnote 1]
5)all those 65 years of age and over
6)all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
7)all those 60 years of age and over
8)all those 55 years of age and over
9)all those 50 years of age and over

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-the-jcvi-2-december-2020/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-the-jcvi-2-december-2020#vaccine-priority-groups-advice-on-2-december-2020

blingo

Blingo still wont be taking it. Sorry but I don't trust any of the vaccines at the moment.

rebel

Quote from: blingo on December 14, 2020, 10:45:20 AM
Blingo still wont be taking it. Sorry but I don't trust any of the vaccines at the moment.

Ask the nurse if you can have it on the bottom, if you think it's going to hurt you, 'Carry On' fashion.

Twig

My wife and I are in category 5 and can't wait to get it. It's not just important for our protection, we both also see it as a social responsibility.

Holders

Quote from: Twig on December 14, 2020, 11:14:30 AM
My wife and I are in category 5 and can't wait to get it. It's not just important for our protection, we both also see it as a social responsibility.

THIS.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Craven Mad

Not in any of the categories, but can't wait to get it.

Vaccine passports are the path back to a normal life. Bring on 2021!

Peabody

I am having mine on Wednesday. I am 81 and a type one diabetic. Had no hesitations in accepting the invitation

Woolly Mammoth

Now is not the right time to surround yourself with positive people.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

I am third in the list being 75 but I am concerned about any possible after effects.

092.gif

Craven Mad

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 14, 2020, 11:40:22 AM
Now is not the right time to surround yourself with positive people.

:005:

HV71

Quote from: Holders on December 14, 2020, 11:16:31 AM
Quote from: Twig on December 14, 2020, 11:14:30 AM

THIS.

So right~ it is the responsible thing to do. I am certainly no fan of this government - but they have thrown money at the problem and as citizens we should play our part in trying to keep this virus at bay.

alfie

Group no 4. that's me.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Quote from: bog on December 14, 2020, 11:43:47 AM
I am third in the list being 75 but I am concerned about any possible after effects.

092.gif
I understand that you will have to wait for the second dose before before it will enable you to run a 4 minute mile.

Seriously though how are they working their way through each group, I am in group 2 and clinically at risk and haven't heard a word as yet. Is it a postcode lottery.

clarkey

Well said Twig.Perfectly put.

The more who take it the sooner we get back to normal.The safer we are the less pressure on the NHS.

The anti vaxxers only have to look at the history of small pox, MMR and Polio. Who in their right mind would not take extra precautions if travelling up the Zambezi or going to India for example ? Who would not take an anti tetanus jab if they trod on a rusty nail ?

We could have a problem with Wednesday though...Tier Three for London would cancel fans going, that includes me and my boy. Real shame......

Andy S

Why are people more frightened of the vaccine than three virus