watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

London in Tier 3

Started by Gezza, December 14, 2020, 03:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gezza

London will enter Tier 3 from Midnight on Tuesday. So assume no fans at Brighton Game !

Maidstone Lee

Yep no fans on Wednesday now. Such a shame, made a real difference!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

_Putney_

Southcoastffc

Extract from new rules:

From 00.01hrs on 16 December, pubs, restaurants, bars and cafes must close, except for takeaway, drive-through and delivery services.
Entertainment venues including theatres, concert halls, cinemas, museums and galleries, must close.
Organised activities for elite athletes, the under-18s and disabled people will continue.
Spectators will not be allowed at sports events and live performances.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ALG01

I was on the verge of posting the same. I was due to attend but it seems that events have conspired against. Still my seats were near the front and rain threatned so at least we will be dry!

flyingfish

Absolutely gutted. 10yo who was looking forward to it so much is devastated. Tears over dinner.

I don't think she will be able to watch on TV either due to the burning disappointment so I'm going to find something else to do with her, so no football at all for me...

Twig

Quote from: flyingfish on December 14, 2020, 05:20:43 PM
Absolutely gutted. 10yo who was looking forward to it so much is devastated. Tears over dinner.

I don't think she will be able to watch on TV either due to the burning disappointment so I'm going to find something else to do with her, so no football at all for me...

Really sorry for her.  As adults we can shrug our shoulders and move on, but when you are 10 it seems like the end of the world.  Everyone on this MB should wish her Happy Christmas.  Please allow me to be first!

flyingfish

Thanks!

We watched the liverpool game and were struck by how loud the supporters sounded - i had thought that spacing out would be anathema to getting some songs going but apparently not. After a cracking performance to liverpool and hearing the crowd we were both totally up for it.

Kids have had so much taken from them this year, school,the company of friends, many hobbies and interests put on hold, not being able to see grandparents. No big family xmas this year either. It's been really rough on them. This was just another nail in the coffin of 2020

bobby01

Quote from: Twig on December 14, 2020, 06:17:12 PM

Really sorry for her.  As adults we can shrug our shoulders and move on, but when you are 10 it seems like the end of the world.  Everyone on this MB should wish her Happy Christmas.  Please allow me to be first!

Totally agree with twig, merry Christmas young fish, your time will come soon.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Fulham 442

Quote from: flyingfish on December 14, 2020, 06:24:55 PM
Thanks!

We watched the liverpool game and were struck by how loud the supporters sounded - i had thought that spacing out would be anathema to getting some songs going but apparently not. After a cracking performance to liverpool and hearing the crowd we were both totally up for it.

Kids have had so much taken from them this year, school,the company of friends, many hobbies and interests put on hold, not being able to see grandparents. No big family xmas this year either. It's been really rough on them. This was just another nail in the coffin of 2020

So sorry for you and your daughter, especially as you were so close to attending on Wednesday makes the disappointment so much greater. That's the trouble with the situation we're all in, rules and regs can change almost instantly which makes planning anything so much harder and as you say so difficult to explain to children...

Mince n Tatties

The fans made the difference against Liverpool.
Hope the team can respond again without them there...Coyw

Southcoastffc

Don't give up. Make the tv viewing extra special.  Favourite food & drink, treats, surround a sofa with any FFC regalia etc., black and white balloons. Give her a Fulham hospitality package at home.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

flyingfish

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 14, 2020, 07:04:29 PM

Don't give up. Make the tv viewing extra special.  Favourite food & drink, treats, surround a sofa with any FFC regalia etc., black and white balloons. Give her a Fulham hospitality package at home.

great idea, thanks

Finnans Right Peg

Really sorry for the kid but don't give up .Get in touch with the club see can they send something out for her .

A good few years ago now my missus took me to see Fulham against villa for my 30th and the club were suppose to wish me a happy birthday  on the score board at ht as a surprise but it never happened my missus was fuming and got in touch  with the club well a week later the club sent me a letter of apology  and a signed prrograme from the game which was even better .So you never know they would have had programmes prrinted and do something for you too

Twig

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 14, 2020, 07:04:29 PM

FFC home hospitality package. Love it.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Anyone know for sure if it is okay to pop down to Brighton today (Tuesday), and stay in a hotel for the night and come back on to London on Wednesday as a kind of very small two day holiday ?

I think it is, but a bit confused... I just fancy a change of scenery before the tier kicks in.