watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sounds Like

Started by JimmyConway, December 16, 2020, 07:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

WBA have blinked first ! Looks like Sam Allardyce going in there. Be interesting to see how there team looks come February? There's a few managers out there at the moment but i suppose the owners think this is perhaps there best chance of survival but at what cost?

Tempest

Think they still go down, will be tougher to beat but still bottom 3. With Sheffield United struggling I do think 1 relegation spot is available. Think that will be someone outside bottom 4 who goes in to free fall. A Newcastle or Leeds?

Great result for them last night though.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Statto

They're now denying any approach for Big Sam but not denying that Bilic is going.

Sacking Bilic is a bit ridiculous IMO. Most clubs coming up are spending £100m like we did in 2018. We didn't spend that much this year but only because we've got some really ambitious loans with options/commitments to buy, and we had Anguissa returning. Leeds came up ahead of West Brom and have spent £100m. West Brom came up with arguably the weakest team of the three promoted sides, and have only really added a couple of players, one of them a Championship striker. What did the board expect to happen?

Personally I reckon they'll just implode if they replace the manager now.

Sgt Fulham

I hope not, Big Sam gets the job done. I think the reason Bilic is going is that he has annoyed the board.

Maidstone Lee

Big Sam keeps teams in the Premier League, plays average football at best but is effective. Hopefully if he does go there his record comes to an end.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Wingnut

Big call by the board after that result last night. Big Sam's record speaks for itself but this is a big challenge for him. Not convinced that his style of play and approach will work. VAR is going to drive him potty.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

HV71

Agree with Statto
Also interesting that they would seem to be employing similar tactics in this removal that the Khans did with Slav...... have a new appointee in the wings ( don't employ him for a game you expect to lose heavily) then fire the incumbent in the days after the game. Only problem is - West Brom didn't lose last night and put up a plucky display to earn a point.

Embarrassing- but unlikely to change their mind ( if they did that might mean another brown envelope for  someone)