watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Major improvement in this Fulham team

Started by JimmyConway, December 14, 2020, 11:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

But worried it will all be wasted due to striker options or lack of. Mitro has not been right since end of last seasons campaign and we have no plan B. We know his a yard or two off the pace but would of been perfect to come on yesterday in those last 15-20 mins.
Having said that we are more likely to beat Brighton with pace up front but then come Saturday he'll be perfect up against a less dominant centre pairing as he would against Southampton.
Thought all the three up front yesterday put in good shifts but at times when we broke there was a lack of white shirts in the key areas. I don't see Anguissa and Lemina chipping in with many goals and difficult to think Bobby will get many in that role his occupying at the moment.
The last thing we want is for team to get demoralised for keep playing well without reward.
If we are going to survive this season we must have a couple more options in the forward line come January.

Really good team performance yesterday against the Champions but next three games should not be taken for granted and this is where we need to not drop off in performance because of opposition we face.

gang

We definitely need another striker, Mitro has been carrying an injury but when he recovers he will hopefully return to the player we all know.

Bill2

Thought that Mitro should have replaced RLC in the second half, didn't realise he was not even on the bench.

Dr Quinzel

The addition of faster players, but also players with just faster feet and touch (Anguissa, Lemina, Lookman) has made a world of difference. They seem a second ahead mentally than other players we've had in recent years, which is great. Mitro was a miss yesterday towards the end of the game, but I'm not sure he would suit best if he was the loan man up top for 90 mins. I'd consider looking at Jean-Philippe Mateta from Mainz.

WindyCity

I might get toasted for so saying, but I'm not so sure Mitrovic is the goal scoring answer FFC needs.  I think we're all seeing that staying in the Prem is mostly about "pace".  FFC last season in their promotion push near end of season won most/many of their games sans Mitrovic.  And w'eve already seen that we don't miss him all that much in recent games v top sides.  Now, don't get me wrong, I still like him as a player and he had helped this club realize two promotion seasons.  Fair play to him, kudos.  But I'm just not so sure he is the answer moving forward.  We still need accomplished forward/striker at the January period, hopefully a player with speed/pace and known ability to score goals.  This team is starting to come together now, with a much improved back line defense and midfield which will help immensely in survival chances.  Not sure how/where/when Mitrovic plays to strengthen FFC and produce goals.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Bill2 on December 14, 2020, 12:32:59 PM
Thought that Mitro should have replaced RLC in the second half, didn't realise he was not even on the bench.

I read somewhere that he had minor ankle injury

Milo

Mitrovic/Tete sub should be our current plan B against the top teams. Cross the ball for Mitro.. more direct.

70sPimlico

I think the people saying Mitro should have come on as sub are looking at him purely from a striking perspective. I think that when Mitro is up front we don't keep the ball as well and when we lose it, we are easier to play against. I am (sadly) beginning to think that what we gain from an attacking perspective does not cover what we lose from a defensive side.

I know he is good defending with his head from set pieces but I'm talking about when we're out of possession. I have been impressed with RLC's all round game, which is getting better.

I'm not saying Mitro is a flat track bully but he is definitely more influential when we are the stronger team.

Jims Dentist

We seem to play so much better without Mitro, and this as been the case for a while.

The current central striker Cav has improved a bit but is not the answer.

If we are serious about trying to stay up, we can't ignore this position yet again.

We should not be looking for a static target man though.