https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Warming to Lemina

Started by 3 Cherries, December 16, 2020, 10:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Cherries

Played well Saturday and was the only sub that made any significant impact IMO

fulhamben

Yes he is a lot more positive than reed.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ffcne

Think it was good tactics Reed did ok first half but tired .
Lemina came on and we got back at Brighton.

scotto2000

General

Quote from: ffcne on December 16, 2020, 10:44:02 PM
Think it was good tactics Reed did ok first half but tired .
Lemina came on and we got back at Brighton.

The only reason I think Reed starts is due to Lemina needing to recover and get back up to being match fit without being risked. Lemina simply is a better option in midfield than Reed - more dynamic, energetic, gets around a lot more and makes key passes and interceptions. Reed was too conservative, a bit shy on pace today and also stood off his man one or two times which opened up goal scoring opportunities for Brighton. Lemina would attack and tackle players in that position. Reed's a useful backup player.

ashteadFFC

I agree - I think Lemina is great addition to the squad and is a more dynamic player than Reed. That said, they will both play a big part this season.

FFCBadger

Agree Reed conceeds way too much space in between the lines. I watched back the Man City first half and, similar to last night, he's way too close to our back line. He's practically a defender for most of the game unless we're going forward.

Lemina can tend to lose the ball a bit as he's much more forward thinking than Reed which is I think why SP hasn't started him as much. We've needed some strong defensive displays recently to steady the ship which is fair enough.

On balance I'm pleased with the result last night as for long periods we were under the cosh.
But annoyed as a TC or Lemina in midfield early in the 2nd half would have given us the dynamic needed to counter Brighton

fulhamfever

TC, AM, KT and ML are going to be great to have over this crazy period.

Bill2

Lemina's tackling is the best at the ClubI like him a lot made a big difference when he came on yesterday.

Bill2

Quote from: 3 Cherries on December 16, 2020, 10:09:23 PM
Played well Saturday and was the only sub that made any significant impact IMO
Have to say I thought Moitro also made  big difference, strong with the ball and for a big man he does have a delightful touch, look at when he laid that header off to Lookman.

Huxley

Looks like he wears kids shorts... seem very tight. But yeah, really like him and the way gets stuck into other players. All clean, and unlike harry Arter, I don't get the feeling he will get a red card every game.

FFC1987

Good. He's a genuinely talented player and adds to this squad.

filham

Lemina to start at Newcastle I think providing he is fit with reed ready to take over at 60 minutes if he shows signs of tiring.

PaulJ123

Yeah do like Lemina. Think he is a class above Reed who is still a useful player to have.