watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well that was dire to watch.

Started by fulhamben, December 16, 2020, 08:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithh

Quite a few seemed "off the pace" it seems due to the Sunday game. I'm not a professional athlete but cannot understand how they can be so tired - I thought this was a must-win but virtually from the outset the team did not play anything like their best.

colinwhite

Robinson was very solid. Without him Ramptey would have had a field day. Come on .

A few loose passes and his crosses arent good enough. Has been superb for us and he is learning. The criticicm of him is well out of order.

colinwhite

Ben, if all you could think about at half time was entertainment value, then we clearly look at being a supporter very differently. The team was struggling against a physical opponnent but we stuck in there ,didnt lose and could have even won.
One thing you cant fault the team for was effort. Some days things click and some they dont. We have had a run of games to be happy with and are moving forward. The main thing I took from that game is that we hung in there and didnt fold. If we carry on working and fighting like that we will be fine, and you might even be entertained along the way.

WindyCity

Quote from: colinwhite on December 17, 2020, 05:25:39 PM
Robinson was very solid. Without him Ramptey would have had a field day. Come on .
A few loose passes and his crosses arent good enough. Has been superb for us and he is learning. The criticicm of him is well out of order.

Hey, Robinson is one of my favorite players.  I think he's done a great job so far with FFC.  That said, he is not above critique, is he?  Quite a few loose passes v BHA and was part of the mess up that produced the goal that was eventually erased by VAR.  He can have an off-game, like anyone else, he's human.  And you're right, he did limit Lamptey to a great extent.  Just an observation that he wasn't at his best v BHA.

AnOldBrownie

Agreed.

Personally, I think the criticism of the team in general (including Scott) in this game was undeserved.   Wasn't our best...   Still loads better than how we performed on the pitch in our first 4 games.

Not a great performance...but two teams fighting their hearts out for a point.

We really do need a better attacking bench option (at this level) than Mitro and AK47.

Statto

Each to their own opinion. But for the record my views/comments on  him aren't just based on the Brighton game. Generally he's been a bit like an LB version of AK47 IMO

colinwhite

Quote from: Statto on December 17, 2020, 07:01:33 PM

His skill levels arent great Statto,but he is nt a mistake waiting to happen either. Defensively has performed very well and given us height,pace and physique and a left foot.Not perfect but an excellent signing for a young boy coming straight from Wigan to the premiership looks pretty good from where Im sitting.Take away his pace and strength,would he be decent player? dont think so but hes been solid even if his game is based on his physical attributes for me.

Each to their own opinion. But for the record my views/comments on  him aren't just based on the Brighton game. Generally he's been a bit like an LB version of AK47 IMO

FFC1987

Robinson certainly could be better in terms of his final ball but lets face it, if he adds that, he goes to the very top. How often do you see a player of his quality, his athleticism, ability to defend, box to box energy, can win headers as well as loves a tackle in fulham sides? I'm so thankful we have him and honestly, don't care that his final ball isn't the best because he offers so much more to us which we've sorely missed over the years since maybe Fred. I'd wager, if we had him last season, we'd of walked the league last season, or at least finished second comfortably. He's been such a breathe of fresh air.