watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Really p***** off.

Started by bog, December 20, 2020, 09:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Steve Bruce says that the only bit of attacking threat they showed in the 2nd half was the move that won the penalty. You didn't win it you conned it. I am sick and tired of VAR incompetence and cheating bast*** players.  :031: :031: :031: :031:

Every credit to the lads for seeing the game out for a point after such a disgrace. The odds of that ref giving us that last minute pen? 1000000000/1

As has been rightly already Scott was spot on.    :54:

092.gif

SG

Us old timers don't recognise the game any more. It really is a shambles

Woolly Mammoth

It most certainly is a shambles and has been ruined. Football is eating itself from within because it is now built on sand, and if the trend is not reversed, football will collapse like a pack of cards sooner rather than later.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sgt Fulham

Upon waking up i am still angry. What an absolute disgrace. The ref and linesman ought to be ashamed of themselves, and Callum Wilson also the grinning idiot.

Jules

Very angry as well. And why wasn't the last  min handball looked at? I remember a couple of seasons ago at Brighton when a pen went against Mitro for handball in the box. No hesitation from the ref.

bog

I wonder if that late handball had been in favour of Liverpool.... :022:

092.gif

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on December 20, 2020, 10:46:53 AM

092.gif

How many times over the years Captain has Fulham suffered  from "Little Club" syndrome with decision after decision not going our way?

I loved Alan Wiley as a ref as his impartiality shone through. I loved him as much as Fergie hated him.

You and I remember the infamous Burnley semi final in 1959? when their keeper wiped out Cookie but no pen given.

The history repeats its self right up to last night!

Still raging this morning.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SG

Fernie the semi final was 62. I was there 😡

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 20, 2020, 11:20:33 AM
Quote from: bog on December 20, 2020, 10:46:53 AM

092.gif

How many times over the years Captain has Fulham suffered  from "Little Club" syndrome with decision after decision not going our way?

I loved Alan Wiley as a ref as his impartiality shone through. I loved him as much as Fergie hated him.

You and I remember the infamous Burnley semi final in 1959? when their keeper wiped out Cookie but no pen given.

The history repeats its self right up to last night!

Still raging this morning.

Fernhurst, you beat me to it! 1962 and as you say that Mo penalty that wasn't given still rankles large!  :031: :031:

filham

Well VAR seems only to have added to the controversy over the Newcastle penalty and did not quite come up with the right conclusion. Time for VAR to be withdrawn surely.
It seems that the TV viewer gets more views of the incident than the ref. has available on the VAR screen, no wonder there is disagreement.

I thought Anderson was guilty of shirt pulling outside the area but that Wilsin reacted to the slightest of accidental touch of feet in the area by diving.

Now the shirt pull could have prevented a goal scoring opportunity so going strictly by the book the ref could give a red card and a free kick. The only real punishable incident in the area was the dive, so Wilson should have also have been given a card.

somerset cockernee

I think VAR is the perfect technology for fairness, however it is not making decisions. it is human beings doing that.

bog

Chris Foy in the MOS says 'Jochim, you had to go, the ref was right'   P*** OFF!  :031: :031:

092.gif

Peabody

Looks as though Andersen will only miss one game and as Konglo is fit, it will be a good chance to assess him. (Sorry about spelling). As far as yesterday is concerned, it was disgraceful, not only the sending off and pen against us, also the Lookman in the area trip, which was much more obvious than theirs and to top it off the handball in their area. I am furious.

cmg

VAR proves what eveybody who has ever played the game knows; that it is not possible to play with your feet without from time to time coming into contact with your opponent.
What VAR cannot do is prove intent. You need a competent, fair referee to do that, and it will be a judgement call. RLC's yellow card tackle obviously had the primary intention of stopping the man rather than securing or denying possession, as have many of Stefjo's more notable efforts. But challenges such as Andersen's are entirely different. VAR can show the event but it needs a human to interpret it correctly.
Much more emphasis should be put on improving the standard of refereeing. Make it an attractive job with full-time training and much, much higher wages (which the PL could easily afford). Be ruthless in dumping the ones who do not come up to scratch.

MayoDomo

Quote from: SG on December 20, 2020, 09:18:48 AM
Us old timers don't recognise the game any more. It really is a shambles

I'm 26 and this isn't the game I fell in love with either. I think most of us are on the same side.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Cambridge Pete

VAR is not fit for purpose. The game is being ruined. Getting to a game costs a lot of money. If VAR continues I will not be able to justify the cost of attending more than one game a season as it is ruining the entertainment and excitement.