more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

should we send RLC back to chelsea?

Started by blingo, December 19, 2020, 10:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 20, 2020, 08:12:40 AM
To be honest - I don't know much about him.... where's his best position (and don't say on the bench)
and there in lies the rub. I can't work out if he has any strengths to know where his best position would be. The ink he played wide left for brom was it when he went on loan there. He played wide right for England and central for chelsea. I'd rather play Onomah
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

I would drive but not sure I'm allowed.
Just the views of a long term fan

Moltobueno

He's already said his plans are to play for Chelsea again. His body language is "not bothered" every game to be honest. Parker seem to rate him highly, hopefully he can get the best out of him.

Fulham 442

Quote from: blingo on December 19, 2020, 10:59:23 PM
He just doesn't seem to WANT to play for us
This sums it up for me.  This is a great opportunity for him to get fit and show Lampard what he can do.  Instead he acts as if we should just be grateful he turns up and strolls around the pitch.  I would send him back, we don't need passengers in our fight for survival.

Beamer

He shows enough in patches to see the talent he has if he could be bothered to sustain the effort required (Deli Ali / Pogba probably best examples) but unfortunately we don't seem to have a leader in the dressing room with the clout to point out the error of his ways in a way that the manager never could.

fulhamben

Quote from: Beamer on December 20, 2020, 09:54:30 AM
He shows enough in patches to see the talent he has if he could be bothered to sustain the effort required (Deli Ali / Pogba probably best examples) but unfortunately we don't seem to have a leader in the dressing room with the clout to point out the error of his ways in a way that the manager never could.
so you are blaming everyone else for him being a poor player. And Parker gets off Scot free for continually giving him game time 🤔. What amazes me is how all our other players continually turn up even though there is no leader in the squad to give them the coaching that the manager can't.

roberto w6

I thought he was going to be a massive success the first couple of times he played where he showed energy and positive moves towards goal. but I've been left disappointed since.
Not sure if it's not trying/doesn't want to play for us as even if he is resentful at being on loan here, unless a total idiot, he'd realise that the way to get back into Chelsea's plans or to get signed by another big club is to play out of his skin here.
I fear he's just lost it

Stevieboy

The comparison with Onomah is interesting.
For me Josh looks like he actually wants to play and be part of the Fulham 1st team.
I think RLC doesn't show that desire and maybe just thinks he is too good for us and can't wait to go back up the road.

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on December 19, 2020, 10:59:08 PM
Yep I've seen enough. Again he came on late and couldn't be bothered to shut players down or challenge for a header. On paper it was a great signing, in reality it's a costly mistake. As proved again today we can only win if 11 players are putting in a shift. I couldn't even tell you what his qualities are.

I think I would have preferred Kamara, at least he would have given the defenders a work out, they didn't need to mark RLC, just an occasional glance was enough.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Whitestone

RLC's performances are quite baffling. The potential is there but for some inexplicable reason we have only seen it in glimpses. His work rate is poor, he rarely attempts any headers, for a tall guy his feet barely leave the ground and I get the impression he's scared of making any challenge that might cause him further injury set backs. Something is not right IMO and I only hope he has the capacity to make the necessary changes because if he doesn't his career will stall.

70sPimlico

I think I may be in a minority in thinking he looks an absolute class player that is holding back because of his injury.

This guy has had a horrendous time with injuries. This was a comment in an article Loftus-Cheek's calves had halved in size due to inactivity. Surgery to repair his torn Achilles was much more complicated than Callum Hudson-Odoi's. It apparently looked "like a horse's tail". He had multiple setbacks throughout the second half of 2019. It was an especially cruel blow for a player who had overcome numerous injuries earlier in his career, including a lingering back issue.

He has fought back from injury, his career at the top is in the balance and, with other offers, he decides to rebuild his career at Fulham. Comments like "he isn't trying because he wants to go back to cfc" is, in my opinion absurd.

There's a saying in rehabilitation that says "don't look for the pain". I'm sure this has happened to many of us after some sort of injury. To me, he looks like he is thinking he might tweak something. He must be absolutely on edge. One more injury and that may be career over.

The fact that he has come to FFC to rebuild his career, means that I am hoping he comes through the next month. If he does, I'm fail sure these comments will cease.

RLC and Zambo in the centre of the park at full-strength is a frightening prospect.

If he can remain injury free, he'll be one of our best players. Thats my opinion.

fulhamben

Quote from: 70sPimlico on December 20, 2020, 08:24:07 PM
I think I may be in a minority in thinking he looks an absolute class player that is holding back because of his injury.

This guy has had a horrendous time with injuries. This was a comment in an article Loftus-Cheek's calves had halved in size due to inactivity. Surgery to repair his torn Achilles was much more complicated than Callum Hudson-Odoi's. It apparently looked "like a horse's tail". He had multiple setbacks throughout the second half of 2019. It was an especially cruel blow for a player who had overcome numerous injuries earlier in his career, including a lingering back issue.

He has fought back from injury, his career at the top is in the balance and, with other offers, he decides to rebuild his career at Fulham. Comments like "he isn't trying because he wants to go back to cfc" is, in my opinion absurd.

There's a saying in rehabilitation that says "don't look for the pain". I'm sure this has happened to many of us after some sort of injury. To me, he looks like he is thinking he might tweak something. He must be absolutely on edge. One more injury and that may be career over.

The fact that he has come to FFC to rebuild his career, means that I am hoping he comes through the next month. If he does, I'm fail sure these comments will cease.

RLC and Zambo in the centre of the park at full-strength is a frightening prospect.

If he can remain injury free, he'll be one of our best players. Thats my opinion.

brilliant, so we have to suffer with a player that isn't trying because he doesn't want to get injured. That's to our benefit how exactly?

70sPimlico

Quote from: fulhamben on December 20, 2020, 08:33:39 PM

brilliant, so we have to suffer with a player that isn't trying because he doesn't want to get injured. That's to our benefit how exactly?

That's not what I said.
One of us will be right mate. If he stays injury free over the next month, I think it will be me.

Lets hope I'm right, eh.

Woolly Mammoth

Let us keep Ruben he will be another string to our bow, he will come good and contribute in Fulham avoiding the trap door.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

colinwhite

Hasnt been great but we know he can be a lot better.

hopper

Really does feel like the fanbase is desperate to tear him down and make him the scapegoat. Agree something isn't quite right, a slight lack of confidence and nerves potentially. I think suggestions he doesn't care are slightly harsh.

In all this is probably a transitional season for him, and can understand fans POV that we don't want to be some rehab for him while fighting a relegation battle. IMO he's already contributed to some points on the board and he will help us get more through the season. He seems to play raise his game against better teams

Moltobueno

Comments like "he isn't trying because he wants to go back to cfc" is, in my opinion absurd.

If that was pointed towards me, I just rely on what I've seen from his body language from our games. The fact that he has stated himself that he wants to go back to Chelsea, is not what I meant being the reason of his (lack of) contribution.

Riversider

Season long loan, wont be going anywhere before the end of the season.

fulhamben

Quote from: 70sPimlico on December 20, 2020, 08:47:39 PM

That's not what I said.
One of us will be right mate. If he stays injury free over the next month, I think it will be me.

Lets hope I'm right, eh.
i think it's guaranteed that he will be injury free, as he doesn't exert himself enough to break sweat, let alone injure himself. If it is all to do with his previous injury then he needs to drop to the 23s. We can't afford passengers.

70sPimlico

Quote from: fulhamben on December 20, 2020, 09:31:23 PM
Quote from: 70sPimlico on December 20, 2020, 08:47:39 PM

That's not what I said.

Lets hope I'm right, eh.
i think it's guaranteed that he will be injury free, as he doesn't exert himself enough to break sweat, let alone injure himself. If it is all to do with his previous injury then he needs to drop to the 23s. We can't afford passengers.

Fortunately for FFC, we have some good people behind the scenes. I'm happy for Ally Harris and the team to make the call on his state to play for the first team. I thought he was superb against Liverpool & Leicester but faded late in both games. I thought he looked jaded against Brighton.

A week in training and I expect a good performance against Saints.

Lets just hope for the best