watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (07/12/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 07, 2010, 07:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1336256/Fulham-Southampton-starlet-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain.html?

Fulham move in on Southampton starlet Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Fulham are to step up their interest in Southampton's latest teenage sensation Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

The 17-year-old, son of former England winger Mark, is highly-rated within the club and has been monitored since the start of the season.

Ful of promise: Southampton teenage sensation Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is being tracked by Fulham and Arsenal

However, Arsenal are also keen and Fulham want to tie up a deal quickly.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has scored five goals already this term and been capped at Under-17 level.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1336256/Fulham-Southampton-starlet-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain.html#ixzz17PRzeQ2V

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/December/Advent7-Mascot.aspx?

Be the Mascot

Buy a Junior Half Season Ticket today for a chance to lead the First Team out at a selected away game!

From only £99 our Junior Half Season Tickets are fantastic value. For today only we are offering any 5-12 year olds who purchases a Junior Half Season Ticket the opportunity to lead the team out and warm up on the pitch with the players before a big away match.

As well as guaranteeing your place at all nine remaining Barclays Premier League home games of the 2010/11 Season, you will also benefit from the following:

• 'Fiver Side' – bring two mates to the West Brom home match for just £5 per ticket
• Fultime magazine
• Discounts on away travel
• Free entry to Reserve games
• Free Maestro's Lounge hire

Buy your Half Season Ticket today online or by phoning 0843 208 1234 (option 3) and take advantage of this great deal.

Terms & conditions: Mascot packages available to 5-12 year olds only. Fulham FC reserves the right to select dates for the mascot package.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/December/Advent7-Mascot.aspx?#ixzz17PSObq00

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/Kamara-hopes-goal-gives-him-a-chance.aspx

KAMARA HOPES GOAL GIVES HIM A CHANCE

Fulham striker Diomansy Kamara hopes his goal at Arsenal on Saturday can keep him in the Fulham first-team.

The Senegalese striker scored his second goal in just his fourth start of the season in the 2-1 defeat at the Emirates.

But with Moussa Dembele set to return for this weekend's clash with Sunderland and Andy Johnson coming close to full fitness, the 30-year-old's place is under pressure.

However, he hopes he has done enough to keep him in Mark Hughes's starting XI.

He said: "There's a lot of competition but some strikers are injured at the moment, so it's nice for me to start and get on the scoresheet.

"I've been working hard. We've got a lot of strikers, AJ is back, but I played well and scored."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/Gera-hopes-Fulham-do-better-against-Sunderland.aspx

GERA HOPES FULHAM DO BETTER AGAINST SUNDERLAND

Gera ready for 'massive' game Cottagers forward targets Black Cats scalp Fulham midfielder Zoltan Gera admits Fulham's home date with Sunderland on Saturday has become a 'massive' fixture.

The Cottagers, following a bright opening to the season, have crashed into relegation trouble over recent weeks.

A six-match winless run has seen them tumble out of the top half of the table and into a basement battle.

They now sit just one place above the drop zone, with only goal difference keeping their head above water.

Just two wins all season tells its own story for Mark Hughes' men, with nine draws in 16 outings having held them back.

It is now imperative that they return to winning ways as quickly as possible and Hungarian playmaker Gera is hoping a welcome morale boost can be secured against the Black Cats.

He believes Fulham's showing in Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Arsenal has given them cause for optimism and feels if they play like that again next time out they will be fine.

"We have to build on this performance and, if we keep playing like we did today, we will start to pick up more points," said Gera.

"We were unlucky but Samir Nasri scored two fantastic goals. We created chances and were aggressive.

"The Sunderland game is massive for us, especially as we are at home. We need the three points.

"Hopefully we will play well like we did against Arsenal." .

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6557162,00.html?

Senderos targets Feb return
Swiss defender working hard to regain fitness

Fulham defender Philippe Senderos has targeted a comeback in February from his ruptured Achilles tendon.

The 25-year-old centre-half has yet to make an appearance for the Cottagers following his summer free transfer from Arsenal.

Senderos, who has had spells on loan at Everton and AC Milan, was in the stands on Saturday at the Emirates as his former club beat Fulham 2-1 in the Premier League.

The Switzerland international is working hard to get himself back to full fitness, and says his comeback is on track.

"We're working really hard and hopefully I will start running this month. From then on it can go very quickly," he told Sky Sports News.

Training

"Hopefully around February or March will be the target that we set in August, hopefully we are on line to get back at this time.

"I will be back in training (in January) I think, and then see how it goes from there."

Senderos admits he has been frustrated on the sidelines this season but is trying to remain positive.

He added: "It's always hard when you get injured, especially when you have just joined a new club.

"But I'm working on my fitness and I'm trying to get back as fit as I can and as strong as ever. It's a positive thing as well."

WhiteJC

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2010/12/gateys-chilly-weekend-roundup/?

Gatesy's Chilly Weekend Roundup
by GATESY

It's a worry and a scary time for us all when both I and Lawro get our predictions correct. This was one such day.

Upon first trudging out of The Emirates on Saturday evening I wasn't as down as I usually am after a loss. I'd been expecting far worse you see. But an hour later (and after walking about a thousand miles to find a station) and mulling the game over with my away day buddy, the dourness had rubbed off onto me too and I realised that we could, and possibly should, have taken something from the game. It's all very well having possesion and putting in half decent performances, but its making them count that'll stop us playing at Coventry and Watford next season. Three wins in the last 21 games isn't fantastic, and Saturday could have slightly improved it to four.

It didn't start great, though both of Nasri's goal was pretty special, but you have to think our defence did look a bit like The Chuckle Brothers have joined the coaching staff. He took on about 17,000 Fulham defenders in the box (an estimation) like a chimpanzee riding on a segway and dispatched a decent first goal. Later on he'd put away another nice little goal too. He's not looked too bad this season, A plus point for us was Kamara. Looking lively upfront and was making some decent runs and attempts to break down the flimsy Arsenal back five. It seemed that it took until the end of the game before the Whites remembered that Flapihandski is a bit dodgy and by flinging a few balls into the box may benefit us.

Other than failing to test the 'keeper, Hughes decisions of games to give Matthew Briggs a run out in confuse me a little. Thankfully he was withdrawn after a third of a game where Nasri was in danger of giving the young lad twisted blood. I was also intrigued by the numbers of different colour boots on parade. I noticed pink, yellow orange, blue, white and black. The most diverse in the league? Possibly.

With United having a break due to the lovely Blackpool weather, the win took Arsenal a point clear at the top of the table.

A team I'm very thankful for is West Ham. They've not won away since we last did, so it was no surprise to see them go down 1-0 up in Sunderland. With the Black Cats sporting a three pronged attack they could have made West Ham pay even more. Is he deluded or clinically insane? Either way Grant reckons the Hammers are getting better.

"The team are progressing and getting more efficient. "Unfortunately, it didn't happen on Sunday, but we can take a lot from this game and move forward."

Lets hope it takes some time for them to fully improve, as it probably wouldn't take a lot for them to close the 3 point gap we have on them.

Wolves took a hammering too at Ewood. Even after their 7-1 mauling last weekend the Rovers defence still seemed uneasy, but thanks to a decent show from their forwards and Robinson putting in a good shift they picked up a 3-0 victory.

In what turned out to be Hughtons last game as Magpies gaffer he saw them go down 3-1 to the Baggies at the other St James Park. A brace from Peter Odemwingie and another from Tchoyi effectively signed his p45. A consolation from Lovenkrands did luttle to help and before Midsomer Murders had started on Monday afternoon (I had a day off, I can watch what I like) he'd been told to clear his desk. Surely Jol, after playing us like a piano over the summer, leaving Ajax hours after Hughton left is just a coincidence?

Wigan and Stoke picked a point a piece after playing out a 2-2 draw, with the Latics twice coming from behind. Also playing out a draw were Brum and Spuds. Goals from Gardner and Bassong saw neither team move in the table. Although already out of one competition (League Cup), Gallas is still predictiing Spuds can win everything. One player less happy at White Heart Lane must be Robbie Keane. Just last week 'Arry said of the Irishman:

"He wants to play football. He trains hard, works hard every day, he's shown a great attitude. And probably the hardest decision I had to make was last week: I couldn't get him on the bench. It wasn't easy when you respect somebody and what a good player he is or has been. It was hard, because he's still a good player."

That, I imagine was what he wanted to hear – give him some hope. Presumably this was crushed when two sub keepers featured on the Spuds bench, yet Keane was left with his feet up at home.

A third draw on Saturday saw that lot down the road finish even with Everton. Perhaps being a tad lucky not to have Howard sent off for a first half challenge on Drogba, the Toffees cancelled out his penalty kick through Jermain Beckford. Baines worked the left wing like a trooper and is starting to look a bit tasty.

Up the top of the table City beat Bolton at Eastlands 1-0. On his 50th appearance in light blue Tevez score their goal and then had a little strop upon being subbed off. Despite finishing the game with ten men City should have put the game beyond all doubt but wasted a billy load of chances.

Last night Liverpool and Villa went to battle with the home side finishing off three nil winners. N'gog, Babel and Rodregez taking the shine off Houlliers return to Anfield. After their shocking start the Reds are now sitting in eighth, some seven points clear of us.

Next week the boys welcome Sunderland to the Cottage with us sitting in 17th place.

WhiteJC

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2010/12/07/ten-questions/?

Ten questions
Filed under: General — rich

1 Are you panicking yet?

2 Despite all the changes in approach, we still haven't won away.  Will this change soon?

3 What one thing would you like to see Mark Hughes change?

4 Matthew Briggs has started two league games:  Chelsea and Arsenal away.  Big ask isn't it?

5 What does England's David Stockdale do now that Mark Schwarzer's signed a new deal?

6 Was Mark Hughes too quick to renew Dickson Etuhu's contract?

7 Andrew Johnson:  took soon to write him off?

8 What do you think we need to achieve in January?

9 What do you think we will achieve in January?

10 Where will we finish?

WhiteJC

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/injured-ace-reveals-cottagers-comeback-plan-1130694.html?

Injured ace reveals Cottagers comeback plan

Defender Philippe Senderos is recovering well from his ruptured Achilles tendon and hopes to return to action for Fulham in February.
The 25-year-old Switzerland international centre-half has not kicked a ball in anger for the Cottagers since his summer switch from Arsenal after picking up the injury shortly after his arrival at Craven Cottage.

However Senderos has been working hard in his rehabilitation and has now got a comeback target to work to for early in the New Year.

The former Everton and AC Milan loan man told Sky Sports News: "We're working really hard and hopefully I will start running this month. From then on it can go very quickly.

"Hopefully around February or March will be the target that we set in August, hopefully we are on line to get back at this time.

"I will be back in training (in January) I think, and then see how it goes from there."

On his frustrating time on the sidelines, Senderos added: "It's always hard when you get injured, especially when you have just joined a new club.

"But I'm working on my fitness and I'm trying to get back as fit as I can and as strong as ever. It's a positive thing as well."

WhiteJC

http://tribalfootball.com/articles/fulham-willing-spend-big-freiburg-star-cisse-1306541?

Fulham willing to spend big for Freiburg star Cisse

Fulham are ready to splash out for SC Freiburg striker Papiss Demba Cisse.

Cisse has been in superb form for Freiburg this season and the Germans are reluctant to part with their top scorer.

However, with chairman Mohamed Al Fayed determined to back Cottagers boss Mark Hughes in the winter market, a £5million bid for Cisse is being prepared for Freiberg to consider.

WhiteJC

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/hitman-eyes-place-in-hughes-plans-1130698.html?

Hitman eyes place in Hughes' plans

Diomansy Kamara is hoping his goal against Arsenal will keep him in Fulham boss Mark Hughes' first-team plans.

The 30-year-old Senegalese striker got the Cottagers on level terms at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday, before Samir Nasri's second of the game sealed a 2-1 win for the Gunners.

However Kamara was pleased with his own performance and hopes that he will remain in the plans of Hughes given that Andy Johnson and Moussa Dembele are on the verge of full fitness and will be competing for starting places.

He said in the Fulham and Hammersmith Chronicle: "There's a lot of competition but some strikers are injured at the moment, so it's nice for me to start and get on the scoresheet.

"I've been working hard. We've got a lot of strikers, AJ is back, but I played well and scored."