more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

THE OFFICIAL SILLY SEASON JANUARY TRANSFER THREAD 2020/21

It's nearly here, so, may as well get this thread started now.

The January Transfer window is going to be a critical one for us, 2 or 3 shrewd signings, could help us stay in the Premier League.

It's called the 'Silly Season Thread' for a reason, so, please don't get upset with outrageous rumours, or, if any ITK's come forward, ALL are welcome ..

We will however, strip out any replies if this thread goes completely off topic.

Enjoy #FFC #FULHAMFC #SILLYSEASON

049:gif

Friendsoffulham

DevonFFC

Friendsoffulham

Southampton, Fulham and Burnley have 'shown interest' in player who wants to leave club in January

FC Rostov's Mathias Normann has emerged as a target for Southampton and Burnley.

That's what VG are reporting about the 24-year-old and also explain Fulham came forward to acquire his services in the last window

Louis Bell, the midfielder's agent, revealed in October the Russian side blocked his client from joining the Cottagers.

VG states the Norway international has already confirmed his desire to leave in the winter market, but things haven't been going smoothly since his failure to get a move away from Rostov in the summer.

An injury kept him on the sidelines for a month, before returning to action on November 22nd.

However, that hasn't stopped him from drawing attention from elsewhere. From the Premier League, Southampton, Burnley and Fulham have 'shown interest' in Normann.

VG adds Normann's next destination is likelier to be a top Russian club.

CSKA Moscow, Zenit St. Petersburg, FC Krasnodar and Spartak Moscow have interest and finances to attract the Norwegian to join them.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampton-fulham-burnley-shown-interest-player-wants-leave-club-january/

jayffc

And the first 2 on the list are Midfielders 🙈 ha!

Only up for this if we brought in a quality replacement for Ruben who would go back to Chelsea and see us bring in a decent forward prospect on loan.

That said I've also not completely given up on RLC just yet. But if we scored an attacking mid on a permanent that we can build on next year then so be it.

Mullers OG

It's a striker we need with pace and running. If we are to remain a premier league club we must have an upgrade on Kamara as our back up striker who's simply not good enough.

Yesterday was a classic example where we dominated in the first half but failed to capitalise. LC isn't a striker but he's the only viable alternative to Mitro. U.K.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Mullers OG on December 20, 2020, 05:37:42 PM
It's a striker we need with pace and running. If we are to remain a premier league club we must have an upgrade on Kamara as our back up striker who's simply not good enough.

Yesterday was a classic example where we dominated in the first half but failed to capitalise. LC isn't a striker but he's the only viable alternative to Mitro. U.K.
Spot on Mullers.
If the recruitment team don't go big and early on this then they can't be too serious about staying up.

LC

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on December 20, 2020, 04:13:37 PM

Seri spent last season on loan at Turkey so a part exchange for Seri would actually make a lot of sense. And I would take it.

jayffc

Quote from: LC on December 21, 2020, 12:52:23 AM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on December 20, 2020, 04:13:37 PM

Seri spent last season on loan at Turkey so a part exchange for Seri would actually make a lot of sense. And I would take it.

Considering how far Seri is from our first team right now who wouldnt! Hard to justify him holding much value though having not included him in out squad, wed still be paying a fair amount of that fee.

I was under the impression from people more in the know that for is a tricky one this year so would sooner see us splash any cash left in forward positions

LC

It will be an interesting transfer window for sure.

We're desperate for a forward, what we really need is someone who can run in and behind the lines rather than a Mitrovic type forward- a Louis Saha type forward is what we need. (Btw still a Mitrovic fan- I wouldn't sell him I would keep him but he wouldn't be my starting forward).

I'm interested to see whether TK will try and convert some of our loan signings to permanent deals this winter window (I expect not). I imagine Areola, Lookman and Andersen will only stay if we stay up, but I think the others might be possible. I would value those 3 at £50-55m. I read somewhere that Lemina and Aina have options exercisable in the summer for 6m and 10m. TK has converted some of our previous loan signings ahead of time before so I'm just interested to see if he tries to do the same this time around.

On another note, we have a lot of players on the books- we might see a few leave. If we stay up this year I would look to move on the following: Odoi, Ream, K-Mac, Johansen, AK, Fabri, Onomah, Seri, MLM, Christie, Mawson, Knockaert and lastly Betts (although I would be very sad to see him go).

Anyway, we need a striker as a priority and if we get that done early enough then a right sided forward.

filham

Oh, it has to be a pacey striker who can add to the goal tally, Seri has to be sold to help pay the transfer fee.

Woolly Mammoth

A Striker above everything else and no expense spared.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

The only places I think actually need strengthening are a striker / winger - nothing else imo - either both or 1 player who can do both roles

STH H3

rebel

Ryan Babel would be 'quality' if the club can go down that route, the pace is already in the team, the finishing just isn't. He knows the club and the Prem.

mkras99

Fulham, Southampton and Newcastle look to snap up £16m Portuguese defender Jorge Fernandes after impressive start to the season with Vitoria Guimaraes

Portuguese defender Jorge Fernandes is attracting attention from Premier league sides Fulham, Southampton and Newcastle United.

The 23-year-old centre-back has been starring for Vitoria Guimaraes who are coached by former Chelsea midfielder Tiago Mendes and are fifth in the Portuguese Liga.

Indeed, Vitoria have only conceded two goals when Fernandes has played this season with the 6ft 4ins Portugal U21 international proving a key component of their defence and catching the eye of a number of scouts in the process.

A product of Porto's academy, Fernandes is a ball playing centre-back who had spells on loan at Portuguese side Tondela and last season at Kasimpasa in Turkey.

Vitoria moved to sign him for a bargain £720,000 in the summer but he is already being valued in the £16million bracket.

Portuguese clubs have struggled financially following the coronavirus pandemic and are having to make tough decisions regarding the sales of some of their brighter prospects.

Premier League sides are equally reluctant to fork out big fees but recognise players such as Fernandes can prove an asset in the long-term.

Many English sides are searching for new defenders ahead of the January window though some will wait until the summer before they splash out substantial fees.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9075423/amp/Fulham-Southampton-Newcastle-look-snap-16m-Portuguese-defender-Jorge-Fernandes.html?__twitter_impression=true

FulhamStu

I think the revolving door will see far more players leave than come in.  From our 25 man squad who would you leave out if we were to bring 2 in.  I would go with 2 from Fabri Odoi, Ream, MLM... probably Fabri and MLM.   

We need a striker and right sided front man and we may need loans.  I would be happy to convert Aina and Lemina to perms, the other loans will not convert unless we stay up.  That could also be true for Aina and Lemina but could also be worth a try.

Unless we are willing to spend big, or can unearth a dream signing like we did with Robinson, Tete and Tosin, I feel loans is the most likely way to get the quality required.

Lyle from Hangeland

Breel Embolo is mentioned by this YouTube pundit. He is a young Swiss forward playing for Gladbach in the Bundesliga and Champions League. Don't see this happening in January.

roberto w6

Quote from: LC on December 21, 2020, 01:17:55 AM

We're desperate for a forward, what we really need is someone who can run in and behind the lines rather than a Mitrovic type forward- a Louis Saha type forward is what we need. (Btw still a Mitrovic fan- I wouldn't sell him I would keep him but he wouldn't be my starting forward).

I'm interested to see whether TK will try and convert some of our loan signings to permanent deals this winter window (I expect not). I imagine Areola, Lookman and Andersen will only stay if we stay up, but I think the others might be possible. I would value those 3 at £50-55m. I read somewhere that Lemina and Aina have options exercisable in the summer for 6m and 10m. TK has converted some of our previous loan signings ahead of time before so I'm just interested to see if he tries to do the same this time around.

On another note, we have a lot of players on the books- we might see a few leave. If we stay up this year I would look to move on the following: Odoi, Ream, K-Mac, Johansen, AK, Fabri, Onomah, Seri, MLM, Christie, Mawson, Knockaert and lastly Betts (although I would be very sad to see him go).

Anyway, we need a striker as a priority and if we get that done early enough then a right sided forward.

I absolutely agree with you about the qualities for a new striker and needing a right-sided forward.
Like you. I'd also try and convert the loans of Areola, Andersen, Lookman and Lemina. Together with Anguissa and Robinson, these 4 form the nucleus of a team which I could see doing very well and holding their own in the PL over many seasons provided we add another 5 of that standard. I'd happily let Aina and RLC go from what I've seen, although I guess there is still a remote chance that RLC may wake up and deliver but I doubt it. Aina just doesn't cut it for me
Regarding letting the others go, I would definitely keep Onamah and possibly Christie and StefJo. I think we have to be honest: if we keep these players and the others you mention out of PL match-day squads and then start playing them again if we know we're going down - what the hell do we really expect from them? You'd almost have a situation where they'd be playing well enough to keep their place but not well enough to get promoted because they know they'd be frozen out again if w ego up. We'd be better off letting them go now and rebuilding if we go down. Personally, I think Onamah and StefJo could still play a role on the fringes of the squad for us. Sorry but I can't see that if we'd played one of them instead of TC on Saturday that they'd have done any better or worse. KMac always struck me as an intelligent player who knows the club well, I'm not sure of his relationship with SP but, if good,  he might be useful to add to the coaching staff.

LC

Quote from: roberto w6 on December 21, 2020, 03:19:44 PM
Quote from: LC on December 21, 2020, 01:17:55 AM

I absolutely agree with you about the qualities for a new striker and needing a right-sided forward.
Like you. I'd also try and convert the loans of Areola, Andersen, Lookman and Lemina. Together with Anguissa and Robinson, these 4 form the nucleus of a team which I could see doing very well and holding their own in the PL over many seasons provided we add another 5 of that standard. I'd happily let Aina and RLC go from what I've seen, although I guess there is still a remote chance that RLC may wake up and deliver but I doubt it. Aina just doesn't cut it for me
Regarding letting the others go, I would definitely keep Onamah and possibly Christie and StefJo. I think we have to be honest: if we keep these players and the others you mention out of PL match-day squads and then start playing them again if we know we're going down - what the hell do we really expect from them? You'd almost have a situation where they'd be playing well enough to keep their place but not well enough to get promoted because they know they'd be frozen out again if w ego up. We'd be better off letting them go now and rebuilding if we go down. Personally, I think Onamah and StefJo could still play a role on the fringes of the squad for us. Sorry but I can't see that if we'd played one of them instead of TC on Saturday that they'd have done any better or worse. KMac always struck me as an intelligent player who knows the club well, I'm not sure of his relationship with SP but, if good,  he might be useful to add to the coaching staff.

I think we agree on most points here.
It's just a question of whether we let the fringe players go now or in the summer. Maybe some will go come January and others go in the summer- let's see how management handle it.

I know a lot of people don't like Aina and I agree the 10m buy clause is to much- but he has been a part of a back four that has done particularly well since it was assembled. If Tete gets injured again I wouldn't be overly nervous with Aina as a back up. If we can get him at a reduced fee I would probably take him- he's still fairly young don't forget. I would probably be a buyer at 5m or even another loan deal, but let's see what happens.

The main property this window is a Saha type forward.

Deeping_white

Josh King would be a best bet for a striker with pace and PL experience and also has 6 months left so will be sold in Jan. I think we need another RW too unless Cav plays there so potentially Demarai Gray, who although wouldn't be my first choice, may also be an option for a player looking to kickstart his career again and would stay should we go down. Think we'd also be able to structure deals by saying we'll pay X now and X if we don't get relegated which should entice teams as we could offer more via those clauses