Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Jamie88

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 21, 2020, 06:36:01 PM
Offer Brentford 8 mill for Toney

I think you'd need to add another 12-15 million to that and they'd still turn it down.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: rebel on December 21, 2020, 01:01:27 PM
Ryan Babel would be 'quality' if the club can go down that route, the pace is already in the team, the finishing just isn't. He knows the club and the Prem.

I have not seen much of Babel since he left Fulham, but if he is 80% of the player he was when he left Fulham he would be an improvement on Cav and Kamara for the direct #9. Certainly a better option than Kebano off the bench.

He knows the team and can get up to speed in the Premier League quickly. It also allows the club the remainder of the window to take a swing for the fences for another attacking player.

sarnian

It will be more difficult to sign foreign players this window with travel being restricted and new rules being put in place re brexit as to who meets FA criteria to allow them to play in the UK.

Hopefully we can pick up a couple of players.

filham

First thing to do is to make space and boost the transfer budget by moving Sri on.

jayffc

I think Origi is a great shout if hed come to us. Hes been linked with us a few times in the past so may well be on the radar. If we have the dosh to get him in I'd be pleased with that! Might have better options though

JimOG

Quote from: jayffc on December 22, 2020, 08:27:41 PM
I think Origi is a great shout if hed come to us. Hes been linked with us a few times in the past so may well be on the radar. If we have the dosh to get him in I'd be pleased with that! Might have better options though

Yep realistic target, quick but not so prolific to attract the Big Boys

Asotosyios

Quote from: JimOG on December 22, 2020, 08:34:29 PM
Quote from: jayffc on December 22, 2020, 08:27:41 PM

Yep realistic target, quick but not so prolific to attract the Big Boys

Wolves are rumoured to be interested in him as a replacement for Jimenez.

General

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 21, 2020, 06:23:21 PM
Josh King would be a best bet for a striker with pace and PL experience and also has 6 months left so will be sold in Jan. I think we need another RW too unless Cav plays there so potentially Demarai Gray, who although wouldn't be my first choice, may also be an option for a player looking to kickstart his career again and would stay should we go down. Think we'd also be able to structure deals by saying we'll pay X now and X if we don't get relegated which should entice teams as we could offer more via those clauses

+1 for Josh King. He can score at this level, has short time left on contract and is an upgrade to Cavaleiro. He'll have opportunities at Fulham, all our forwards get them, but he's just got a more clinical touch.

sarnian

King's 6 goals last season in the premiership isn't very prolific. Is he really what we need.

General

Quote from: WolverineFFC on December 22, 2020, 01:05:28 PM
Quote from: rebel on December 21, 2020, 01:01:27 PM
Ryan Babel would be 'quality' if the club can go down that route, the pace is already in the team, the finishing just isn't. He knows the club and the Prem.

I have not seen much of Babel since he left Fulham, but if he is 80% of the player he was when he left Fulham he would be an improvement on Cav and Kamara for the direct #9. Certainly a better option than Kebano off the bench.

He knows the team and can get up to speed in the Premier League quickly. It also allows the club the remainder of the window to take a swing for the fences for another attacking player.

Another +1, wonder why we didn't go down this route during the summer? Those two would make our starting line up actually look pretty good.

JEEVES

As I have actually been really impressed by our recruitment this time round, I'm really hoping we uncover a gem striker from a foreign league. Don't get me wrong I know that was a disaster last time round but we made a few international transfers this summer who I like the look of (counting Anguissa). But also looking around at what's available/ what we could realistically get in the English league.. Not a lot of options is there?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: sarnian on December 22, 2020, 11:04:49 PM
King's 6 goals last season in the premiership isn't very prolific. Is he really what we need.

Josh King will cost a lot of money for one player, we need to decide if we should instead spend the money on four or five championship players instead (like Jed Wallace), that we could need next year.

JEEVES

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 22, 2020, 11:34:21 PM

Josh King will cost a lot of money for one player, we need to decide if we should instead spend the money on four or five championship players instead (like Jed Wallace), that we could need next year.

I would be fuming if our board had your mentality and started buying championship players preparing for the championship. Ambitious aren't you. It's amazing how different our views are. Most of us sitting here thinking we can get a better striker than Josh king and you say he's a bit pricey and we should go for Jed Wallace 😂 wow.

PREMIER league quality players. We want PREMIER league quality players to help us stay up and play for us next year in the.. PREMIER league.  What are we Cardiff with Warnock as our manager?

Radiowhite

Quote from: JEEVES on December 22, 2020, 11:49:43 PM

I would be fuming if our board had your mentality and started buying championship players preparing for the championship. Ambitious aren't you. It's amazing how different our views are. Most of us sitting here thinking we can get a better striker than Josh king and you say he's a bit pricey and we should go for Jed Wallace 😂 wow.

PREMIER league quality players. We want PREMIER league quality players to help us stay up and play for us next year in the.. PREMIER league.  What are we Cardiff with Warnock as our manager?
Surely jed Wallace is a joke suggestion

LC

His contract expires in the summer and he's not playing for Bournemouth at the moment- he won't cost a lot at all. Probably up to £5m maximum, although I would start by offering a lot less.

My list of forwards would be:

Joshua King
Danilo (FC Twente)
Paco Alcácer
Kasper Dolberg
Ivan Toney

I have tried to give a real mixture on the list above. I personally think under the right circumstances we could bring any of them to the club.

JEEVES

Quote from: LC on December 23, 2020, 12:02:32 AM

His contract expires in the summer and he's not playing for Bournemouth at the moment- he won't cost a lot at all. Probably up to £5m maximum, although I would start by offering a lot less.

My list of forwards would be:

Joshua King
Danilo (FC Twente)
Paco Alcácer
Kasper Dolberg
Ivan Toney

I have tried to give a real mixture on the list above. I personally think under the right circumstances we could bring any of them to the club.

But why even suggest Ivan Toney? It's even more unlikely than the people who kept calling for us to sign Benrahma and Watkins after the playoff final. Brentford will NEVER sell us a good player. Their board simply won't do it out of respect for their fans. Only player I've seen come to us in my lifetime is David button and clearly they all had a laugh when that transfer went through. Missed the boat on Toney, should have gone for him before he put pen to paper with brentford. He literally just signed for them he's not goin anywhere.

Riversider

David Brooks at AFC Bournemouth is an outstanding player and would fill that gap at wide right,
Would cost a fortune though.

FFC1987

Hmm I don't think he would, he only has 6 months on his contract left? He might charge high wages i guess.