watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

King will be rusty as he hasn't been featuring in the squad for a long time. He will be hungry though. I'd be happy with him or Origi.

FulhamStu

When I watched a Bournemouth game a month or so ago, I watched King very closely.  He did virtually nothing, was not their best striker and looked a bit of a poser.   Now maybe he is not giving his all as he wants out, just saying what I saw.  Also, I watched quite a bit of Toney live for Shrewsbury and he was nothing great and I would say that Toney is miles off a premier striker.   We need too get an Andersen or Tosin, someone with ability not getting current game time.   I still think a loan is most likely and would spend money trying to convert to Perm one of our loans.  Probably in this order. 1. Andersen. 2. Lookman 3. Lemina. 4. Aina. Forget RLC and even though Areola is great think our future keeper should be Rodak and we don't need to break the bank on Areola.   Having said that don't think Andersen or Lookman would sign so go for Lemina or/and Aina and bring in a loan striker or 2.

Asotosyios

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 23, 2020, 08:55:49 AM
When I watched a Bournemouth game a month or so ago, I watched King very closely.  He did virtually nothing, was not their best striker and looked a bit of a poser.   Now maybe he is not giving his all as he wants out, just saying what I saw.  Also, I watched quite a bit of Toney live for Shrewsbury and he was nothing great and I would say that Toney is miles off a premier striker.   We need too get an Andersen or Tosin, someone with ability not getting current game time.   I still think a loan is most likely and would spend money trying to convert to Perm one of our loans.  Probably in this order. 1. Andersen. 2. Lookman 3. Lemina. 4. Aina. Forget RLC and even though Areola is great think our future keeper should be Rodak and we don't need to break the bank on Areola.   Having said that don't think Andersen or Lookman would sign so go for Lemina or/and Aina and bring in a loan striker or 2.

I agree with this - young players that can't quite make it at a big club, but have potential and have shown that they can develop into good players.

Forward-wise, we could keep an eye on Lucas Nmecha - he plays for Anderlecht on loan from Manchester City. He was on loan at Middlesbrough last year, but didn't play a lot. This year in Belgium, he has 9 goals in 15 games. I am not necessarily he should go for him, but these are the kind of players we should keep track of.

sarnian

King has only played 6 games this season and haven't scored. He has been carrying a thigh injury for some time.  Move on to someone who is fit to start and won't demand sky high wages like King who thinks he is better than he actually is.

Maidstone Lee

Adam Armstrong at Blackburn would be a great signing. 15 in 18 in the Championship this season and only 18 months left of his contract. Only 23 so fits our recruitment policy. We'll probably have to look at home players this window due to the current situation. 
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

colinwhite

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on December 23, 2020, 09:54:58 AM
Adam Armstrong at Blackburn would be a great signing. 15 in 18 in the Championship this season and only 18 months left of his contract. Only 23 so fits our recruitment policy. We'll probably have to look at home players this window due to the current situation. 

he would be perfect

Mullers OG

We need to make some room, both of those in the 25 squad and those outside who need to move on for the sake of their careers.  MLM, Johanson, McDonald, Kamara, Seri and possibly Ream and Odoi. 

There are some of those I would be very sad to see go, such as Johanson, McDonald, Ream and Odoi, all of whom have been great servants of the club but time passes on for everyone.  Seri has been a disappointment when much was expected of him.  Kamara and MLM have never looked good enough - MLM perhaps due to injury.

Once space has been made a fast young intelligent striker who can run and run would give the side a real chance of staying up.   

Statto

I agree Armstrong looks like an exciting prospect but I can't see us going for him. We never seem to get involved in these bidding wars for the next big thing (which there will be for Armstrong, surely). Realistically we'll be looking at a much less obvious domestic signing (like Tosin), another loan, or someone from the continent.

Personally I don't think we need a proper striker necessarily, I'd settle for a right-sided equivalent to Lookman.

jayffc

Not convinced by him in honesty, a number of the goals have  been from the spot (yes I appreciate that might have been useful this year) but I think his goal stats flatter at the moment. I might be proved wrong later but watching a fair bit if footage of him he doesn't scream premier league quality to me.... hes  pacey enough at that level (and more so then Mitro of course) but not lightning fast and alot if the time I see him hes doing seemingly impressive things but I'm often left thinking- he wouldnt get away with that in the prem...wouldnt be surprised if he becomes one of those Chris Martin type players. A good bet for goals in the champ but not really likely a consistent a cut above that. Perhaps Dwight Gayle a kinder comparison.

As I say, that's just my initial instincts looking at his skillset.

Would much prefer the likes of Origi

Arthur

Perhaps an advantage we now have over the summer transfer window is that, back then, any striker coming to the Club was looking at playing second fiddle to Mitrovic. Any striker we approach for January will know he's joining us to come into our starting XI. This may help us attract a better player.

jayffc

Quote from: Arthur on December 23, 2020, 12:35:08 PM
Perhaps an advantage we now have over the summer transfer window is that, back then, any striker coming to the Club was looking at playing second fiddle to Mitrovic. Any striker we approach for January will know he's joining us to come into our starting XI. This may help us attract a better player.

True that.... might they even try and cash in on Mitro? Hadnt even thought about that being a possibility but if someone offered good money you never know!

roberto w6

Just hearing on TalkSport how Dele Alli and Jesse Lingard are both looking to move on to get first team football.
It said PSG and Leicester were favourites respectively
If those deals fell through I wonder whether we could be in the frame for loans until the end of the season? Especially Alli with Scott's Spurs links.
I've seen both play looking like Pele and, conversely, both play looking totally anonymous. They could both easily end up being another RLC. Probably wouldn't happen anyway...

Riversider

Jeroen

Would you change RLC for Delle?!?! To be honest not so sure - RLC brings power in our midfield where Delle would be a luxe player not bothered helping defence out (don't get me wrong Delle passing would be amazing, but not sure we need him right now)

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Jeroen on December 23, 2020, 01:53:50 PM
Would you change RLC for Delle?!?! To be honest not so sure - RLC brings power in our midfield where Delle would be a luxe player not bothered helping defence out (don't get me wrong Delle passing would be amazing, but not sure we need him right now)

Of course, it's a no brainer.

Radiowhite

Quote from: jayffc on December 23, 2020, 12:30:59 PM

Not convinced by him in honesty, a number of the goals have  been from the spot (yes I appreciate that might have been useful this year) but I think his goal stats flatter at the moment. I might be proved wrong later but watching a fair bit if footage of him he doesn't scream premier league quality to me.... hes  pacey enough at that level (and more so then Mitro of course) but not lightning fast and alot if the time I see him hes doing seemingly impressive things but I'm often left thinking- he wouldnt get away with that in the prem...wouldnt be surprised if he becomes one of those Chris Martin type players. A good bet for goals in the champ but not really likely a consistent a cut above that. Perhaps Dwight Gayle a kinder comparison.

As I say, that's just my initial instincts looking at his skillset.

Would much prefer the likes of Origi
Agree with this, don't see Armstrong as prem quality

Slaphead in Qatar

We'll be lucky to get a reasonable goal scorer in the jan window. Whose going to sell anyone who's banging them in at this stage of the season.

We got Mitro in Jan I think. So we just need to be lucky again and get someone whose at a loose end at their current club.

St Eve

Quote from: roberto w6 on December 23, 2020, 01:19:15 PM
Just hearing on TalkSport how Dele Alli and Jesse Lingard are both looking to move on to get first team football.
It said PSG and Leicester were favourites respectively
If those deals fell through I wonder whether we could be in the frame for loans until the end of the season? Especially Alli with Scott's Spurs links.
I've seen both play looking like Pele and, conversely, both play looking totally anonymous. They could both easily end up being another RLC. Probably wouldn't happen anyway...
No thanks

Andyb

Make a hugely ambitious move for adama traore, not starting for wolves...