more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 16, 2021, 02:08:30 AM
So not the pacey striker that everybody has been wanging on about then...

Precisely. Costa/Deeney types just won't fit into this side any better than Mitro will.

Milo

hovewhite

dfwilson84

Pretty confident we will bring in a striker on deadline day. That's when the majority of transfer business will be done in this window.

I think that puts Odoi at risk of loosing his squad place in the 25. I fully expect Onomah to take La Marchand's spot and with Reid, Tete and Aina able to cover RB/RWB and 5 centre backs ahead of Odoi, I think he will be the one to make way.

Holders

If Dwight Gayle is the new Jason Koumas, expect someone most of us have never heard of to be announced out of the blue on deadline day. If it's another of the quality like last window I'll be happy but the waiting is so frustrating. Perhaps windows should be shortened to a couple of weeks. 

No firm news on defenestrations either.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

JimOG

Quote from: Holders on January 16, 2021, 02:56:30 PM
If Dwight Gayle is the new Jason Koumas, expect someone most of us have never heard of to be announced out of the blue on deadline day. If it's another of the quality like last window I'll be happy but the waiting is so frustrating. Perhaps windows should be shortened to a couple of weeks. 

No firm news on defenestrations either.

King might be coming if West Ham opt for Dia but judging by Parker's Sky interview that he wants 'young & hungry' Dia would certainly fit that bill

jayffc

Quote from: dfwilson84 on January 16, 2021, 01:11:33 PM
Pretty confident we will bring in a striker on deadline day. That's when the majority of transfer business will be done in this window.

I think that puts Odoi at risk of loosing his squad place in the 25. I fully expect Onomah to take La Marchand's spot and with Reid, Tete and Aina able to cover RB/RWB and 5 centre backs ahead of Odoi, I think he will be the one to make way.

Would rather we drop Fabri personally...was he named in the original 25?

Deeping_white

Asotosyios

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 16, 2021, 11:00:53 PM
I pray we stay up, bargain...

Invalid Tweet ID?s=21

Not sure how accurate that report is - the asking price looks low. They bought him for £16m according to Transfermarkt and his contract expires in 3 years, so I would expect an asking price closer to £25m.

Statto

Quote from: Asotosyios on January 16, 2021, 11:05:38 PM

Invalid Tweet ID?s=21

Not sure how accurate that report is - the asking price looks low. They bought him for £16m according to Transfermarkt and his contract expires in 3 years, so I would expect an asking price closer to £25m.

Could be that we paid a sizeable loan fee, maybe £5m already. Put in a few add-ons and you've got a total cost closer to the fee you mention.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on January 16, 2021, 11:15:35 PM

Invalid Tweet ID?s=21

Could be that we paid a sizeable loan fee, maybe £5m already. Put in a few add-ons and you've got a total cost closer to the fee you mention.

Also have to factor in that covid is dropping fees as well, so I don't think it's an unrealistic value

Mince n Tatties

West Ham cool interest on Josh King after the players stunning wage demands.
Also want be moving till summer window according to one report this morning.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on January 16, 2021, 11:15:35 PM

Invalid Tweet ID?s=21

I'd imagine the reduction in cost is due to loan fee too, agreed.

Tabby

Reduction in fee due to loan fee doesn't make any sense unless there was already an agreed buyout clause when the loan was made. Leipzig already has that money without selling him.

FFC1987

Quote from: Tabby on January 17, 2021, 09:45:42 AM
Reduction in fee due to loan fee doesn't make any sense unless there was already an agreed buyout clause when the loan was made. Leipzig already has that money without selling him.

It does if they see a loan fee as recouping part of his sign on fee and don't suspect they'll get the same price. Like Seri for us, you can bet we're acknowledging loan fee's as part of his transfer value because no one is paying what we paid.

Jeroen

I think the reason why we haven't gone for an easy deal with Babel (send seri that way and we get Babel who knows the club) is that we are aiming for someone better with Babel being a fall back option.
Don't get me wrong I would love Babel and think he would be a good solution for this season, but it kinda fills me with hope!

hopper

Quote from: Jeroen on January 17, 2021, 12:29:40 PM
I think the reason why we haven't gone for an easy deal with Babel (send seri that way and we get Babel who knows the club) is that we are aiming for someone better with Babel being a fall back option.
Don't get me wrong I would love Babel and think he would be a good solution for this season, but it kinda fills me with hope!

Would seem so, why Babel didn't come here in a swap for Seri in summer I'll never know - we must have been hoping for a better offer from elsewhere but how we could have used Babel and Seri is not in the squad

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 17, 2021, 12:22:07 PM
Quote from: Tabby on January 17, 2021, 09:45:42 AM

It does if they see a loan fee as recouping part of his sign on fee and don't suspect they'll get the same price. Like Seri for us, you can bet we're acknowledging loan fee's as part of his transfer value because no one is paying what we paid.

Yep exactly. Remember the way transfer fees are accounted for is they're spread over the term of the player's contract as his value amortises. If you pay £25m for a player on a 5 year deal, you start off with an asset worth £25m and its value falls steadily down to zero when his contract runs our and he can leave for free. You book a £5m loss each year in the meantime. So in that scenario if you loaned the player out for a £5m loan fee each year for five years then he leaves on a free, you've got your money back.

HillingdonFFC

For those like me harbouring hope that we might be sniffing around Boulaye Dia, West Ham have made a 25 rising to 30m bid for Sevillas Youssef En-Nesyri. Can't see them getting both

grandad

King wants £120k a week. No way we would pay that. Move on.
Where there's a will there's a wife