The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie88

Quote from: fulhamben on January 20, 2021, 12:35:05 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 20, 2021, 12:27:22 PM
Quote from: Tabby on January 20, 2021, 12:06:10 PM
Quote from: The Cravenette on January 20, 2021, 11:02:01 AM
We have our full loan quota though don't we?  So we would have to send one back or make one perm to get another loan in.

Loan quota isn't a thing for players from foreign clubs. If we wanted to get a player from a domestic club we'd have to either buy Lemina or RLC or send one of them back though.

"With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas."

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

My understanding is we can't include more than 5 loans in the matchday squad (whether domestic or foreign)
i had this conversation with a sports writer in the summer. Neither of us can actually find a rule that states it for prem teams. So I don't think it's an actual thing. And I read through the whole prem rule book which I do not recommend.

I think you're right, there's no such rule in the Premier League, I think the confusion lies in the fact that the EFL have their own rules and one of them is the maximum 5 loans in a matchday squad rule

Friendsoffulham

Tabby

Quote from: Statto on January 20, 2021, 12:27:22 PM
Quote from: Tabby on January 20, 2021, 12:06:10 PM
Quote from: The Cravenette on January 20, 2021, 11:02:01 AM
We have our full loan quota though don't we?  So we would have to send one back or make one perm to get another loan in.

Loan quota isn't a thing for players from foreign clubs. If we wanted to get a player from a domestic club we'd have to either buy Lemina or RLC or send one of them back though.

"With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas."

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

My understanding is we can't include more than 5 loans in the matchday squad (whether domestic or foreign)

We've had RLC, Lemina, Aina, Areola, Lookman and Andersen in the same squad before. The matchday squad limit is a thing in the Championship though.

FFC In Oz

I'm not sure why Parker said we aren't interested in Dia.

We aren't going to be able to attract a world-class striker (obviously), so someone like Dia, leading the Ligue 1 goal scoring charts - is exactly the type of forward we SHOULD be looking to take a chance on.

Parker says we should be doing early business, and we've had no substantial links to anybody yet, not one player.

It wouldn't surprise me to see us get nobody in this window, except maybe for a prospect from the lower leagues.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 20, 2021, 02:00:38 PM

We aren't going to be able to attract a world-class striker (obviously), so someone like Dia, leading the Ligue 1 goal scoring charts - is exactly the type of forward we SHOULD be looking to take a chance on.

Parker says we should be doing early business, and we've had no substantial links to anybody yet, not one player.

It wouldn't surprise me to see us get nobody in this window, except maybe for a prospect from the lower leagues.

And they reckon he'll go for 13m which in today's money isn't a huge amount

Deeping_white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 20, 2021, 02:20:22 PM

£13m isn't normally an issue for us, but if we pay it and go down, it puts us in a really awkward position with regards to FPP. Appreciate it's a catch 22 as we need a good striker to survive and not buying one means we inevitably go down, but if we invest and still go down then it screws us for next season. Best thing to do is loan with obligation to buy should we stay up, which I'm sure is something the club are looking at.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 20, 2021, 02:50:37 PM

£13m isn't normally an issue for us, but if we pay it and go down, it puts us in a really awkward position with regards to FPP. Appreciate it's a catch 22 as we need a good striker to survive and not buying one means we inevitably go down, but if we invest and still go down then it screws us for next season. Best thing to do is loan with obligation to buy should we stay up, which I'm sure is something the club are looking at.
How much do the Khans trust SP? It's simple. Buy him forwards to give him a chance to stay up, or don't and relegate us again.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Deeping_white

Invalid Tweet ID?s=21

Nice want Seri and MLM back, we should swap them for Kasper Dolberg

mrmicawbers

Whatever the price you pay it over the length of contract generally

Jeroen

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 20, 2021, 03:33:21 PM
Invalid Tweet ID?s=21

I saw somewhere that he is looking to move (or they are looking to move him)
Good solution/option in my opinion

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Jeroen on January 20, 2021, 04:01:41 PM
Invalid Tweet ID?s=21

Looks like Nice are open to loaning him out. Leipzig want him. What's happened to him? He was supposed to the next big thing not that long ago.
Think if we wanted him  a deal to be done with Seri & Le Marchand maybe?

WhiteJC

Fulham open to offers for Stefan Johansen, Jean Michael Seri and Maxime Le Marchand

QPR are keen on Fulham's Stefan Johansen who was not included in Scott Parker's Premier League squad this season; Galatasaray want Jean Michael Seri back on loan while Maxime Le Marchand is attracting interest from former club Nice

Queens Park Rangers are interested in signing Stefan Johansen

Fulham are listening to offers for Stefan Johansen, Maxime Le Marchand and Jean Michael Seri during the January transfer window.

Queens Park Rangers are interested in signing Fulham midfielder Johansen. The Norwegian international was not included in Scott Parker's Premier League squad for the first half of this season.

Johansen, 30, has made 142 appearances for the club since arriving from Celtic in 2016, he is under contract at Craven Cottage until 2022.

The midfielder spent the second half of the 2018/19 campaign on loan at West Brom but returned ahead of the following season and played 33 times in the Championship as Fulham won promotion back to the Premier League via the play-offs.

Jean Michael Seri spent last season on loan at Galatasaray

Talks continue between Fulham and Galatasaray over the possibility of a loan deal for midfielder Jean Michael Seri.

A move would see the 29-year-old central midfielder join the Turkish club on loan for a second time, with Seri having played 37 times for the Super Lig side while he was there last season.

Seri's contract expires in the summer of 2022, he has the option to extend the deal by a further year.

Maxime Le Marchand played 12 times for Fulham last season but has made just two appearances under Scott Parker so far this term

Meanwhile, Ligue 1 club Nice want defender Maxime Le Marchand to return to the Allianz Riviera.

Fulham signed Le Marchand from the French side in July 2018 and the centre-back has featured just twice in the top flight so far this season.

Le Marchand also has a year and a half remaining on his current contract at Fulham.

Fulham, who are 18th and four points from safety in the Premier League, play Manchester United (January 20), Burnley in the FA Cup (January 24), Brighton (January 27), and West Brom (January 30) before the end of the month.

The winter transfer window is open until Monday, February 1 at 11pm.

Follow all the news and analysis on Sky Sports News and across Sky Sports' digital platforms, including our dedicated Transfer Centre blog.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/12193576/fulham-open-to-offers-for-stefan-johansen-jean-michael-seri-and-maxime-le-marchand

LC

Quote from: Jeroen on January 20, 2021, 04:01:41 PM
Invalid Tweet ID?s=21

I mentioned him on another thread. I think he would do well for us

MickyAdamsFamily

Kasper Dolberg would be an amazing catch.
I seriously doubt he would ever consider coming to us, but he's a huge talent. Maybe Andersen could help to convince him that we're building something special at Fulham, and we can use Seri & MLM to sweeten the deal for Nice. This is a pleasant fantasy, and I'm going to hold on to it for a while...
Dolberg is a big guy, but surprisingly fast. He holds the ball well with skilled footwork & has great interlink play with wingers. He would fit in very well with the style we've adopted. Plus, he's only 23.
Oh well, only 10 days until reality sets in...

Barrett487

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2021/bordeaux-enquire-for-jean-michael-seri/

Bordeaux enquire for Jean-Michaël Seri
Our colleagues at Foot Mercato report that Ligue 1 side Bordeaux have enquired for Fulham's Ivorian international central midfielder Jean-Michaël Seri.

Les Girondins are hoping to land the 29-year-old on loan with an option to buy – OGC Nice are also seeking to bring Seri back, per Eurosport.

Benfica had also been interested in Seri, but are understood to have turned their attention to other possible targets.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

colinwhite

The problem is do we know  that hes better than what we already have ? big difference between scoring goals in league 1 and Premier League.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on January 20, 2021, 06:34:13 PM
Kasper Dolberg would be an amazing catch.
I seriously doubt he would ever consider coming to us, but he's a huge talent. Maybe Andersen could help to convince him that we're building something special at Fulham, and we can use Seri & MLM to sweeten the deal for Nice. This is a pleasant fantasy, and I'm going to hold on to it for a while...
Dolberg is a big guy, but surprisingly fast. He holds the ball well with skilled footwork & has great interlink play with wingers. He would fit in very well with the style we've adopted. Plus, he's only 23.
Oh well, only 10 days until reality sets in...

Chance to reignite his career, which seems to have stalled a bit. Would've thought the premier League is at least as enticing as Leipzig who seem keen on him

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Barrett487 on January 20, 2021, 06:54:54 PM
https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2021/bordeaux-enquire-for-jean-michael-seri/

Bordeaux enquire for Jean-Michaël Seri
Our colleagues at Foot Mercato report that Ligue 1 side Bordeaux have enquired for Fulham's Ivorian international central midfielder Jean-Michaël Seri.

Les Girondins are hoping to land the 29-year-old on loan with an option to buy – OGC Nice are also seeking to bring Seri back, per Eurosport.

Benfica had also been interested in Seri, but are understood to have turned their attention to other possible targets.

5m and Seri for Oudin please

Slaphead in Qatar

Palace have got themselves a decent new striker from Bundesliga - Jean Mateta