watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 08/01/21...

Started by WhiteJC, January 08, 2021, 08:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Jamie O'Hara delivers Celtic and Rangers 'struggle' verdict as pundit insists FULHAM would win the Scottish Premiership

The pundit has offered some less than complimentary comments about the Scottish game and reckons the Cottagers would coast to a league title.

Radio pundit Jamie O'Hara has dropped another Scottish football hot take - by claiming Fulham would win the Premiership over Celtic and Rangers.

And the jibes didn't end there as he went on to describe Shane Duffy's move to Parkhead as akin to a sunny retirement in America's MLS.

The former Craven Cottage midfielder was complimentary to Steven Gerrard and Rangers as he admitted he needed to watch more games from north of the border after his previous comments describing Bournemouth as a bigger managerial job than the Ibrox role.

But that's where the compliments ended as he doubled down on his criticism of the standard of Scottish football.

He also admitted his surprise at Celtic success story Moussa Dembele after playing with the French striker in southwest London.

Speaking on talkSPORT's Sports Breakfast, O'Hara said: "Yeah, I think he (Gerrard) has done a brilliant job. He's done a fantastic job, I've watched him obviously this season because that statement I came out with highlighted it.

"So I thought, I best get on with Scottish football. Celtic have not been great at all with the way they've been playing.

"In terms of the quality, I don't think it's anywhere near the Premier League. I think both teams would struggle to stay in the Premier League, they'd find it tough.

"Would they survive over the course of a season, are they better than West Brom, Sheffield United and Fulham? I don't know.

"I think Fulham would win the league in Scotland. I look at it, I played with (Moussa) Dembele, who left Fulham and went to Celtic. He was good at Fulham, he was decent, scored some goals.

"He went to Celtic and he was unbelievable. I look at at that and I look at the standards..."

McCoist fired back: "Well what about the flipside - what about the guys that have come up and haven't done it? You've got Shane Duffy right away, and he's struggled.

To which O'Hara replied: "Coming off the back of a bad injury, and he's had his career, he's at the end of it. Going to Scotland is like going to the MLS!"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamie-ohara-delivers-celtic-rangers-23276466

WhiteJC

Club set to end deal with Stoke City man to secure signing of Premier League player

Galatasaray are set to terminate the loan deal of Stoke City midfielder Peter Etebo in order to fund the signing of Jean-Michael Seri from Fulham, a report from Turkish outlet Sabah has claimed.

Seri was previously on loan with Galatasaray last season, and has been left out of Fulham's squad for the first half of the current campaign, meaning he has made just two cup appearances for Scott Parker's side since his return from Turkey.

Now it seems as though Galatsaray are keen on a reunion with Seri, although it appears they will have to make some alterations within their squad to allow for that to happen, and it looks as though Etebo could be the fall guy.

According to this latest update, Fulham are demanding €500,000 to allow Seri to return to Galatasaray on loan, and as a result, the Turkish giants are now set to terminate Etebo's loan deal in order to ensure that can happen.

Since joining Galatasaray during the summer transfer window on loan with an option to buy, Etebo has started just five games in all competitions for the Turkish club, who he has also yet to score for.

Having joined Stoke back in the summer of 2018, Etebo has made 51 appearances in all competitions for the Potters, scoring twice, having spent the second half of last season on loan in Spain with Getafe.

The Verdict

This update on Etebo could be about to cause something of a problem for Stoke.

Given the difficult financial situation all clubs are working in at the minute, the Nigerian return to the club, which will add back on to their wage budget, could potentially make it harder for Stoke to get the deals they themselves need to make done this month.

However, from Etebo's point of view, this may not be the worst thing to happen, since he does not seem to be getting at Galatasaray at the minute.

A return to Stoke could give him the opportunity to do that, although that may most likely be in the form of another loan elsewhere, since it could be difficult for him to now break into the Potters' starting lineup.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/club-set-to-end-deal-with-stoke-city-man-to-secure-signing-of-premier-league-player/

WhiteJC

'Pathetic' – Pundit claims Mourinho was left with 'egg on his face' over recent comments

Former Tottenham forward Garth Crooks has blasted Jose Mourinho for labelling the Premier League's decision to call off Spurs' clash against Fulham last week just hours leading up to the game as 'unprofessional'.

Tottenham's clash against Fulham had to be postponed after a number of positive COVID-19 tests in the Cottagers camp but there was no official confirmation on the matter until just hours before kick-off (BBC).

Mourinho initially took to Instagram to complain about the lack of communication from the Premier League.

The Spurs boss later compared the situation to when he was coaching children back in Portugal.

However, Crooks believes that Mourinho was wrong to mock the decision and insisted that authorities are having to deal with an unprecedented situation amid the pandemic.

The pundit wrote in his BBC Sport column: "What made labelling the decision to postpone the event 'unprofessional' even more ludicrous was that Covid-19 harbours a capacity to strike anyone at any time. That's why our hospitals are near breaking point.

"In order for the national game to continue amid the coronavirus restrictions must take extraordinary planning.

"So to see an unforgiving Mourinho sarcastically mocking the Premier League on social media with the tag 'best league in the world' after arriving at the ground at 2pm still not knowing if his fixture was going ahead grated with me."

Crooks also insisted that Mourinho was left with egg on his face when Erik Lamela, Sergio Reguilon and Giovani Lo Celso broke the government rules and were pictured in a Christmas party along with several other adults.

He added: "However, Mourinho was left with egg on his face when three of his players breached Covid-19 restrictions by attending a Christmas party. Mourinho's explanation on Match of the Day was lame.

"To even suggest he can't monitor his players 24/7 was pathetic – he shouldn't have to. By breaking the rules, his players put people's health and safety at risk.

"Well, we all make mistakes but I think the term 'unprofessional' should not be directed at Fulham or the Premier League, but at Mourinho and his three players."

Spurs Web Opinion

Tottenham and Mourinho were critical of Lamela, Lo Celso and Reguilon and made it quite clear that their behaviour was not acceptable. However, the Spurs boss' criticism of a lack of communication from the Premier League was valid.

Even though it is true that we are in unprecedented circumstances, the Premier League have to finalise the decision on whether a match is going ahead or not, atleast 12 hours before the game

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/pathetic-pundit-claims-mourinho-was-left-with-egg-on-his-face-over-recent-comments/

WhiteJC

Hooper takes Fulham cup tie - Referee

For the second time this season, following an earlier goalless draw with Birmingham, Simon Hooper steps down from the Premier League to take charge of QPR at Loftus Road this weekend.

Referee >>> Simon Hooper (Wiltshire), two of his five Premier League appointments this season have been with Fulham, and they've won both – their only two league wins all season.

Assistants >>> Derek Eaton (Gloucestershire) and Ian Cooper (Kent)

Fourth Official >>> James Oldham (Derbyshire)

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/53851/

WhiteJC

Fulham youngsters likely to feature against QPR

Fulham plan to give what's left of their squad a run-out against QPR in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Scott Parker admits Covid-19 in the camp has altered his original plans, but he still expects to give most of his lesser lights a chance.

Midfielder Josh Onomah and keeper Marek Rodak look likely to get games, with the possibility of academy prospects Sylvester Jasper and Fabio Carvalho added to the bench.

The head coach explained: "This will be an opportunity for those who haven't played that much.

"With an eye on tough fixtures coming up, and with our squad that's not blessed with big numbers, we need to make use of it."

Despite a torrid time with illness, there was a ray of light for Parker insofar as the return of defender Terence Kongolo to a full week's training for the first time this season.

The man signed for around £3m on deadline day was briefly with the Whites last term in the Championship before breaking his foot just two games into his loan from Huddersfield.

The 26-year-old was recovering from the foot problem, but then added to his woes by damaging a calf.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-youngsters-set-to-feature-against-qpr-and-kongolo-returns-to-full-training

WhiteJC

Fulham slowly getting back on track after coronavirus outbreak, says Scott Parker

PA

Scott Parker says Fulham are slowly getting back to normal after weeks of coronavirus chaos caused by an outbreak at the club.

The Cottagers saw two festive games, first at Tottenham and then Burnley, postponed because of a high number of cases. Parker was left with a threadbare squad to work with during the last fortnight with a number of players isolating, while areas of the training ground were closed and cleaned in order to control the spread of the virus.

There were concerns that - as Southampton's third round tie with Shrewsbury has been - Saturday's FA Cup London derby with Queens Park Rangers was going to be postponed and perhaps forfeited by Fulham due to the case rate, though Parker will be able to put out a side this weekend.

While things are getting back to normal, it has not been easy for the Fulham boss.

"We had a bit of a rough time of late with what's happened," said Parker. "It's well documented. Some positive tests.

"We're getting up to speed with things, slowly improving and getting people back. It's been a bit of a difficult time but it is what it is. We're getting there slowly."

Fulham are yet to hold talks with the Premier League as to when the postponed games will be rescheduled for in an already crammed fixture list.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-slowly-getting-back-on-track-after-coronavirus-outbreak-says-scott-parker-b741141.html

WhiteJC

Mitrovic Covid breach dealt with internally as Scott Parker hits out

Fulham boss Scott Parker has branded Aleksandar Mitrovic's Covid-19 rule breach "not acceptable".

Cottagers striker Mitrovic was one of a number of high-profile players to have broken coronavirus restrictions over the festive period when he was pictured with Crystal Palace captain Luka Milivojevic on New Year's Eve.

The incident was particularly galling for Parker who himself had to self-isolate over Christmas after a member of his household tested positive, while Fulham's last two matches were postponed due to coronavirus cases among the squad.

"I'm disappointed," said Parker. "Myself and the football club were bitterly disappointed to see the picture of Aleks.

"He understands he's made a mistake. He understands it was irresponsible. It's not acceptable. We've dealt with that as a football club internally.

"Like anyone, you make mistakes and the one Aleks has made, he'll have to live with the consequences."
Parker makes responsibilities clear

Parker has urged footballers to take responsibility for their behaviour away from the training ground.

A handful of players from Tottenham, West Ham and Manchester City were also were caught ignoring the regulations over Christmas.

Parker added: "The responsibility not just on football players but on everyone in this current climate.

"There are strict guidelines and restrictions in place for the reasons we all know. It goes for everyone.

"We've got strict protocols, what you can and can't do, we get tested twice a week, but of course players need to take responsibility when they leave the premises or come out of our bubble in terms of what they are doing and who they are mixing with."

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/parker-brands-mitrovic-covid-breach-unacceptable

WhiteJC

Parker's Pre-QPR press conference

Scott Parker suggested that his side are starting to come through the worst of the Covid-19 outbreak as he begins to welcome some of his squad back.

Fulham prepare to face QPR in an FA Cup Third Round tie that will be our first game since Southampton on Boxing Day.

"We're okay. We've had a little bit of a rough time of late," he admitted. "We're getting up to speed and slowly improving, getting people back. It's been a difficult time, but it is what it is.

"We've got some really good work in and some good training with the team. We can start playing again which is important for us."

Calls for a Premier League circuit break have been heard after a sharp increase in Covid cases. A pause Parker feels isn't required.

"Every club has proven we can operate in a safe way, but there has been an upturn in cases. We have been working in this environment for some time, and we certainly want to play football. Do I think we need a circuit breaker? No, I don't.

"We've got some big games coming up. There's no denying that our main focus is being competitive in the league and we're not blessed with big numbers, but we've just had two weeks off, so we need to get up to speed in match environments."

When quizzed on transfer activity, the Head Coach acknowledged the need for another striker, but was uncertain on outgoings.

"If you look at the balance of our squad, we only have one recognised striker," he continued. "A lot of responsibility is on Mitro, obviously Cav's been playing there and done very well, but I would like to strengthen.

"Obviously, Mika [Seri] wasn't named in the 25-man squad so I'm sure he wants to play some football.

"The responsibility is not just on football players, but everyone. We have strict protocols, but players need to take big responsibility when they leave these premises and leave our bubble. We want to do our job, we want to play football, and we want to keep playing as long as it's a safe environment."

QPR have found life in the Championship tough this season, and Parker will use the game as a chance to get some minutes into his squad. He knows the previous fixtures against our rivals have been tough and expects Saturday to be no different.

"It gives us an opportunity to use our squad and keep developing. A win at the weekend is something we want.

"I know Mark [Warburton] really well, when I was with Spurs for a year, Mark would often visit us. He's a man with a lot of experience, a lot of quality. He'll put you under pressure with the ball. His teams have a clear identity.

"There's an opportunity for players who haven't played as much. This is an FA Cup game, both teams have quality. Mark and his team haven't picked up the results he may have wanted, but it'll be a tough game."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/january/Parker-s-Pre-QPR-press conference/

WhiteJC

Mitrovic 'dealt with internally' for breach of Covid-19 protocols

Aleksandar Mitrovic has been 'dealt with internally' by Fulham for breaking Covid-19 protocols.

The striker was depicted along with Crystal Palace captain Luka Milivojevic by Mitrovic's partner Kristina Janjic at a New Year's Eve party in London, with the footage posted on Instagram.

The Serbia internationals were seen celebrating indoors with at least seven other people, with the words 'Happy New Year 2021' accompanying the video.

Needless to say, this has gone down badly with Scott Parker and Fulham, and the head coach made no attempt to disguise his disappointment.

He said: "There are strict protocols at the training ground and players need to take that responsibility.

"Regarding the incident, myself and the football club were really disappointed to see the pictures of Aleks and what came with that – he knows that.

"He understands he's made a mistake. He understands he's been irresponsible.

"It's not acceptable and we've dealt with that as a football club internally.

"I think like anyone, you can make mistakes like what Aleks has made and you have to live with that and the consequences, but now we have to move on".

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/mitrovic-dealt-with-internally-for-breach-of-covid-19-protocols

WhiteJC

Nottingham Forest boss comments on Anthony Knockaert as loan spell officially ends

Fulham winger's City Ground deal has run out although the Reds do have an option to buy

Nottingham Forest's Anthony Knockaert is closed down by George Moncur of Luton Town (Image: Getty Images)

Winger Anthony Knockaert's loan spell at Nottingham Forest has officially come to an end today.

And Reds boss Chris Hughton says the club will consider "all their options" before deciding what happens next.

Forest have an option to buy the Fulham man, although trying to extend his loan until the summer would seem the most likely course of action.

They could face competition from elsewhere, however, amid suggestions there is interest from abroad.

"At this moment, what I can confirm is this is his last day, officially, of his loan," Hughton said.

"At this particular moment, he's not eligible for us.

"We are very much in a period of January where we are looking at the options – and all of the options we have.

"What I will say about Anthony is he has certainly given us something in this period of time, different to the other wide players we've got.

"Over the period of time he has started to have more influence.

"But we are in a January period where we have to start making decisions. And we hope there are decisions to be made."

Knockaert has improved as time has gone on during his spell at the City Ground.

He has made 16 appearances in the Garibaldi and scored one goal, but Saturday's 1-0 win at Preston North End could prove to be his final game for the club, unless a deal can be struck.

Asked if his comments meant he was hopeful of the 29-year-old returning to Trentside, Hughton told NottinghamshireLive: "I wouldn't read too much into it.

"This is a player we've had here since the start of the season and he's got better in the period of time he's been here.

"But we have to look at all of the options, or potential options, we have.

"That's why, on most occasions, it's very difficult to be clear about anything, because there are so many different permutations that come into anything.

"But I'll reiterate, I think he's got better in the period of time he's been with us."

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-boss-comments-anthony-4866002

WhiteJC

Footballers being treated 'like guinea pigs' during Covid-19 pandemic, says Fulham's Kevin Macdonald

Fulham midfielder Kevin McDonald has claimed footballers are currently being treated "like guinea pigs" during the Covid-19 pandemic.

McDonald hit out during a post on his Instagram story in which he screenshotted news of Aston Villa's training ground being shut due to a coronavirus outbreak.

The rate of positive results has increased all over the UK in recent weeks, with football being no different.

Fulham, who McDonald plays for, have been hit by the virus and they have not played a match since Boxing Day.

They are due to be in action this weekend in the FA Cup, when they take on QPR, but a number of other games are off.

Saturday's FA Cup third-round tie between Southampton and Shrewsbury is off after a significant number of Shrews players and staff tested positive for coronavirus.

Players in the top flight are tested twice a week and that has now been extended to the EFL for the rest of the season.

But McDonald has hit out and wrote on Instagram: "How many more outbreaks and training ground closures until football needs to stop!!!!

"Shambolic!! Literally treated like guinea pigs!!!"

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/coronavirus-covid-19-football-guinea-pigs-fulham-fc-news-kevin-macdonald-b743834.html

WhiteJC

Parker says he expects tough game against QPR

Scott Parker expects a tough game when Fulham face QPR in the FA Cup on Saturday.

The Whites head coach plans to make use of his squad at The Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium, which only adds to a tie expected to be close.

Parker harked back to last season when both clubs were in the Championship, and although the Whites won home and away 2-1, they got the rub of the green in both matches.

He said: "On paper we should win, but the FA Cup is full of shocks, not that this would be one, because against QPR last year we had two very good games.

"The one at home certainly – when we were lucky to come out with a win, especially after they put us under pressure early on.

"And even the one away. Both games were nip and tuck."

Parker is aware his counterpart Mark Warburton is under pressure as Rangers sink closer to the foot of the Championship.

But Parker said: "We know what to expect form Mark's teams. He'll put you under a lot of pressure when you've got the ball. He's a man with a lot of experience and a lot of quality.

"Results-wise it probably hasn't gone the way he would like, but you've always got to be aware of Mark's teams and the way he plays.

"QPR have come off a good result at Norwich – and this will be a tough game."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/parker-explains-what-he-expects-from-qpr-in-cup-clash

WhiteJC

Newcastle United Striker Is On Fulham's Radar This Month: Should Bruce Cut Him Loose?

In a recent report, Chronicle Live has revealed that Newcastle United striker Dwight Gayle is on Fulham's radar this month. It is understood that the Cottagers are eager to recruit the Magpies forward during this January transfer period with the player's current contract at St. James' Park set to run out at the end of this season (via Chronicle Live).

Gayle's Lacklustre Form In English Football
The London-born marksman has experienced an uneventful season at Tyneside after he missed a lot of games as he was recovering from a medial collateral ligament injury. Gayle has made six appearances for the Magpies this term, finding the back of the net once in the process across various competitions.

The former Crystal Palace frontman played a far more prominent role at St. James' Park in the previous campaign when he participated in 22 matches for the Tyneside club, scoring four goals and securing two assists on all fronts. Gayle struggled to be consistent with his performances as he averaged 1.2 shots, 0.3 key passes and 0.1 dribbles per game in the 2019-20 Premier League season. He was also quite untidy with his ball-distribution as evident from his pass success rate of 69% in the English top tier (stats via whoscored).

The 31-year-old has only got a handful of years left in him to play at a high level, so he could be tempted with the opportunity to join Fulham where he might get a proper shot of earning regular first-team football in the coming seasons.

What Does The English Centre-Forward Bring To The Table?
Gayle is a quick and agile forward who can make some promising runs with the ball in the final third. He is proficient at getting himself into some dangerous areas inside the opponent's penalty area and can be a composed finisher when he is playing with confidence on the field.

However, the English striker is far too inconsistent with his goal-scoring and tends to give way the ball cheaply when he is under pressure from the opposition defenders. At 31, he also doesn't add any long-term value to Newcastle, which explains why the club is yet to offer him a new contract.

Should Bruce Cut Gayle Loose In January?
At the moment, the Magpies have got Callum Wilson and Joelinton as their first-team forwards while Andy Carroll provides cover for them on the bench. There is no denying that Gayle is surplus to requirements at Tyneside. Hence, Bruce can afford to cash in on him for a bargain fee this month rather than lose him for free next summer. With all things considered, it is only fair to the player if Newcastle allow him to leave during this winter transfer period.

https://the4thofficial.net/2021/01/newcastle-uniteds-dwight-gayle-is-on-fulhams-radar-this-month/

WhiteJC

Queens Park Rangers v Fulham

Fulham's last match was against Southampton on 26 December

It is "vitally important" Fulham resume their season after a tough period because of coronavirus cases at the club, says boss Scott Parker.

The Cottagers have had two Premier League games postponed and have not played since Boxing Day.

"We're getting up to speed, getting people back. It's been a difficult time but it is what it is," said Parker.

Fulham travel to Queens Park Rangers for a west London derby in the FA Cup third round on Saturday.

Parker added: "We've had a bit of a rough time of late considering what's happened in terms of the squad and some positive tests.

"We've got a game at the weekend which we can get back on to things and start playing again and that's vitally important for us."

Parker will have to decide whether to select Aleksandar Mitrovic for the trip to Loftus Road.

The Serbia striker was one of a number of high-profile players to have broken coronavirus restrictions over the festive period.

Parker said he was "bitterly disappointed" after seeing a picture of Mitrovic with Crystal Palace captain Luka Milivojevic.

QPR head into Saturday's match looking to improve on a poor run in the Championship.

Mark Warburton's side are two points above the relegation zone but Parker believes QPR can still pose a threat to Fulham's cup run ambitions.

"I know Mark really well," he said. "When I was with Spurs for a year, Mark would often visit us.

"He's a man with a lot of experience, a lot of quality. He'll put you under pressure with the ball. His teams have a clear identity.

"This is an FA Cup game, both teams have quality. Mark and his team haven't picked up the results he may have wanted, but it'll be a tough game."

Match stats

QPR have been eliminated in all three previous FA Cup ties with Fulham, losing in 1905-06, 1971-72 and 1978-79.
    Fulham have won five of their past seven away matches against QPR (D1 L1), with all wins coming in the league between 2001 and 2020.
    QPR have progressed from the FA Cup third round in the past two seasons, last managing that feat in three consecutive seasons between 1994-95 and 1996-97.
    Fulham have lost four of their past five FA Cup matches (W1), losing their most recent match 4-0 at Manchester City in last season's fourth round.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55574467

WhiteJC

Fulham signing this 31-year-old Newcastle star would be a great boost to their attacking depth

Why Fulham should sign Newcastle star Dwight Gayle to boost their attack

According to Daily Mail, Fulham are keen to revisit their interest in Dwight Gayle of Newcastle. Fulham have been long-term admirers of the forward and are working on an incentive-based deal with Newcastle. Clubs in the middle east are also said to be interested in the forward.

Fulham need more depth in the attack

Fulham's transfer activity in the summer window was focused largely on improving the defence and midfield, with Ademola Lookman being the only new attacker to come through the door on loan from RB Leipzig.

The Cottagers didn't really look too keen to add to their striking ranks, which is pretty understandable given the presence of a lethal weapon like Aleksandar Mitrovic in front of goal.

The Serb has already hit the ground running in the Premier League this season but the lack of quality depth beyond him could well come back to haunt Scott Parker' side later in the campaign. Mitrovic also has a habit of tailing off in patches, meaning Fulham need a reliable alternative up top to reduce the dependence on their talismanic hitman.

Aboubakar Kamara and Bobby Reid, though not specialist No.9s by trade, are somewhat capable of slotting into Mitrovic's shoes. But neither player has a good record in the Premier League. Suffice to say, the Cottagers ideally need another striker to compete for places in the ranks.

https://www.mediareferee.com/2021/01/08/why-fulham-should-sign-newcastle-star-dwight-gayle-to-boost-their-attack/

WhiteJC

QPR vs Fulham: FA Cup prediction, TV channel, live stream, team news, latest odds, h2h results

QPR and Fulham meet in a London derby in the FA Cup on Saturday looking for a reprieve from their league form.

The Premier League side have seen their past two games postponed due to a Covid outbreak at the club, and were winless in the six previous.

QPR, meanwhile, are without a win in 12 Championship games but come into the game off a confidence-boosting 1-1 draw at leaders Norwich.

Date, time and venue

QPR vs Fulham is scheduled for an 3pm GMT kick-off on Saturday, January 9, 2020.

The match will be held behind closed doors at Loftus Road.

How to watch

TV channel: The match will not be broadcast live on TV in the UK.

Live stream: UK viewers will be able to watch the game on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website.

Team news

Fulham manager Scott Parker may be tempted to make less changes than previously planned after back-to-back match postponements. Though, Marek Rodak will be looking to take his place between the posts for Fulham. Tom Cairney and Aboubakar Kamara should start after seeing their minutes reduced in the league.

QPR will likely rotate, with Albert Adomah, Chris Willock and Conor Masterson among those looking for a chance to impress.

Prediction: QPR 1-2 Fulham

This should be an entertaining derby, with both teams having a point to prove. The visitors should have the edge, especially in attack.

Head to head (h2h) history and results

QPR wins: 14
    Draws: 7
    Fulham wins: 18

Bettings odds and tips (subject to change)

QPR: 13/10
    Fulham: 6/10
    QPR to win 1-0: 17/2

Odds via Betfair Exchange.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-vs-fulham-fc-prediction-fa-cup-tv-channel-watch-live-stream-team-news-lineup-time-h2h-results-odds-b747277.html

WhiteJC

FA may have to ban players for breaches of lockdown, says Fulham's Scott Parker

'I could understand it. A lot of people are losing their lives'
    Manager has spoken to Mitrovic over New Year's Eve party

Scott Parker said Aleksandar Mitrovic was 'very remorseful' over his lockdown breach. Photograph: Peter Powell/Reuters

Scott Parker would not be surprised if the Football Association decides to ban players for breaching Covid-19 protocols after Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic attended a New Year's Eve party with Crystal Palace's Luka Milivojevic.

A video on social media showed Mitrovic and Milivojevic celebrating indoors with at least seven other people, flouting tier 4 regulations. The Serbian pair are not the only Premier League players to have flouted social distancing rules recently – for instance, a photograph showing three Tottenham players, Érik Lamela, Sergio Reguilón and Giovani Lo Celso, at a party with West Ham's Manuel Lanzini over the Christmas period met a furious reaction after its circulation last weekend.

Aston Villa set to field youth players in Liverpool FA Cup tie due to Covid cases
Read more

The breaches come after a rise in positive tests at Premier League clubs, raising fears that the season will have to be postponed. Fulham have not played since Boxing Day after their games against Tottenham and Burnley were called off because of an outbreak in their squad and Parker, whose side return to action when they visit Queens Park Rangers in the FA Cup third round on Saturday, admitted the authorities could have to step in if club sanctions prove an insufficient deterrent.

"I could understand it," Fulham's manager said. "If you go back to not just football players but the general public, people who are not sticking to the guidelines or restrictions, there seem to be some penalties now in place. Of course that is an option and I can see why that may be the case. We're living in a moment that is very serious. A lot of people are losing their lives."

Parker said Fulham were disappointed with Mitrovic but insisted the striker's remorse was genuine. "I've had a long conversation with Mitro regarding it. There's a genuine and honest apology there. He knows he's done wrong.

"I also understand that people's perception of it is that the people who have done bad are only apologising because they've been caught. What I can tell you is that when I've spoken to him he's very remorseful."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/07/fa-may-have-to-ban-players-for-breaches-of-lockdown-says-fulhams-scott-parker

WhiteJC

Not a good Luk – Palace captain Milivojevic should have paid heavier price for flouting Covid-19 rules

While Luka Milivojevic and Aleksandar Mitrovic were being filmed celebrating the turn of the year at the Crystal Palace captain's home, surely there was a point when it must have clicked that some outrage would follow?

The pair's actions were reckless and put people at risk, not least because Mitrovic's Fulham had December 30 and January 3 fixtures postponed due to a Covid-19 outbreak at the west London club.

They were not alone – joined by other adults, who were similarly as thoughtless, and young children – but as footballers their high-profile status comes with a privilege. In the images of the pair posing together and the video of them jokingly grappling, they apparently fail to realise this fact.

Upon viewing the footage, both clubs should have issued a full condemnation. Each player should have been forced to self-isolate.

Fulham have officially condemned Mitrovic. At the time of writing, Palace's acknowledgement of the incident has extended to Roy Hodgson's post-match media duties after the 2-0 win against Sheffield United.

This is not a case of individuals being innocent until proven guilty. This is a matter of public health and no risks should have been taken.

So to see Milivojevic not only be involved in Palace's game against the Blades last Saturday, but for him to captain the Eagles was a slap in the face to all those who have made huge sacrifices.

That a video in which Milivojevic urged viewers to "follow the regulations" was released just hours before kick-off made it even harder to swallow.

It does not matter that Milivojevic tested positive for Covid-19 in November because there is little knowledge of how long immunity lasts, if at all.

Palace boss Hodgson confirmed that Milivojevic had tested negative in the time between the party and the game against the Blades – and therefore the club had followed Premier League guidelines.

But it is difficult not to question whether Palace should have taken a lead and treated this as a special case rather than following the league's blanket protocol.

There is no harm in being completely risk-averse, but there is in exposing someone possibly carrying a potentially deadly virus to other people.

Hodgson was also wrong when he suggested that Palace fans would not want to see repercussions for Milivojevic. He felt they would simply be happy that he contributed to a 2-0 win.

That subscribes to a theory that people are football fans first, and human beings second. It lacks an understanding of the wider world beyond football's bubble.

Those same Palace fans will have spent the last nine months adhering to strict guidelines that restrict their lives. Those same Palace fans may have lost their jobs, they may not have seen family members for months, and – even worse – they may have lost loved ones.

They might even be frontline NHS workers who have spent nine months saving the lives of people who may have contracted the virus after coming into contact with individuals who displayed similarly thoughtless behaviour as Milivojevic and Mitrovic.

Many will have spent Christmas alone under the government's tier four restrictions in London and the South-East. While Milivojevic and Mitrovic partied, many saw through the turn of the year without company – purely because in doing so they were keeping people safe.

Those individuals can be forgiven for feeling let down.

That anger directed at Milivojevic and the club was not an agenda against the player. People simply ask that high-profile individuals, particularly those who carry a leadership role, realise their privilege and set an example. Not doing so should come with consequences.

Palace have largely performed admirably during the pandemic. This is the first negative mark against their name.

Early in the first national lockdown, club staff spent time calling elderly supporters who may be vulnerable to loneliness. Hodgson has spoken well about the work of the NHS, and in fairness his post-match comments were the first time he has been wide of the mark.

The Eagles have generally stuck to the rules, while other clubs have had regular disciplinary issues. Entry to Selhurst Park for media is limited – journalists must fill in a questionnaire and pass a temperature check before entering.

I have twice missed fixtures when experiencing mild symptoms – but have done that to protect colleagues, some of whom return home to vulnerable family members.

But being risk-averse should come with consistency. Even the most minor of breaches of the government and Premier League guidelines should come with some form of punishment.

Milivojevic finally issued a statement on Wednesday night in which he apologised for his actions.

"I am making a donation to the local NHS service to help them continue their incredible work in our community fighting this virus," he said.

High-profile breaking of rules since March have infamously undermined the huge national effort to fight coronavirus. A role model such as Milivojevic must be made an example of.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/not-a-good-luk-palace-captain-milivojevic-should-have-paid-heavier-price-for-flouting-covid-19-rules/

filham

So, Kongolo has had a week of full training, does that mean we may see him given some game time at Loftus Road. That would be a nice boost to our chances of premiership survival.
If then we can sign that much needed top striker things would be looking really hopeful for the rest of the season.