watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

so the next 3 games are tough

Started by fulhamben, January 11, 2021, 03:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Depends who's available after our covid outbreak. If we have a full squad fully fit then we could get some points. If not and we are relying on our championship squad, in particular our defence, then 0 points

Deeping_white

Spurs will try to get an early goal and then sit off us, it's the Mourinho way this season. Park the bus and we can get a draw and try to hit them late on if they appear vulnerable. Chelsea are bang out of form so we should be targeting winning that one of the next three, and then a draw v Man Utd who are very Jekyll and Hyde.

Happy to be told I'm the forum loon but I think we can set up to frustrate all 3, much like against Liverpool and I'm saying 5 points. Will upset a few people saying this but we need Cav leading the front 3 over Mitro as we will need to press hard, save Mitro for Chelsea as they've got the weakest CB's of the lot.

fulhamben

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 11, 2021, 07:50:31 PM
Spurs will try to get an early goal and then sit off us, it's the Mourinho way this season. Park the bus and we can get a draw and try to hit them late on if they appear vulnerable. Chelsea are bang out of form so we should be targeting winning that one of the next three, and then a draw v Man Utd who are very Jekyll and Hyde.

Happy to be told I'm the forum loon but I think we can set up to frustrate all 3, much like against Liverpool and I'm saying 5 points. Will upset a few people saying this but we need Cav leading the front 3 over Mitro as we will need to press hard, save Mitro for Chelsea as they've got the weakest CB's of the lot.
well which is it, press hard or sit off them and park the bus? There's literally no point pressing spurs as they don't fanny around at the back. When they attack they attack with speed. Almost A route one Style. They will by pass our attack entirely so mitro would be great in this game. We need goals from our attack not extra defenders who will make zero difference in this game. Plus mitro will be better at defending set pieces.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

fulhamben

Deeping_white

Quote from: fulhamben on January 11, 2021, 07:58:38 PM

well which is it, press hard or sit off them and park the bus? There's literally no point pressing spurs as they don't fanny around at the back. When they attack they attack with speed. Almost A route one Style. They will by pass our attack entirely so mitro would be great in this game. We need goals from our attack not extra defenders who will make zero difference in this game. Plus mitro will be better at defending set pieces.

"We need goals from our attack not extra defenders who will make zero difference in this game" - but you want to play a striker to defend corners?

alfie

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 11, 2021, 08:19:53 PM

"We need goals from our attack not extra defenders who will make zero difference in this game" - but you want to play a striker to defend corners?
Mitro is very good at defending corners.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

70sPimlico

I guess if we have players off/recovering from covid then playing the games we expect to not gains points would be the ones you would choose.

mrmicawbers

I said earlier that we will probably beat Chelsea as we can't witness it this season typically.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 11, 2021, 09:16:20 PM
I said earlier that we will probably beat Chelsea as we can't witness it this season typically.
Live that is.

fulhamben

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 11, 2021, 08:19:53 PM

nope primarily mitro will be a striker who can also be of use at corners. Cav is just fast and no use going forwards or defending set pieces. It's a no brainier.

terryr

Can't see us getting anything
I just hope we can hold down the goal difference

The Swan

Sorry fulhamben did not see your post before I posted my version . Hoping for three points
The Swan

fulhamben

Quote from: The Swan on January 12, 2021, 04:42:43 PM
Sorry fulhamben did not see your post before I posted my version . Hoping for three points
no probs mate. i think pretty much everyone would be happy with 3 from these games.

hovewhite

Jules

I am pretty concerned about who is or isn't fit after COVID cases. If we have to play spurs without the likes of Anguissa and Andersen we will really be up against it. I think 2 or 3 points from the next 3 games would be a good return

ex-Pat

Just curious,When are the easy games ?

perry geyton

FFC1987

Realistically we need 2-3+ but I suspect we'll get 0 or 1.

I'd start beaming with joy if we managed 3 tomorrow and City beat Brighton....Imagine going on level points with two games spare....Brighton would start feeling real pressure.

Jeroen

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 11, 2021, 08:08:12 PM
9 points I'm looking for.

Sorry, only 7 possible now! On a serious note, personally I think a great start of this serie of 3 games.
Looking forward to pick up another couple of points in the other 2 games :-)